Author Topic: Dwight Howard says he won't take long-term risk just to return to save lakers  (Read 8037 times)

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I have no idea how anybody couldn't see this team as the train wreck it'd be with the cast of characters they constructed.

Yep. Too many egos on that team. One of those happens to be Kobe? Forget about it.

Ok, so why am i still worried about them?

They've been winning lately, and a win against out tired Celtics will put them just 2 games under .500.  They have a great shot now of making the playoffs and if things go their way, DH and Pau might be healthy then.   They still worry me.

Let's just say they get in. They will be a 7th or 8th seed. They realistically can't catch SA, OKC, LAC, Den, Mem, or GS. As a 7th or 8th seed you're still playing the Spurs or Thunder on the road right off the bat. You're also likely to play one of LAC, OKC/SA (depending who you played in the first round) in the 2nd. Then you play the other of OKC/SA or LAC in the WCF most likely. All on the road. Then more then likely Miami on the road in the Finals.

You really think they could beat the best of the best in 4 straight series all on the road?

I don't. Not with that system, that depth, and what I have seen so far.

I think the Pau injury will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Too many minutes being asked of a very old Kobe and Nash and an unhealthy Howard.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I have no idea how anybody couldn't see this team as the train wreck it'd be with the cast of characters they constructed.

Yep. Too many egos on that team. One of those happens to be Kobe? Forget about it.

They've been winning lately, and a win against out tired Celtics will put them just 2 games under .500.  They have a great shot now of making the playoffs and if things go their way, DH and Pau might be healthy then.   They still worry me.

Let's just say they get in. They will be a 7th or 8th seed. They realistically can't catch SA, OKC, LAC, Den, Mem, or GS. As a 7th or 8th seed you're still playing the Spurs or Thunder on the road right off the bat. You're also likely to play one of LAC, OKC/SA (depending who you played in the first round) in the 2nd. Then you play the other of OKC/SA or LAC in the WCF most likely. All on the road. Then more then likely Miami on the road in the Finals.

You really think they could beat the best of the best in 4 straight series all on the road?

I think the Pau injury will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Too many minutes being asked of a very old Kobe and Nash and an unhealthy Howard.

You know just what to say to a neurotic guy.  I appreciate your confidence!  Feeling better.  TP.

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I love that Kobe is making Dwight miserable this year. All the more reason for Dwight to go elsewhere.

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Talking to a sports science friend of mine; apparently if they keep getting him to play through a torn labrum aswell that can lead to pretty serious shoulder problems.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Have to agree with Dwight, here.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Isn't it pretty clear cut? If doctors clear him than Dwight is being a baby and if They aren't than Kobe needs to shut up. What am I missing?

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

You know just what to say to a neurotic guy.  I appreciate your confidence!  Feeling better.  TP.

Lol TP

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I be shock if Howard resigns with Lakers...i said all along, he will be with Dallas next season  ;D
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
D'Antoni just threw Howard under the bus too post game.

What the heck is going on with the Lakers....

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Awesome, just awesome. Loving the Lakers current state.  :)

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I thought Dwight looked pretty bad tonight. Physically, I mean.

Gave them what he could. Good effort.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Peer pressure => Fail game
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Jeff Green went right at him straight on and got an easy layup.

Clearly isn't right physically. I don't get why the organization is being so public about him being cleared to play for a while, needing to play through pain, etc....

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Jeff Green went right at him straight on and got an easy layup.

Clearly isn't right physically. I don't get why the organization is being so public about him being cleared to play for a while, needing to play through pain, etc....

It is really rather simple.  The people in charge in LA are brain dead morons.  Dr Buss stepping down and turning things over to his son has been awesome (for Celtics fans).

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I be shock if Howard resigns with Lakers...i said all along, he will be with Dallas next season  ;D

He could end up in houston