Author Topic: The sting of the Bulls, Knicks, & Hawks losses  (Read 1557 times)

The sting of the Bulls, Knicks, & Hawks losses
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:08 AM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
The 89-86 loss to the Knicks, that 100-99 overtime Bellineli falling prayer buzzer beating loss, and that Atlanta overtime loss where we had a 19 point halftime lead, all during that recent six game losing streak were heartbreaking.

Hate to live in a world of could of should of but its hard not to wonder. Look, law of averages say we will win our share of close games and lose our share but had we been lucky enough to win those games here is where we would stand.

1-Miami 32-14
2-New York 30-17
3-Indiana 31-19
4-Boston 29-20
4-Brooklyn 29-20
6-Chicago 28-21
7-Atlanta 26-22
8-Milwaukee 25-23

We would have been 1 1/2 games back of Indiana and 2 games back of New York and 4 1/2 games behind Miami. We would have also been 15-3 since that slow start. In that span we would have beaten the Heat, Pacers, Bulls, Knicks (twice), Hawks (twice), Rockets & Clippers.

I guess the glass half full person in me says three buckets and/or three stops at the end of those games and we would be considered in striking distance of the 2nd seed in the East. Just saying maybe we truly are closer to a top four seed than that dreaded 8th seed we just valiantly crawled out of.

Re: The sting of the Bulls, Knicks, & Hawks losses
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:15:13 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
A lot of the earlier losses this season was that Green, Lee and Terry weren't contributing much and Pierce went into a shooting slump. Now that Green, Lee, and Terry are playing well, that has given the Celtics a big lift and the latest winning streak resulted. I contend that with Rondo there, we would be thrashing teams and there still is a good opportunity to move the Eastern Conference leader board. I think that losing to Milwaukkee three times and Detriot twice and Cleveland and Philly twice hurt a lot more.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Well, we've also had our share of wins that we could have just as easily lost. This stuff evens out over time.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:22:12 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
A lot of the earlier losses this season was that Green, Lee and Terry weren't contributing much and Pierce went into a shooting slump. Now that Green, Lee, and Terry are playing well, that has given the Celtics a big lift and the latest winning streak resulted. I contend that with Rondo there, we would be thrashing teams and there still is a good opportunity to move the Eastern Conference leader board. I think that losing to Milwaukkee three times and Detriot twice and Cleveland and Philly twice hurt a lot more.

It's not a coincidence Green, Lee and Terry all suddenly have played way better the second Rondo went out.  That doesn't happen if Rondo is here.  We had a plenty big sample size showing us what our team looked like with Rondo and those guys.  It was bad.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

It's not a coincidence Green, Lee and Terry all suddenly have played way better the second Rondo went out.  That doesn't happen if Rondo is here.  We had a plenty big sample size showing us what our team looked like with Rondo and those guys.  It was bad.

Um no. Maybe people haven't been paying attention, but Green and Lee have been playing well since at least late December/beginning of January.

Courtney has actually shot worse in this six game win streak without Rondo than he has all season (.400 vs .474)

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
If they took care of Atlanta and didn't have to go through 2OTs, Rondo wouldn't have gotten injured..
But then again, when he got hurt, the other players started  to step up and Doc finally realized how to maximize his personnel's abilities, thus, our current 6 game winning streak!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 04:42:09 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Um no. Maybe people haven't been paying attention, but Green and Lee have been playing well since at least late December/beginning of January.

Courtney has actually shot worse in this six game win streak without Rondo than he has all season (.400 vs .474)

Let me put it this way, the team has not looked better than they look now all season long. Even during the 6 game win streak with rondo they didn't look this good. This team can win games with rondo. They even look pretty good at times. That being said, again, they have never looked as good as they look right now.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Let me put it this way, the team has not looked better than they look now all season long. Even during the 6 game win streak with rondo they didn't look this good. This team can win games with rondo. They even look pretty good at times. That being said, again, they have never looked as good as they look right now.
I think we looked better during the prior 6 game win streak. One more road game and superior competition overall.

This team is such a roller coaster.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

It's not a coincidence Green, Lee and Terry all suddenly have played way better the second Rondo went out.  That doesn't happen if Rondo is here.  We had a plenty big sample size showing us what our team looked like with Rondo and those guys.  It was bad

Green and lee were already starting to play well..cute theory though

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We've also won a lot of games that could have turned with a single make for the other team.

All of the OT games we've won, 4 of them, Clipers game they had 4 chances to tie it late, Utah game they missed the last 7 shots of the game when it was tied with a minute left, etc...

C's can't expect to win every close game, even the best defense a team can play will often lead to a bad shot that goes in 20-25% of the time.