Author Topic: What if...Durant?  (Read 2237 times)

What if...Durant?
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
First of all...i wouldn't change magical 2008 for nothing. If we didn't have all this injuries i believe we would have at least two more championchips.
But, i wonder what if the 2007 lottery goes our way and Danny select Durant?
Our team before draft was: Pierce, Jefferson, Szczerbiak, Ratliff, Rondo, West, Allen, Green, Powe, Perkins, Gomes and Scalabrine.
I believe Pierce said: bring in veteran help or trade me...
That year Ray Allen, player inferior to Pierce was traded for #5 and two solid players (West and Szczerbiak). If Pierce was serious i believe he could net us something like #3(Al Horford), Marvin Williams and Josh Childress.
Garnett surely wouldn't wanna come here, and i believe Danny would target Gasol- for Ratliff, Jefferson and Green.

That leaves us:
Rondo / West / Telfair
T.Allen / Szczerbiak / Childress
Durant / Williams / Gomes
Gasol / Powe / Scalabrine
Horford / Perkins

Imagine if we still do Allen trade. Not Jeff Green, Szczerbiak and West, but Szczerbiak, West, Gomes and Wolves 2008 draft pick?

Rondo / Telfair / veteran min
R.Allen / T. Allen / Childress
Durant / Williams / Childress
Gasol / Powe / Scalabrine
Horford / Perkins / Gasol

We woudn't win it all in 2008, but with these talent maybe we could have more than one championchips 2008-2013.
That team would have all- young superstars Durant, Rondo and Horford. Great shooting in Ray. Defense and toughness in TA, Perk, Powe.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

Re: What if...Durant?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I wonder if stern punished us. And rigged the thing.  because ainge had dinner with durant

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I wonder if stern punished us. And rigged the thing.  because ainge had dinner with durant

And sat with Durant's mom at some game.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

And sat with Durant's mom at some game.

Yup was fined 30 thousand for it