Author Topic: Is there more urgency to find a big now???  (Read 1655 times)

Is there more urgency to find a big now???
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
So the lakers have lost Gasol for at least a month and I heard this morining via sportscenter that the lakers are going to have to look into signing a big: troy murphy, Kenyon Martin(were names mentioned). With that being said, do the celtics need  to act with more urgency in finding a big now that LA is looking for one and is looking in the same pool as us?

Or does LA losing gasol not affect that at all?

thoughts.

Re: Is there more urgency to find a big now???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The Celtics have had an urgency to find a big all season and regardless of who gets injured on other teams they still need to fill the need somehow.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:11:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Celtics are looking for a big with talent, not just another big body in case of emergency.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:54:16 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
The Celtics have had an urgency to find a big all season and regardless of who gets injured on other teams they still need to fill the need somehow.

Yes but i'm asking does it become more urgent now that another team NEEDS a quality big.

I guess what i'm wondering is: does this make the C's wanna sign somebody quicker so that another team doesn't take that option away (aka the lakers)

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm sorry but I don't get it. ???

NBA teams don't lose their best player and win a championship to my recollection. Forget about this year, think about the future. We need a big man like I need $10 million, but we need a very good big man, not a scrub.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
So the lakers have lost Gasol for at least a month and I heard this morining via sportscenter that the lakers are going to have to look into signing a big: troy murphy, Kenyon Martin(were names mentioned). With that being said, do the celtics need  to act with more urgency in finding a big now that LA is looking for one and is looking in the same pool as us?

Or does LA losing gasol not affect that at all?

thoughts.

All teams need bigs...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yes but i'm asking does it become more urgent now that another team NEEDS a quality big.

I guess what i'm wondering is: does this make the C's wanna sign somebody quicker so that another team doesn't take that option away (aka the lakers)

I dont think so. The Lakers have Howard already so I dont think they really feel the need to fill Gasol's spot very quickly, especially when it seems that DAntoni doesnt really like him anyways.

If the Celtics had a player in their sights that they wanted badly my guess is that they woulda signed him by now. So I dont really see the Lakers sweeping the rug out from under us and stealing our signing.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
In all honesty, I think the Celtics should reach out to Darko and see if he's interested in coming back to the team before the stretch. I am not kidding.