Summary for those who missed it:
- Says that a team does not need a true point guard for success in the NBA, so teams who don't have an exceptionally talented PG (like the Derek Fisher Lakers) can win.
- However, when a special point guard comes around, sometimes it is best to build the team around them. Ainge considers Rondo such a point guard.
- Ainge would like to see Rondo take more shots when he returns. He wants him to take those 17' shots off of screens rather than driving to the lane and kicking it out to shooters all the time.
- Says that KG was the one who requested the no-trade clause; it was not offered as a sweetener in the contract.
- He would still approach Paul if a good trade came along, but he believes the most likely situation is that he and KG stay put.
- Still doesn't quite know what this team is without Rondo and Sullinger. Wants to see what happens these next few games, but he's liked what he's seen in the last five games.
- Both Rondo and Sullinger will be ready for training camp.