Author Topic: Dalambert goes off for 35/11 on 15-17 shooting in only 21 mins  (Read 7893 times)

Re: Dalambert goes off for 35/11 on 15-17 shooting in only 21 mins
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bayless went for 29 points in 29 minutes (off the bench) for Memphis tonight as well ... both are very capable players, but a bit inconsistent, and not steady minutes to prove themselves, unfortunately.
Memphis is a tough place to fit in offensively it seems. I watched a lot of that game and the announcers were talking about how they liked Bayless off the ball at SG. I'm not so sure about that idea, he has defensive issues at the point as it is.

It is shocking how unproductive he's been compared to his time in Toronto last year.

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bayless went for 29 points in 29 minutes (off the bench) for Memphis tonight as well ... both are very capable players, but a bit inconsistent, and not steady minutes to prove themselves, unfortunately.

I have been banging the Dalembert drum on this board for awhile.

I agree with all of the above, except the "inconsistent" part regarding Dalembert. The only thing inconsistent regarding Dalembert is his usage. He has performed well with big #s on more than one occasion (14/13/4 in 24 minutes vs Noah and the Bulls last week).

The inconsistency in minutes was because he was in Skiles doghouse (a black hole from which few ever leave)and with Boylan, one of Skiles disciples, he has also been given incosistent minutes. (Following that Bulls performance, which only happened because Sanders was sick, the next two games Dalembert was relegated to 12 minutes and then 6 minutes languishing on the bench because Sanders returned.)
The reason he was in Skiles doghouse was that he wasn't playing consistent hard defense and working on the glass.

That's what we're talking about when we refer to inconsistency.

There are two sides to every story, and probably blame on both Skiles and Dalembert.

Here's a great article on Skiles and his lack of communication skills.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/samuel-dalembert-opens-non-relationship-former-bucks-coach-195525268--nba.html

Just a snippet from a highly informative article:

"Former Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles has a history of not being fondly remembered by his teams upon leaving. In both Phoenix, Chicago and Milwaukee Skiles has parted from his clubs midseason, and not on the best terms. In his latest parting, Bucks players such as Ersan Ilyasova, Monta Ellis, and Drew Gooden might be secretly applauding the separation, if not on record.

Center Samuel Dalembert, who was acquired in a steal of a deal last summer to hold down the team’s center position is going on record, even if he’s acting quite tactfully, in discussing his 32-game run with Skiles. Sam went from starter to scrub with Skiles after a shootaround conversation gone wrong last fall, and nobody seems to know why.

Seems like he easily could be as much if not more to blame for Dalembert's banishment. Skiles is an inordinately stubborn guy who alienates people wherever he goes.

Free Samuel Dalembert!!

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
so, anyone here want to make the case for JaVale McGee, the guy Sam lit up?

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
What would it take to get him? But the way he has been playing, the Bucks will keep him or they will ask for the moon for him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I have been banging the Dalembert drum on this board for awhile.

I agree with all of the above, except the "inconsistent" part regarding Dalembert. The only thing inconsistent regarding Dalembert is his usage. He has performed well with big #s on more than one occasion (14/13/4 in 24 minutes vs Noah and the Bulls last week).

The inconsistency in minutes was because he was in Skiles doghouse (a black hole from which few ever leave)and with Boylan, one of Skiles disciples, he has also been given incosistent minutes. (Following that Bulls performance, which only happened because Sanders was sick, the next two games Dalembert was relegated to 12 minutes and then 6 minutes languishing on the bench because Sanders returned.)
The reason he was in Skiles doghouse was that he wasn't playing consistent hard defense and working on the glass.

That's what we're talking about when we refer to inconsistency.

There are two sides to every story, and probably blame on both Skiles and Dalembert.

Here's a great article on Skiles and his lack of communication skills.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/samuel-dalembert-opens-non-relationship-former-bucks-coach-195525268--nba.html

Just a snippet from a highly informative article:

"Former Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles has a history of not being fondly remembered by his teams upon leaving. In both Phoenix, Chicago and Milwaukee Skiles has parted from his clubs midseason, and not on the best terms. In his latest parting, Bucks players such as Ersan Ilyasova, Monta Ellis, and Drew Gooden might be secretly applauding the separation, if not on record.

Center Samuel Dalembert, who was acquired in a steal of a deal last summer to hold down the team’s center position is going on record, even if he’s acting quite tactfully, in discussing his 32-game run with Skiles. Sam went from starter to scrub with Skiles after a shootaround conversation gone wrong last fall, and nobody seems to know why.

Seems like he easily could be as much if not more to blame for Dalembert's banishment. Skiles is an inordinately stubborn guy who alienates people wherever he goes.

Free Samuel Dalembert!!
Given how inconsistent Dalembert has been over the last several years its hard for me to blame the coach.

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Current rumors headline on Hoopshype...

"DALEMBERT ON THE BLOCK"...

No, you dont say?

http://hoopshype.com/

Marc Stein: Word is Bucks have been shopping Sam Dalembert thanks to emergence of Larry Sanders. Let's see if Sammy's 35 & 12 has impact on interest Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
What will the price be for him? The way he been playing, the Bucks will ask for the moon for him. He is to inconsisdent for me to give up alot for him..i give them a 2nd rounder
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
What will the price be for him? The way he been playing, the Bucks will ask for the moon for him. He is to inconsisdent for me to give up alot for him..i give them a 2nd rounder

Id say thats fair...? No?

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Current rumors headline on Hoopshype...

"DALEMBERT ON THE BLOCK"...

No, you dont say?

http://hoopshype.com/

Marc Stein: Word is Bucks have been shopping Sam Dalembert thanks to emergence of Larry Sanders. Let's see if Sammy's 35 & 12 has impact on interest Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

They've been shopping him all season. The issue is a contract match..which makes it difficult
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
We can always get players like him for a million or two dollars. We have Chris Wilcox and Jason Collins for instance. Dalembert has made his money throughout his career and has little to show for it.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 02:01:53 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
5 blocks to go with 14 points, 12 rebounds tonight. What?

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:54 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Memphis is a tough place to fit in offensively it seems. I watched a lot of that game and the announcers were talking about how they liked Bayless off the ball at SG. I'm not so sure about that idea, he has defensive issues at the point as it is.

It is shocking how unproductive he's been compared to his time in Toronto last year.

Yeah I think they really need a shooter in the Korver/Ray Allen mold.

I think you're right though. Gay looks a lot better with Toronto thought the sample size is small and OJ Mayo looks a lot better with Dallas then he ever did in Memphis. Memphis has issues.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14