Author Topic: We Are Playing Celtics Championship Basketball Finally.  (Read 9593 times)

We Are Playing Celtics Championship Basketball Finally.
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
We are playing Celtics basketball and Celtics basketball wins Championships.

Red Auerbach style basketball wins championships even now.
It took Doc an injury to Rondo to finally figure out how to coach Celtics style. In the 70's we won championships with JoJo White, Don Chaney, Paul Silas, Hondo and Cowens. Great players playing as a team. JoJo wasn't a typical point guard. We played fast break,  ball movement and dominated. No Superstars just great basketball.

This is how you win. While others are saying "Blow it Up!" They don't get it. This team has everything they need to win now. We have team play and a deep bench.
They are better with Rondo only if they keep playing this style. They are not better with Rondo when he comes back next year if they continued to have him hog the ball.
The point is: this is Celtics basketball and this style wins Championships!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:02:28 PM by Pucaccia »

Re: We Are Playing Celtics Championship Basketball Finally.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No, they are not.

The have won 4 straight with is good.

But they are not on the level of championship basketball.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
No, they are not.

This ^

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They've gotten their defensive efficiency back up into the top 5 or 6, which I'll agree is championship caliber.  Over the last month or so they've been near the top of the league in that category.

However, offensively I think they're far from championship caliber, and that will only get worse in the playoffs when things tighten up and opponents have spent tons of time game-planning for our new "spread it around" offense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
We are playing Celtics basketball and Celtics basketball wins Championships.

Red Auerback style basketball wins championships even now.
It took Doc an injury to Rondo to finally figure out how to coach Celtics style. In the 70's we won championships with JoJo White, Don Chaney, Paul Silas, Hondo and Cowens. Great players playing as a team. JoJo wasn't a typical point guard. We played fast break,  ball movement and dominated. No Superstars just great basketball.

This is how you win. While others are saying "Blow it Up!" They don't get it. This team has everything they need to win now. We have team play and a deep bench.
They are better with Rondo only if they keep playing this style. They are not better with Rondo when he comes back next year if they continued to have him hog the ball.
The point is: this is Celtics basketball and this style wins Championships!

Like the spirit and hope you're right!  Your vision requires a defensive stud to make it work.  We got that.  He's 36, but he's still going....he'll need lots of help.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
You supposedly know what celtics basketball is all about...but cant spell Auerbach... with that out of the way....uh no they arent playing championship caliber ball because of 4 games, 3 of which were against teams going through slumps and playing the worst ball in the NBA, all of which were at home.

They're playing simplified basketball..Ill be a little more impressed if they win in toronto tonight and continue it the upcoming week.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I will wait to reserve judgement, because so far, I haven't seen championship basketball, I have seen a team that is clicking, and outworking other teams, and that has won a handful of games in a row against bad basketball teams, a great team that was sleepwalking, and a great team that is actually a bad team, because they were missing their superstar.

Now don't get me wrong, the play, and the chemistry has been encouraging.  But its a long way from championship basketball.  They would have to pick their game up another 2-3 levels to compete in the playoffs, and I think this team might be playing pretty close to their top level right now. 

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
See what they do against Toronto tonight and Lakers tomorrow. Raptors will be a great test. They are a good team with Gay, Lowery, etc..now the Lakers may be w/o both DH and Gasol..if they are, then we should win by 10 or more
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
i love where we are at...i guarantee you the capt and kg think they can win it all this year...do you know why...because they are champions...and...do you know what champions know in their heart....they know you have to think like a champion...believe you are a champion   and...act like a champion...before...and i stress before...you win a championship...if you go in half-hearted and not sure...your boat is sunk before you leave port...so...bottomline...if they think they can win it all..then...so do i...i challenge anyone to go up to the capt or kg and ask them if they think they can win it all...you know the answer...even better...go tell they capt and kg to their face that they have no chance...

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Fatigue is out there as an issue.  It's on Doc to handle this classic nemesis of the aged.  Mainly it means keeping Pierce fresh for the 4th.  You can do it Doc!

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
i love where we are at...i guarantee you the capt and kg think they can win it all this year...do you know why...because they are champions...and...do you know what champions know in their heart....they know you have to think like a champion...believe you are a champion   and...act like a champion...before...and i stress before...you win a championship...if you go in half-hearted and not sure...your boat is sunk before you leave port...so...bottomline...if they think they can win it all..then...so do i...i challenge anyone to go up to the capt or kg and ask them if they think they can win it all...you know the answer...even better...go tell they capt and kg to their face that they have no chance...

If they're honest with themselves I'm actually pretty sure they don't think they can win the championship....not sure what you love about where we are at...8 seed in the east

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

If they're honest with themselves I'm actually pretty sure they don't think they can win the championship....not sure what you love about where we are at...8 seed in the east

if you are so confident in your convictions...then...go share your thoughts and feelings directly to the capt and kg...i can't wait to hear the results...

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

if you are so confident in your convictions...then...go share your thoughts and feelings directly to the capt and kg...i can't wait to hear the results...

That'd be cool if I could! I think they're smart and realistic guys..I think they probably felt they could make a run at it before injuries and now think they can still make some noise in the east

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown

That'd be cool if I could! I think they're smart and realistic guys..I think they probably felt they could make a run at it before injuries and now think they can still make some noise in the east

champions don't think about making noise...they think about winning...nothing less...that is why they are champions...

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
No, they are not.

Agreed.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri