Author Topic: Dwight Howard says he won't take long-term risk just to return to save lakers  (Read 8036 times)

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Dwight Howard says he won't take long-term risk just to return to save #lakers "This is my career. Nobody else is going to take care of me."
GwashNBAGlobe

"I want to play," Howard said after shootaround Thursday in Boston. "I mean, why wouldn't I want to play? But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can't leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are p---ed off that I don't play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody's life is going to go on. I don't want to have another summer where I'm rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That's what I want to do." Howard is considered a gametime decision for the Celtics game. 13 minutes ago

Is that a shot at kobe? When kobe asked him to play through the pain?

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Good decision. Too young. Too much basketball left in him for Dwight Howard to risk the long term well-being of his career.

Kobe should keep his mouth shut. Dwight's decision to make.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Dwight Howard says he won't take long-term risk just to return to save #lakers "This is my career. Nobody else is going to take care of me."

I agree.

He needs to sit out the rest of the season though if he is serious about his health. You shouldn't be playing NBA basketball if you are unable to sit down without feeling nerve pain.

Look at Peyton Manning. Nerve issues have robbed him of some arm strength.

Howard needs both his legs. He is jeopardizing his career right now if he continues to play.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I bet this went over like a lead ballon with the Faker fans.......

he should tell this to Kobe's face

and smile really big at the same time

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Good decision. Too young. Too much basketball left in him for Dwight Howard to risk the long term well-being of his career.

Kobe should keep his mouth shut. Dwight's decision to make.
Yeah absolutely.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Kobe is on the record as saying that he refuses to try to draw charges because he doesn't want to have a messed-up back like Larry Bird.  It would be hypocritical if Kobe were to suggest that another player should ignore similar long-term health considerations.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
maybe now is the time to call Mitchy and offer Collins for Dwight. ?

just trying to help is all.   >

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Dwight on perceived pressure from Kobe to play: "He's not a doctor. I'm not a doctor,"

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Can't be mad at him for that. His life his health.

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Highly enjoying this Laker season.

I was sure Howard was a lock to resign with LA, now I think he's counting the days till he can leave. Keep it up Kobe. Your words might screw up Howard for the rest of his career.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
if Kobe was actually stupid enough to tell Dwight this............ that probably seals the deal  in Dwight's mind about should I stay or should I go.

Lakers fans all dying to have a player that never wanted to be there to begin with, are getting what they deserve.

Dwight's  health decision s are none of Kobe's business.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
if Kobe was actually stupid enough to tell Dwight this............ that probably seals the deal  in Dwight's mind about should I stay or should I go.

Lakers fans all dying to have a player that never wanted to be there to begin with, are getting what they deserve.

Dwight's  health decision s are none of Kobe's business.
He didn't tell Dwight it, he told the entire world via press conference.

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I have no idea how anybody couldn't see this team as the train wreck it'd be with the cast of characters they constructed.

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Dwight on Kobe pressing him to play: "That's his opinion, that's it. He's not a doctor, I'm not a doctor. That's his opinion."

Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Kobe and now nash saying for dwight to play

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Dwight on Kobe pressing him to play: "That's his opinion, that's it. He's not a doctor, I'm not a doctor. That's his opinion."

Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Kobe and now nash saying for dwight to play

I know Nash wants that ring, but you can't talk that way about a guy with a legitimate injury.  This ain't a tweaked ankle.

Mike