Author Topic: KG and/or Pierce to be dealt???  (Read 10311 times)

Re: KG and/or Pierce to be dealt???
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If it's Bledsoe and Jordan, you have to pull the trigger on that! KG goes to LA and competes for a ring, and it's not for the lakers. It's a win-win
why?  for a center whose only positive when compared to KG is that he's younger and a PG that will just be a glorified backup when Rondo's back next year? 

There's not enough in this deal to rebuild going forward and trading KG kills any chance at a title in the foreseeable future.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
hahaha his big news....
Here it is - I've partnered with @AvonInsider to launch the men's fragrance #Untouchable out Father's Day:http://prn.to/YEo9dA

Hahahahaha!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
If it's Bledsoe and Jordan, you have to pull the trigger on that! KG goes to LA and competes for a ring, and it's not for the lakers. It's a win-win
why?  for a center whose only positive when compared to KG is that he's younger and a PG that will just be a glorified backup when Rondo's back next year? 

There's not enough in this deal to rebuild going forward and trading KG kills any chance at a title in the foreseeable future.

DeAndre has ability. He is very good at sucking the defense to the rim when he dives after picks. Teams have to respect his alley oop ability ala Tyson Chandler. Rondo would play well with him in that regard. He is also a good rim protector and still has potential to get better.

If we got Jordan then the other three guys in the starting lineup all have to be very good scorers.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
You gotta figure if PP or Garnett gets traded, the other one is out the door as well. If PP leaves I could see Garnett loosing his stance on the no trade clause.

Huge fan of Garnett and everything he brings to the table but I'd pull the trigger with LA if they throw Jordan in the deal. Two solid young players with one being a big is going to be tough to find a better deal.

Pierce Unwilling To Be Part Of Rebuilding Situation
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Paul Pierce would be averse to being part of a Boston Celtics rebuilding project.

“I’m at the point in my career where I’ve got to evaluate it each and every year,” Pierce said. “It’s all based on the situation and based on what I want out of this game still. I mean, I’ve still got a lot of love for the game. I’m still very motivated. But there’s other factors.

“I mean, I really don’t want to be part of a rebuilding situation again. I just think at this point in time that’s something that would wear on me too much mentally that I don’t know what decision I may make if I have to. I may retire if I have to. You know, that’s something that’s a year-end process, especially given the situation that we have right now.”

Pierce left open the possibility he could finish his career with another team.

“It’s all on what they plan on doing,” said Pierce. “If they try to go into a rebuild mode, then, you know, I don’t know if I want to be a part of that. But that’s up to them and what they need to do. I don’t want to go out on a rebuild mode.

“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here — if that’s going to be somewhere else — so be it. That’s what it has to be. I mean, even the greatest players played for other franchises.”

Via Steve Bulpett/Boston Herald

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

1.  Boston is a longshot at best to win a title with KG.

2.  Getting Bledsoe and Jordan opens the door to trading Rondo.  Right now, it would be stupid to trade Rondo without getting an all-star caliber PG or big back.  If you've got B+J, there's a lot more possible deals to make that bring in an all-star caliber wing and maybe a pick in exchange for Rondo.

3.  While I'm fine with KG retiring as a Celtic, it means starting the rebuilding process with nothing but cap space.  Dallas threw away a championship contending team for cap space, wasted the last two seasons and may waste the rest of Dirk's career because of it.

Mike

Re: Paul pierce thread deleted ?
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I understand to Pierce, he's 35, he wants a last run and if in the Celtics he can not this, his opinion is normal.
At this point of his careers, PP and KG can not parts of a rebuilding.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 01:43:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm pretty sure that Danny Ainge and the Celtics' owners are quite averse at rebuilding.

As far as rebuilding efforts go, I can sleep comfortably at night that Danny Ainge is not planning on going that route.

If he blows-up the team, it'll be to get players that can actually compete right now, while gaining assets for the future at the very least.

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

1.  Boston is a longshot at best to win a title with KG.

2.  Getting Bledsoe and Jordan opens the door to trading Rondo.  Right now, it would be stupid to trade Rondo without getting an all-star caliber PG or big back.  If you've got B+J, there's a lot more possible deals to make that bring in an all-star caliber wing and maybe a pick in exchange for Rondo.

3.  While I'm fine with KG retiring as a Celtic, it means starting the rebuilding process with nothing but cap space.  Dallas threw away a championship contending team for cap space, wasted the last two seasons and may waste the rest of Dirk's career because of it.

Mike

Very well said, like always.

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If we trade KG, the entire culture of this team will change for the worse.  I have no doubt that removing KG from this team would result in a total rebuild... and likely a decade+ of mediocrity.

We're heading there anyways... it's inevitable.  Our team doesn't have a superstar and we are nowhere close to acquiring one.  The long winter is coming... so maybe they want to expedite that process and get the 10 year rebuild started.  That said, the longer we can have KG in this locker room mentoring and tutoring the young players and keeping the culture of Celtic pride alive... the better chance we have of having our young players "get it".  KG is lightning in a bottle.  He single-handedly brought back the long dead "Celtic Pride" aura that was the staple here during Russell's 60s, Cowen/Hondo's 70s and Bird's 80s.  Continuity between those generations is part of the reason Celtic pride was able to last as long as it did.   If KG leaves, it's unlikely that some role players like Sullinger and Bradley will keep it alive alone.  We need more time...and we need better prospects for KG to tutor.  Time is running out.   I believe that's why we have continued to desperately shop Rondo.  Rondo is a solid player in his prime, but he's not a superstar you build a team around.  We desperately want a superstar prospect for the next generation and Rondo isn't that.

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm pretty sure that Danny Ainge and the Celtics' owners are quite averse at rebuilding.

I'd say Doc, too.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

That's what I'm thinking, Mike. Even before the season started, I've always thought once KG and/or Pierce retired or got moved, Rondo's days as a Celtic were numbered. As much as I'd hate to see KG go, I honestly don't mind the Jordan/Bledsoe package.

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
If we trade KG, the entire culture of this team will change for the worse.  I have no doubt that removing KG from this team would result in a total rebuild... and likely a decade+ of mediocrity.

We're heading there anyways... it's inevitable.  Our team doesn't have a superstar and we are nowhere close to acquiring one.  The long winter is coming... so maybe they want to expedite that process and get the 10 year rebuild started.  That said, the longer we can have KG in this locker room mentoring and tutoring the young players and keeping the culture of Celtic pride alive... the better chance we have of having our young players "get it".  KG is lightning in a bottle.  He single-handedly brought back the long dead "Celtic Pride" aura that was the staple here during Russell's 60s, Cowen/Hondo's 70s and Bird's 80s.  Continuity between those generations is part of the reason Celtic pride was able to last as long as it did.   If KG leaves, it's unlikely that some role players like Sullinger and Bradley will keep it alive alone.  We need more time...and we need better prospects for KG to tutor.  Time is running out.   I believe that's why we have continued to desperately shop Rondo.  Rondo is a solid player in his prime, but he's not a superstar you build a team around.  We desperately want a superstar prospect for the next generation and Rondo isn't that.

I don't think so. Doc and Rondo will still be running things. But you're right KG is going to be gone soon one way or another. I can't fault the Celtics for considering to get assets back for him now.

I think we can add talent around Rondo and continue to compete if we make the right moves. Let's assume the Clips really do want KG and are willing to part with DeAndre and Bledsoe. I say hold out and receive Odom for Bass as well to unload his deal.

I did some tinkering on the trade machine. And this deal works. Utah would have to be game, but they have been looking for a young PG to go with their young core for a while.

Boston receives Deandre Jordan and Al Jefferson (who would have to resign on a logical deal for us.)

Utah receives Odom's expiring and Bledsoe.
* They get their PG prospect nd take no extra money on.

LAC receives KG, Bass, Terry, and absorb Collins into a Trade Exception to make salaries work.

Boston unloads Terry and Bass. They get back Big Al and Deandre who honestly make up an intriguing C and PF combo.

Clearly Pierce would have to be moved too in another deal or KG won't waive the Trade Clause. So he would be bringing in other pieces too.

As a result you look at a team with guys like Rondo, Big Al, Jeff Green, Deandre Jordan, Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, Jared Sullinger, and Fab Melo. Also whatever you get back in a Pierce deal which will be pretty good.

You could potentially have a very young, talented, and versatile group of players. They're is also some solid depth.

My ultimate point is that by moving a Pierce or KG doesn't mean we HAVE to go into full rebuild mode. It could also be a chance to reload in an Eastern Conference that outside of LeBron is very wide open.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Trade KG to LAC for bledsoe and Jordan

Then trade pierce, terry, collins to GSW for Barnes, Thompson, Biedrins, jefferson

Gives us a lot of young talent and future trade chips

LAC gets Garnett who they're hot after and GSW gets better for a title run

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aatp5yr

Bledsoe/barbosa ( rondo)
Bradley/lee
Thompson/Barnes/jefferson
Bass/green/Biedrins  (sullinger)
Jordan/Wilcox/melo
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

I don't usually agree with you, but I do this time. Fully and completely.

KG and Pierce stay. We need them for the intangibles they bring to the team. Besides, I'm still convinced that KG is better now and next year...and maybe the year after that...than anybody the C's could get in trade for him. Pierce is better than anybody we can get for him, as well.

Yes, Danny has got to find the next superstar and he might have to trade a lot of guys we really, really, like to get him. It may come down to Paul or Kevin going, too, but that should be last resort, not first.

Trade Bass and Wilcox for one good PF/C. I like Lee, Terry, Barbosa, and Melo has potential, but they are trade assets. I *really* like Green, Bradley, and Sullinger has grown on me, but I yep, I trade them before I trade KG or Paul. I'd even trade Rondo, and selling low is a big no-no for me, a quality center who can help right now and a first round pick.

I think the Celtics really are one quality big man away from having more than a puncher's chance at making the finals.

Bradley/Lee/Terry/Barbosa - our committee of guards will do
Pierce/Green - still as good once as he ever was
Bass/Green - one man short
KG/??? - one man short

We need one very good PF/C, or a backup PF and a backup C. A real PG wouldn't hurt, but that's a distant third on my wish list.

Danny has Melo, Wilcox, Collins, this year's pick...and I don't like it, but a low balled Rondo and/or Sullinger to get them.

Anybody else out and we'll be making holes. Trade Bass and you need another big. Trade Bradley or Terry and you need a PG. Trade Lee or Barbosa and you need an SG. Trade Green and you need an SF.