Author Topic: Pierce Unwilling To Be Part Of Rebuilding Situation  (Read 1076 times)

Pierce Unwilling To Be Part Of Rebuilding Situation
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:22:19 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
" I really don’t want to be part of a rebuilding situation again. I just think at this point in time that’s something that would wear on me too much mentally"

Re: Pierce Unwilling To Be Part Of Rebuilding Situation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont see why he would want to be. Good thing we arent in a rebuild and he isnt getting traded.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I would have no problem if Pierce threatened to retire if it would block a possible "blow it up" rebuilding trade, if he thought the team still had the ability to compete.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Old news, he wouldn't have to worry about that anyways. If we blow it up he would be one of the first to go.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pierce is honest at least but selfish at the same time.

Not really what a true leader would say ever. KG on the other hand, is one loyal dude. I bet even if Pierce gets traded , he doesn't complain , does his job and tries to help our team win. Its such an admirable quality that is lacking in today's nba. Guys like Lebron James, Bosh are poster child's for what is wrong with today's nba. Guys who have no affinity with Miami except wanting to party 24/7, want max cash and play with other all stars in order to increase their chances at a ring.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Not really what a true leader would say ever. KG on the other hand, is one loyal dude. I bet even if Pierce gets traded , he doesn't complain , does his job and tries to help our team win. Its such an admirable quality that is lacking in today's nba. Guys like Lebron James, Bosh are poster child's for what is wrong with today's nba. Guys who have no affinity with Miami except wanting to party 24/7, want max cash and play with other all stars in order to increase their chances at a ring.

Completely disagree.

Pierce isn't being selfish, or lacking in leadership one iota.  He's simply being honest.  I have no doubt, in his mind, this team is still capable of winning a title.  This comes from a supreme confidence in his own abilites, and KG's as well.  It has nothing to do with not wanting to stick around for a rebuild.  He just doesn't want the team to rebuild.

Also, KG isn't sticking around if Pierce gets traded.  He might finish he season, but he'd reitre at seasons end.  I guarantee it.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Completely disagree.

Pierce isn't being selfish, or lacking in leadership one iota.  He's simply being honest.  I have no doubt, in his mind, this team is still capable of winning a title.  This comes from a supreme confidence in his own abilites, and KG's as well.  It has nothing to do with not wanting to stick around for a rebuild.  He just doesn't want the team to rebuild.

Also, KG isn't sticking around if Pierce gets traded.  He might finish he season, but he'd reitre at seasons end.  I guarantee it.

Completely agree. Nothing more to say..
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Imo i disagree.

If Pierce loves city and the org, i rather wish he would say, i want to win with this team, the only team i've known to play for in my career. The only way i get traded is, if it can help this team become a better team moving forward.

Not about making excuses that some of the greatest players also played for other teams.

Even if he says these kind of things, which are at least honest, i will always like pierce and he has been a great celt. But not Bird, Mchale, Parish, Russel level great. These guys wanted to play for no other team. Ever since the "i want out of Boston, if you don't do something" in 2008 has still left a scar for me.