Author Topic: Rumor Bargnani for Boozer swap, raptors can accept anytime they want  (Read 6621 times)

Re: Rumor Bargnani for Boozer swap, raptors can accept anytime they want
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Am I the only one here that thinks this is a solid deal for Chicago.

They both suck on defense, Bargs can also drop points like Boozer. He's not a better rebounder but he can stretch the floor. He's also cheaper. And I think Thibs defensive schemes can hide Bargs deficiencies, and he's not a bad post defender.

I like this for the Bulls.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

They both suck on defense, Bargs can also drop points like Boozer. He's not a better rebounder but he can stretch the floor. He's also cheaper. And I think Thibs defensive schemes can hide Bargs deficiencies, and he's not a bad post defender.

Nope I'm there with you. I believe I am the only one who does not think Bargs is hot garbage. He certainly is not a star (or worthy of the #1 pick) but I think he can be a very solid 2nd or 3rd option.

Also, Toronto was forcing him to play center for a lot of his time there. He is not a center, but rather a PF. Put him next to a defensive minded center who rebounds like Noah and I think it's a great fit.

When Rose comes back, imagine pick-n-pop with him and Bargs
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Not sure if I would do this, but it would probably make Boston more of a contender in the short term (though I'm not sure enough of one that I would do the trade)

TOR - Green, Bass
CHI - Bargs, Barbosa, Collins
BOS - Boozer, Belinelli, Lucas, CHI 1st (top 20 protected)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Rumor Bargnani for Boozer swap
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Why? Seems like a pointless trade for both teams.

I agree. I don't really get it for either team. Treading water.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not sure if I would do this, but it would probably make Boston more of a contender in the short term (though I'm not sure enough of one that I would do the trade)

TOR - Green, Bass

I think Jeff Green is more important to beating Miami and New York than Boozer is.

I don't think Boozer gives the team an added advantage against Brooklyn either. Maybe Indiana with David West, Booz would be useful there.

But overall, I don't think this trade would improve Boston's chances of making it out of the East.

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

To say that Bargnani is "not a better rebounder" is the understatement of the year.

Bargnani has consistently posted single-digit(!) TRRs over his career, while playing PF and even C for the Raptors. In his worst year, Boozer had a TRR of 16.

Chicago would be crazy to give up any sort of assets for Bargnani. I know Boozer is not a world-beater, but starting Bargnani instead is just madness.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Bargnani is the worst rebounder in the league. I'm not even trying to joke with you. He's worse than E'Twaun Moore or Isaiah Thomas. He's ridiculously bad.

This would likely put the Bulls out of contention until the 2016-17 season.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

TOR - Green, Bass

In December, you probably could have gotten several people here to agree to trading Green and Bass for Boozer without getting anything else in return.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Beat writer Doug Smith says the Raptors have "no interest" in Carlos Boozer. The Raptors' front office appears to have their heads on straight here. Boozer is a 31-year-old defensive liability that is owed $15.3 million next season and $16.8 million in 2014/15. Meanwhile, Andrea Bargnani is due $10.7 million next season and $11.5 million in 2014/15. Inexpensive workhorse Amir Johnson is a better fit than either. The Raptors are on the hunt for a better, more cost-effective Bargnani deal.