Author Topic: "Nuggets interested in Kevin Garnett...interest not mutual" (merged)  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Denver Nuggets has express interest in Garnett but the feeling is not mutual. KG has no interest in playing for Denver. I still believe he is not going anywhere and i hope not. U going to hear everything. Got to remember, he has a no trade clause. On;y place i think he would go to would be LA, either Lakers or Clippers.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Nuggets wants KG
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
The Denver Post has reported this by the way

"Nuggets interested in Kevin Garnett...interest not mutual"
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:39:27 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
There's no doubt Boston, whose playoff prospects have been dealt crippling blows by season-ending injuries to guard Rajon Rondo and forward Jared Sullinger, is listening to trade inquiries from around the NBA. The Nuggets have called. And they have enough young, reasonably priced talent to get the attention of Boston president of basketball operations Danny Ainge.

But discussions between Denver and Boston can go nowhere, unless Garnett shows interest in Colorado. At this point, there is none.

That's why it's pointless to discuss if the Nuggets' main chip in a trade proposal would be Andre Iguodala, Kenneth Faried or Danilo Gallinari.

Not sure it's much of a news story as I'm sure most teams have called regarding Garnett.

However, if you are Danny and are considering moving the big man, Denver could put together some interesting trade packages.

With that being said, any package Denver sent would likely wipe them out of a lot of talent and leave KG nothing to play with so chances of it happening are obviously slim to none.

Found it interesting none the less.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Nuggets wants KG
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
beat me to it...can anybody merge these two threads?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: "Nuggets interested in Kevin Garnett...interest not mutual"
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Thought I saw on twitter that they'd be offering McGee which is a big 'thanks but not thanks.'

I really enjoy watching Kevin Garnett play, and selfishly I want him to finish here so I can watch as much of his career as possible. But if Denver offered Faried (and KG would waive his no trade) I think I'd be OK with it.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Thought I saw on twitter that they'd be offering McGee which is a big 'thanks but not thanks.'

I really enjoy watching Kevin Garnett play, and selfishly I want him to finish here so I can watch as much of his career as possible. But if Denver offered Faried (and KG would waive his no trade) I think I'd be OK with it.
What salary would match KG's with Faried being the guy coming back?

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

The only player I'd really have interest in is Faried. Have little to no interest in Mcgee and his contract.

Maybe a Lawson/Faried package but then where does that leave Denver? Doubt they even consider that kind of deal
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

I'll check out salaries, but off the top of my head - Wilson Chandler should make things close.

Re: "Nuggets interested in Kevin Garnett...interest not mutual" (merged)
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Seems like speculation and not much else. Remember, JaVale McGee makes 10 million per. KG makes 11.5. Any trade package would clearly start with McGee's crazy butt.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Faried, Chandler and Mozgov would be needed to make salaries work.

But this doesn't seem like a trade Denver makes. I just don't see them in the place where they try to hit the homerun.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Seems like speculation and not much else. Remember, JaVale McGee makes 10 million per. KG makes 11.5. Any trade package would clearly start with McGee's crazy butt.

Ya, I was just going to say that - my guess is it's Denver doing their due dilligence and seeing if Ainge had any interest in taking Pierre's contract on.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Faried, Chandler and Mozgov would be needed to make salaries work.

But this doesn't seem like a trade Denver makes. I just don't see them in the place where they try to hit the homerun.
I don't see them moving Chandler too I guess.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

I'll check out salaries, but off the top of my head - Wilson Chandler should make things close.

Wilson Chandler and Andre for that matter are both redundant with Pierce and Green still on the roster.

I do like Andre though, he's just not a good fit for this roster and it's current construction.

Some poor GM will fall for Mcgee's athletic ability and I pray to the basketball gods it's not Ainge. Paying him 10mil a year is turrble
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:03:56 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Faried would be the only piece i would want..but Nuggets would be crazy trading him..

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Its funny cause I think the only reason we would want McGee would be to have him playing with KG