Author Topic: Green, Terry, Pick for Big Al.  (Read 5738 times)

Re: Green, Terry, Pick for Big Al.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Green defending Lebron is our only shot at beating Miami so I concur with the gentleman who said, "hell no."

We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please. This blog has become totally unrealistic in the past week lol.

Look we beat 3 very bad teams, the clippers who have been on a slide, and yes we beat Miami at home in double OT. But people need to be realistic.

Man, people have become such wimps.  Oh no, we can't beat the big bad heat even though we just did.  It took us two whole OTs to beat them....oh no. 

Is there a team we could beat that would provide some evidence to you that we might possibly be able to win a series?  We could beat Miami in Miami by 20 and you'd probably still say we'd have no shot against them.

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
2. Is Jefferson really that slow? he scored more than 27% of his points within the first ten seconds of the shot clock, meaning that he has to be scoring on the fast break sometimes.

Jefferson gets criticized for being slow on defense, especially on rotations.  That may have something to do with effort on defense or his ability to understand defensive schemes and not just physical ability.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Green defending Lebron is our only shot at beating Miami so I concur with the gentleman who said, "hell no."

We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please. This blog has become totally unrealistic in the past week lol.

Look we beat 3 very bad teams, the clippers who have been on a slide, and yes we beat Miami at home in double OT. But people need to be realistic.

Man, people have become such wimps.  Oh no, we can't beat the big bad heat even though we just did.  It took us two whole OTs to beat them....oh no. 

Is there a team we could beat that would provide some evidence to you that we might possibly be able to win a series?  We could beat Miami in Miami by 20 and you'd probably still say we'd have no shot against them.

Listen, beating a team in the regular season means NOTHING come playoff time. Remember when the celtics beat miami like 3 out of 4 times in the regular season just to lose to them in 5 games in the playoffs?

Beating a team once or twice in the regular season is completely different than beating them 4 times in a playoff series. To even use the miami game that we just won as evidence we can beat miami in a playoff series is nothing less than ignorant & idiotic.

It has nothing to do with being a "Wimp". Its about being an educated basketball fan and knowing the celtics beating the heat in a 7 game series is very unlikely. Even before rondo went down it was unlikely. Now its borderline out of the question.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As much as I have been down on Green for almost all of his time here, he has seemed to have found a role on the team and is fitting in well.  Not saying he always plays great, but does seem to offer something we desperately need (ability to defend LeBron/Melo).

Getting Jefferson would be great, but I'm not sure if what we'd lose in Green is made up for in what we'd gain in Jefferson.  Probably would be a wash.  Then, to lose Terry on top, without having Rondo, is tough.

If it was possible to do a straight Green for Jefferson swap (with a pick added in), I'd probably do it.  Alas, money doesn't match and we really don't have anyone making enough to offset the difference that Utah would want (that I'd be comfortable giving up).

Besides, I doubt Utah would do this trade anyway.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Listen, beating a team in the regular season means NOTHING come playoff time. Remember when the celtics beat miami like 3 out of 4 times in the regular season just to lose to them in 5 games in the playoffs?

Beating a team once or twice in the regular season is completely different than beating them 4 times in a playoff series. To even use the miami game that we just won as evidence we can beat miami in a playoff series is nothing less than ignorant & idiotic.

It has nothing to do with being a "Wimp". Its about being an educated basketball fan and knowing the celtics beating the heat in a 7 game series is very unlikely. Even before rondo went down it was unlikely. Now its borderline out of the question.

There is no evidence to suggest that us beating Miami is unrealistic or out of the question.

The only season any of Lebron's or Wade's teams beat us convincingly in the playoffs was 2011, and that came only a couple of months after we made the Perkins trade, which killed our team chemistry. 

The only other time Miami beat us in the playoffs was last season, and it was hardly one sided.  We led the series 3-2 going into game 6, and led for about 3/4 of game 7 before injuries took their toll and our key players just ran out of gas - right at the exact same time as Lebron decided to go into uber-beast mode.  Everybody (including Celtics fans) predicted a blowout and expected we'd be knocked out in a 4 game sweep, maybe in 5 games if we were lucky.

We have been at least a match for Miami in the regular season every season since their 'big three' was assembled including this season, where we are currently tied 1-1. 

To say you'd favour Miami in a 7 game series is fine, but to say we have no chance at all is rediculous.  Historically games played between Miami and Boston have always been physical and hardfought, and as long as we have Bradley, Lee, Pierce and Green and Garnett we pretty much slow down Wade, Lebron and Bosh as well as any team in the league.  We have traditionally been weak against teams with big frontcourts, and Miami is not one of those teams.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
ummm
no

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

There is no evidence to suggest that us beating Miami is unrealistic or out of the question.

The only season any of Lebron's or Wade's teams beat us convincingly in the playoffs was 2011, and that came only a couple of months after we made the Perkins trade, which killed our team chemistry. 

The only other time Miami beat us in the playoffs was last season, and it was hardly one sided.  We led the series 3-2 going into game 6, and led for about 3/4 of game 7 before injuries took their toll and our key players just ran out of gas - right at the exact same time as Lebron decided to go into uber-beast mode.  Everybody (including Celtics fans) predicted a blowout and expected we'd be knocked out in a 4 game sweep, maybe in 5 games if we were lucky.

We have been at least a match for Miami in the regular season every season since their 'big three' was assembled including this season, where we are currently tied 1-1. 

To say you'd favour Miami in a 7 game series is fine, but to say we have no chance at all is rediculous.  Historically games played between Miami and Boston have always been physical and hardfought, and as long as we have Bradley, Lee, Pierce and Green and Garnett we pretty much slow down Wade, Lebron and Bosh as well as any team in the league.  We have traditionally been weak against teams with big frontcourts, and Miami is not one of those teams.

So many ridiculous things in this post and quite frankly I'm done arguing about this. I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic.

The 8th seed has a chance to beat everyone and win the NBA championship but what are the odds. We can just agree to disagree.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I do this in a heartbeat.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Sorry but no.

I remember reading at SLCdunk that Al jefferson freaked out when he saw the thickness of the jazz playbook.

Feedback there is he has trouble understanding difficult offensive and defensive schemes. Which is why they cannot thoroughly implement the Flex Offense.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Green just raced out for a dunk, and then got back for the block as I read this thread...

You can't trade that for a slow center, with out getting a fast back up young SF to back up PP, who can also play a the quick PF with PP.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 10:02:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
You watching this game? or the last 5 for that matter? NO

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Trade Jeff Green for Al No D?

Ridiculous.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
wrong thread

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
green's stock just rises every single game. green for faried! ;D

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:16 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

So many ridiculous things in this post and quite frankly I'm done arguing about this. I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic.

The 8th seed has a chance to beat everyone and win the NBA championship but what are the odds. We can just agree to disagree.

"I didn't say we had no chance i said it would be a pipe dream and unrealistic. "

"We are not beating Miami in a series, just forget about that please.

It is possible you don't understand the meaning of pipe dream and unrealistic.

If Pierce, Garnett and Terry get hot, we can beat anyone.  We easily could have beaten the Heat last year, even with all of our injuries.  We had no Green, Bradley or Wilcox.  Stiemsma and Ray were hobbling on bad feet/ankles.  Pietrus was never the same after his concussion AND he was playing on a bad knee.  STILL we had the Heat beat if Wade gets called for a foul when he smacked Rondo on the head.  The Heat are no where near as unbeatable as you think they are.