Author Topic: Sheridan: Spurs Likely to Get Big Al jefferson  (Read 9600 times)

Re: Sheridan: Spurs Likely to Get Big Al jefferson
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It would be nice to see Big Al on a top-tier playoff team.  I hope this happens.

This is how I feel. I don't really care what anybody says, I stil love Big Al and his game.

Please basketball gods put him on a good team for once to show the nba what he can do!
ditto

looking forward to Big Al getting a chance to play with a very good team to see how good a player he really is.  I think he'll make a more positive impact than the one we expected Antoine to give Dallas after that trade

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
It would be nice to see Big Al on a top-tier playoff team.  I hope this happens.

This is how I feel. I don't really care what anybody says, I stil love Big Al and his game.

Please basketball gods put him on a good team for once to show the nba what he can do!
ditto

looking forward to Big Al getting a chance to play with a very good team to see how good a player he really is.  I think he'll make a more positive impact than the one we expected Antoine to give Dallas after that trade

Not to mention a HOF coach.  Was looking forward to seeing what Sloan did for him in Utah but DWilliams ruined that variable, along with his own.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

ditto

Not to mention a HOF coach.  Was looking forward to seeing what Sloan did for him in Utah but DWilliams ruined that variable, along with his own.
I think Big Al has improved a lot under Ty Corbin. Become a more well-rounded offensive threat. A much better passer. Better decision maker. More range and accuracy on his jump shot.

I think Tyrone Corbin has been very good for Big Al.

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst

ditto

I think Big Al has improved a lot under Ty Corbin. Become a more well-rounded offensive threat. A much better passer. Better decision maker. More range and accuracy on his jump shot.

I think Tyrone Corbin has been very good for Big Al.

Don't disagree.  Was more emphasizing what a HOF personality can do for his accountability, esp on defense and fouls.  Rooting for Al big time.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I've always liked big al and hope he can finally feel some success and know what it takes to win. Everywhere he goes the team turns out worse

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Speaking of the spurs, they are once again quietly having a great regular season and putting themselves in great position come playoff time. That team is something else.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
If this happens, Spurs are the favorites for the ring, I would love for Big Al, as he deserves to be on a contender, he's an all star. Spurs would be the right team for him, though I wish Boston.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Since they still have Kanter and Favors (and Millsap), it'd be nice to be able to get Splitter for one of our wings.

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 05:49:31 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Since they still have Kanter and Favors (and Millsap), it'd be nice to be able to get Splitter for one of our wings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6xboxn

;)

(Yes, I know the Jazz wouldn't do it.)

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6xboxn

;)

(Yes, I know the Jazz wouldn't do it.)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ba9ut4e

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Why can't the Jazz get more for Jefferson?

Because he is an expiring contract.  Unless a team is willing to pay him market value as a free agent, he is a rental.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
I don't see why people think this move would make the Spurs a sudden title favorite.

Honestly, I don't think it increases their ceiling all that much. He is a fine player, but he's not a star.

For all of the love people give his offensive game, his field goal percentage is still BELOW the league average. And his defense, while improved lately, is still mediocre.

Definitely a good player, don't get me wrong, but honestly I wouldn't trade Splitter for him. Splitter is younger and has more upside. Al Jefferson is old. Why do the Spurs need another old player, who isn't anywhere near as efficient or cerebral a player as the other players on their team?

Splitter is FAR more efficient offensively, no worse at defense, and is a better passer.

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 06:19:56 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Something like this might entice Utah

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5qw35q

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I don't see why people think this move would make the Spurs a sudden title favorite.

Honestly, I don't think it increases their ceiling all that much. He is a fine player, but he's not a star.

For all of the love people give his offensive game, his field goal percentage is still BELOW the league average. And his defense, while improved lately, is still mediocre.

Definitely a good player, don't get me wrong, but honestly I wouldn't trade Splitter for him. Splitter is younger and has more upside. Al Jefferson is old. Why do the Spurs need another old player, who isn't anywhere near as efficient or cerebral a player as the other players on their team?

Splitter is FAR more efficient offensively, no worse at defense, and is a better passer.
Um. Tiago Splitter is 3 days older than Al Jefferson.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Hm. My mistake, I thought Splitter was younger.

Doesn't change the fact that, at least this season, has been a more efficient player.