Author Topic: Rondo might return sooner than expected (merged)  (Read 4926 times)

Re: Rondo might return sooner than expected (merged)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 12:55:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
What a troll that Sherrod A is ( As Tommy would say, you "know what the A stands for!")

Exactly what I was going to say.

That guy is the king of building celtics fans up with crappy, false reporting only to crush them once again when the real news actually comes through.

But really, who cares? Best case scenario, in the most outlandish projections, Rondo is healthy and in shape for training camp.

And the major backbone of the piece are Danny's recent comments on WEEI.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:11 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Merge or delete this. I already made a thread on it.

You're not the boss of me.

Lol! TP for making me laugh out loud.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I think he will be back for the beginning of the season if it is only a partial thickness tear. The problem with MRI's and arthrograms, as far as diagnosis being a "partial" tear is that the imaging results don't produce 100% accuracy, not even close. He could have cartilage that is torn inside of what the image actually resonates......so underneath the "partial" tear they are able to "see", may reveal a full tear.

I had a half torn labrum (same injury as Dwight Howard) and two different ortho's didn't even notice it as more than a blip....it all depends on the direction/types of the tearing. If it folds over, there's no way to tell.......the 2nd doctor I saw, who told me my results were negative/benign, only agreed to do arthroscopy on me because my shoulder was dislocating, and I was in obvious pain.

MRI's and all that crap are very imperfect sciences.....this article is mostly irrelevant as far as revealing a timetable yet.

They will only know once they go in with the arthroscope. I doubt they did an exploratory arthroscopy because the swelling is still probably pretty gnarly. I'm no doctor, but I just dealt with a ton of this ish, having a recent shoulder surgery, and I got way in to the research side of it. Depending on his current range of motion, they would be smart to do a pre-surgical rehab if they think it's only partial. They will know exactly what weight/motions he can and can't bear and won't push it.

Rondo is a badass and he's tough as $h!T. I feel like his youth/size/athleticism all play to his favor in making a full recovery. As cool as it would be to see him come back for playoffs, that is absolutely insane amount of risk. The tissues will not even be close to healing. I'd rather see a 100% Rondo for 5-10 years rather than a extra bullet in the chamber to MAYBE aide in a playoff push.

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
uummmm things seem to be running well, who needs him????

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 06:01:09 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What a troll that Sherrod A is ( As Tommy would say, you "know what the A stands for!")

Exactly what I was going to say.

That guy is the king of building celtics fans up with crappy, false reporting only to crush them once again when the real news actually comes through.

But really, who cares? Best case scenario, in the most outlandish projections, Rondo is healthy and in shape for training camp.

And the major backbone of the piece are Danny's recent comments on WEEI.

Sherrod is writing an article with a title like that with no hard facts about when rondo could be back. Noone will know anything until they get into rondo's leg and operate on it.

This idiot is the king of making his pieces appear like theyre actually newsworthy, despite always being completely speculative. When has sherrod actually broken anything of significance?

He's the worst insider ever.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 06:16:41 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Rondo will not be back this season, no matter how extensive or minimal the tear may be.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:45 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Rondo probably doesn't get it since he thought it was hamstring soreness.  Wasn't like he crawled off the court like d rose imam shumpert.

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo will not be back this season, no matter how extensive or minimal the tear may be.

rondo is scared to lose his spot in the lineup. He would play right now if its up to him.

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
According to Marc spears' twitter Rajon will miss 6 months.

Poor ickle sherrod got his story poached.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?