Author Topic: "Kobe Bryant dishes on Celtics" (love for rondo)  (Read 1189 times)

"Kobe Bryant dishes on Celtics" (love for rondo)
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »

Offline wilymogilman

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
hey guys, sorry if this has already been posted... great article here.

Kobe Bryant dishes on Celtics:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8924289/kobe-bryant-feels-pain-rajon-rondo-boston-celtics

Kobe loves Rondo
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
"You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

"What guard have you seen at his size that will get you 18 assists, 17 boards and 20 points all in one game? That's unheard of. I love that kid. I always make a point of talking to him during All-Star [Weekend]. He's one of my favorites."

This is mad props for rajon. I think Kobe sees alot of himself in Rondo and as a result has a soft spot for him.

I do not like Kobe but I have been forced to respect him. This guy will destroy his body if ti means winning another ring. It's forced me to respect him. He is an incredible competitor.

I also like what he said here. He may hate the Celtics and he should but he has respect for the organization and the rivalry. I think seeing the end of these Celtics - and its coming - brings only the reality that his end is near as well.

"I'm not happy about what's happening to them (the Celtics)," Bryant said. "We're all running out of time. So I understand."

The end of an era is coming where guys didn't like each other and competition was still really genuine.

The camaraderie of today's NBA players, fueled, in part, by their AAU alliances, is mildly disturbing to Bryant, who preferred it when the enemy was anyone who didn't ride the team bus with you to the game.

"They don't seem to want to talk any trash," Kobe shrugged. "I say everything to LeBron. He says nothing back. He just laughs. There's no banter back and forth. I guess it's a generational thing. When I first came into the league, the trash talk was downright cutthroat."

It's sad.

"If there's one Celtic that tries to talk smack to me, it will be Paul," Kobe reported. "We're similar in age, have been through some of the same things, so he feels like he can try. But he's not as good at it as I am.

"I don't talk trash often, but when I do, I go for the jugular."

I can't wait for tonight. Only twice a year (normally). Lets. Go. Celtics!.

Beat LA!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14