Author Topic: Green, Terry, Pick for Big Al.  (Read 5734 times)

Re: Green, Terry, Pick for Big Al.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Green defending Lebron is our only shot at beating Miami so I concur with the gentleman who said, "hell no."

We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please. This blog has become totally unrealistic in the past week lol.

Look we beat 3 very bad teams, the clippers who have been on a slide, and yes we beat Miami at home in double OT. But people need to be realistic.

Man, people have become such wimps.  Oh no, we can't beat the big bad heat even though we just did.  It took us two whole OTs to beat them....oh no. 

Is there a team we could beat that would provide some evidence to you that we might possibly be able to win a series?  We could beat Miami in Miami by 20 and you'd probably still say we'd have no shot against them.

Listen, beating a team in the regular season means NOTHING come playoff time. Remember when the celtics beat miami like 3 out of 4 times in the regular season just to lose to them in 5 games in the playoffs?

Beating a team once or twice in the regular season is completely different than beating them 4 times in a playoff series. To even use the miami game that we just won as evidence we can beat miami in a playoff series is nothing less than ignorant & idiotic.

It has nothing to do with being a "Wimp". Its about being an educated basketball fan and knowing the celtics beating the heat in a 7 game series is very unlikely. Even before rondo went down it was unlikely. Now its borderline out of the question.

There is no evidence to suggest that us beating Miami is unrealistic or out of the question.

The only season any of Lebron's or Wade's teams beat us convincingly in the playoffs was 2011, and that came only a couple of months after we made the Perkins trade, which killed our team chemistry. 

The only other time Miami beat us in the playoffs was last season, and it was hardly one sided.  We led the series 3-2 going into game 6, and led for about 3/4 of game 7 before injuries took their toll and our key players just ran out of gas - right at the exact same time as Lebron decided to go into uber-beast mode.  Everybody (including Celtics fans) predicted a blowout and expected we'd be knocked out in a 4 game sweep, maybe in 5 games if we were lucky.

We have been at least a match for Miami in the regular season every season since their 'big three' was assembled including this season, where we are currently tied 1-1. 

To say you'd favour Miami in a 7 game series is fine, but to say we have no chance at all is rediculous.  Historically games played between Miami and Boston have always been physical and hardfought, and as long as we have Bradley, Lee, Pierce and Green and Garnett we pretty much slow down Wade, Lebron and Bosh as well as any team in the league.  We have traditionally been weak against teams with big frontcourts, and Miami is not one of those teams.

So many ridiculous things in this post and quite frankly I'm done arguing about this. I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic.

The 8th seed has a chance to beat everyone and win the NBA championship but what are the odds. We can just agree to disagree.

"I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic. "

"We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please.

It is possible you don't understand the meaning of pipe dream and unrealistic.

If Pierce, Garnett and Terry get hot, we can beat anyone.  We easily could have beaten the Heat last year, even with all of our injuries.  We had no Green, Bradley or Wilcox.  Stiemsma and Ray were hobbling on bad feet/ankles.  Pietrus was never the same after his concussion AND he was playing on a bad knee.  STILL we had the Heat beat if Wade gets called for a foul when he smacked Rondo on the head.  The Heat are no where near as unbeatable as you think they are.

Beat the Heat!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
One word

A-definite-no

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 12:52:10 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Love Al, but way too much in this scenario.

What say ye old for a Rondo for AlJeff and Millsap?  Throw in picks where needed?

KG teaches both d.  Bradley holds down point for us and DA/Doc draft defensive guards until the cows come home.

Jazz still ha Cousins and Kanter and an Al Star PG.

Blasphemy, I know. And unrealistic.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 01:38:41 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Man, if Danny could get Millsap for Bass, Melo, C's 1st and C's 2nd round pick we are back in the hunt.
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 01:45:28 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Green defending Lebron is our only shot at beating Miami so I concur with the gentleman who said, "hell no."

We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please. This blog has become totally unrealistic in the past week lol.

Look we beat 3 very bad teams, the clippers who have been on a slide, and yes we beat Miami at home in double OT. But people need to be realistic.

Man, people have become such wimps.  Oh no, we can't beat the big bad heat even though we just did.  It took us two whole OTs to beat them....oh no. 

Is there a team we could beat that would provide some evidence to you that we might possibly be able to win a series?  We could beat Miami in Miami by 20 and you'd probably still say we'd have no shot against them.

Listen, beating a team in the regular season means NOTHING come playoff time. Remember when the celtics beat miami like 3 out of 4 times in the regular season just to lose to them in 5 games in the playoffs?

Beating a team once or twice in the regular season is completely different than beating them 4 times in a playoff series. To even use the miami game that we just won as evidence we can beat miami in a playoff series is nothing less than ignorant & idiotic.

It has nothing to do with being a "Wimp". Its about being an educated basketball fan and knowing the celtics beating the heat in a 7 game series is very unlikely. Even before rondo went down it was unlikely. Now its borderline out of the question.

There is no evidence to suggest that us beating Miami is unrealistic or out of the question.

The only season any of Lebron's or Wade's teams beat us convincingly in the playoffs was 2011, and that came only a couple of months after we made the Perkins trade, which killed our team chemistry. 

The only other time Miami beat us in the playoffs was last season, and it was hardly one sided.  We led the series 3-2 going into game 6, and led for about 3/4 of game 7 before injuries took their toll and our key players just ran out of gas - right at the exact same time as Lebron decided to go into uber-beast mode.  Everybody (including Celtics fans) predicted a blowout and expected we'd be knocked out in a 4 game sweep, maybe in 5 games if we were lucky.

We have been at least a match for Miami in the regular season every season since their 'big three' was assembled including this season, where we are currently tied 1-1. 

To say you'd favour Miami in a 7 game series is fine, but to say we have no chance at all is rediculous.  Historically games played between Miami and Boston have always been physical and hardfought, and as long as we have Bradley, Lee, Pierce and Green and Garnett we pretty much slow down Wade, Lebron and Bosh as well as any team in the league.  We have traditionally been weak against teams with big frontcourts, and Miami is not one of those teams.

So many ridiculous things in this post and quite frankly I'm done arguing about this. I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic.

The 8th seed has a chance to beat everyone and win the NBA championship but what are the odds. We can just agree to disagree.

"I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic. "

"We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please.

It is possible you don't understand the meaning of pipe dream and unrealistic.

If Pierce, Garnett and Terry get hot, we can beat anyone.  We easily could have beaten the Heat last year, even with all of our injuries.  We had no Green, Bradley or Wilcox.  Stiemsma and Ray were hobbling on bad feet/ankles.  Pietrus was never the same after his concussion AND he was playing on a bad knee.  STILL we had the Heat beat if Wade gets called for a foul when he smacked Rondo on the head.  The Heat are no where near as unbeatable as you think they are.

Why did you quote me saying the second thing in bold. I never said the second thing in BOLD. Somebody else said that and I remember reading it. Also i never said the heat were unbeatable.

I just don't think we're the team that can/will do it. Also, lets stop with the injuries because the heat had injury problems too. Their second best player missed half the series so lets not go there.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 08:47:42 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Oh sorry, someone else jumped in there.  Quote after quote got me mixed up.

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Oh sorry, someone else jumped in there.  Quote after quote got me mixed up.
Let this be a lesson, once you have more than two nested quote boxes, just say no more quotes and hit reply instead.  ;)

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Don't want big Al whatsoever.....what a total steal it still was to get the legendary kg for a deal centered around that scrub