Author Topic: We Are Playing Celtics Championship Basketball Finally.  (Read 9591 times)

Re: We Are Playing Celtics Championship Basketball Finally.
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This team is so good right now, i can't wait to play Denver, GS, NYN, MIAMI soon enough to test us out

The defense is absolutely in sync as well as the offense is passing it until the best shot is available.

During last nights game where Steve Kerr was a color commentator for nbc, he couldnt stop gushing about how good the celts play on both ends of the court. He said it like 20 times literally. But he does worry if we meet a team that is excellent defensively like miami or SA, without Rondo how shots may be created. I say bring them ON!

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

They can only play whose on their schedule
Exactly, which is why the team needs to keep playing well and winning.

We've played 10 mostly bad games in our losing streaks (3 weren't so bad but the rest blech) and 12 good games in our two winning streaks (some clearly better than others).

The team needs to keep winning and playing well, that's it. If you're frustrated that people are skeptical due to scheduling strength both home/away and opponent, remember our previous awful road trip and other losing streaks.

This team is barely out of the 8th seed, they haven't shown anyone anything yet.

Exactly what I'm saying. We got blown out by the same Kings team we blew out on this win streak. They do need to keep playing hard. A wins a win. We're now beating teams we expect to beat... maybe some of the bloggers on here have short term memory issues, but there was a time not too long ago that we couldn't even do that

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
looking at the standings, its interesting to note we are only 3-losses out of the 4th seed...if we can keep winning we have a change to make a nice move up the standings

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
6 straight now.....

But the magic and kings are terrible
And the clippers didnt have chris paul
And the raptors well they are still trying to gel after the trade
And the lakers are just terrible, the celtics should have been them by at least 40 like a real championship team would have

oh yeah, there was the heat, but hey they just played really hard that game

If the celtics want to prove to me they are a championship level team, they need to go out and beat some teams that are not on their schedule.

The six wins have been against terrible teams, the Lakers who are the biggest mess in the league, the Clippers without Paul, who then lost the next night to the Wizards, and the Heat. If they can continue to play this way against the Nuggets, the Bulls, on the west coast trip, and against a much tougher schedule after the all star break, they may have something here. That said, I will enjoy this as long as it continues.
Miami Heat?

And if the lakers are the biggest mess in the league... but just won 3 straight road games prior to last night... then how would you describe the 3 teams that LA just beat in their own buildings?  The BIGGEST UGLIEST MOST DISGUSTING 3 MESSES TO EVER HAVE MESSED?  While LA is a mess indeed, they still have a ton of talent on that team.  A win over that team is still not an easy task.  Just ask Brooklyn.

If the celtics want to prove to me they are a championship level team, they need to go out and beat some teams that are not on their schedule.

What... they need to go out and beat some teams that are not on their schedule? What are you talking about...

Think he's being tongue-in-cheek, making fun of people who discount the wins. 
Thanks fwf.  Sorry for the confusion redspades, hoped everyone would catch that!

Yeah. I had edited my post and screwed it up. I meant three wins against terrible teams.

As far as the streak goes, I do not think it means nothing. However, they previously won six games in a row and looked pretty good before losing six games in a row before again winning 6 games in a row. Their schedule gets tough 2 out of the next 3 games and then after the all star break. It will be a true test for this team and the new style of ball it is playing.

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
a tooth under a pillow will get ya a buck. Nothing will get this Celtic Team a Championship this season. The Team core is done, the few that get it will take more time to improve, the rest will be wearing different uniforms next season and maybe not NBA style.

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Could be the most fluky winning streak ever.. ...the best win was honestly against Toronto on the road...I have to admit I'm enjoying it though...they're playing hard and relishing not having anything expected of them
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:27:40 PM by scaryjerry »