Author Topic: If Kobe had been a Celtic  (Read 6312 times)

Re: If Kobe had been a Celtic
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
If I remember correctly, Kobe had pretty much said that he would only play for LA or Chicago.
Kobe was coming out of high school and was drafted in the teens.  He had no power to demand anything.  Face it; Jerry West is simply smarter than most.

Yes he did make the demand, and yes he had the power to do do, regardless of where he was drafted.

And yes we all would've loved him if he was a C.

Yup.  Caliperi(sp?) was going to take him with the #8 pick when he ran the New Jersey Nets.  He was told that Kobe wouldn't go there and that he would be wasting a pick.  Jerry West verified that Kobe wasn't going to play anywhere else.

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I said if I'm not sure if he did it or not. But AT BEST, he cheated on his wife who just had his child. I can forgive many things, but I would never look up to him just because he's great at a sport.

He also said he wouldn't play for my home team who drafted him and they traded him to LA. I can't stand a child who demands playing for the team he wants when we really have no ideaif he'll be as good as people think.

All I'm saying is that Kobe has certainly did some things...conducted himself in ways that I didn't like.

But at the same time, I'd hope that people would forgive him and forget.

I'm not making excuses for him, but at the same time can we take off the Green-Tinted glasses for a bit and just look at the Celtics-Lakers rivalry for tomorrow?

As a human being, I wish the best for Kobe.

As a basketball player I have nothing but respect for him for many reasons. As a person I do not. And it has nothing to do with the Lakers or my green glasses. I have a respect for many Lakers of the past beyond basketball.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
A hierarchy of evil:

Thieves
Muggers
Drug Dealers
Rapists
Murderer
Lakers

7th on the list are Wade and the cHeat
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 12:43:18 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If I remember correctly, Kobe had pretty much said that he would only play for LA or Chicago.
Kobe was coming out of high school and was drafted in the teens.  He had no power to demand anything.  Face it; Jerry West is simply smarter than most.
Not true. His agent threatened that Kobe would play in Europe, forcing the Nets to pass on him and the eventual trade to LA.

In case you haven't picked up on Kobe's personality, he is extremely strong willed.