Author Topic: Dalambert goes off for 35/11 on 15-17 shooting in only 21 mins  (Read 7925 times)

Re: Dalambert goes off for 35/11 on 15-17 shooting in only 21 mins
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Who here would like to see the Celtics give Dalembert a multi-year full MLE contract this summer if Ainge plans on maintaining this core without any major trades?

If it was a one year deal, and there were no better options available, sure.  Otherwise, no thanks.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd stab myself if Dalembert was given anything more than the min. Blatche is on the min. I strongly dislike Hollinger/Billy Bean 2.0, but his PER is like 1205345. I can't remember Sammy playing since the Iverson days. Do we realize how long ago that is!?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd stab myself if Dalembert was given anything more than the min. Blatche is on the min. I strongly dislike Hollinger/Billy Bean 2.0, but his PER is like 1205345. I can't remember Sammy playing since the Iverson days. Do we realize how long ago that is!?

Dalembert does not have any of the red flags that Blatche has ever had.  He's been a fairly productive player per-minute throughout his career, and there haven't been any reports that he's a malcontent or anything like that, regardless of whether you can remember him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 12:35:04 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Dalembert does not have any of the red flags that Blatche has ever had.  He's been a fairly productive player per-minute throughout his career, and there haven't been any reports that he's a malcontent or anything like that, regardless of whether you can remember him.

It is a simple comparison to illustrate what a min contract can return. There are a million others... the purpose was to point out the absurdity of giving Dalembert more than that. Why would I care if he is a malcontent? He is no longer a good basketball player. Washes out any other issues that may come in the way of him getting a contract from us. What difference do you think he could make this year? And beyond...not even worth considering...

Edit: Please tell me when the last time you saw Samuel play was... the fact that I haven't seen him play in 10 years ought to add to my argument, not detract from it, imo. I can't imagine anyone has seen him play outside of Milwaukee since 1975.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Who here would like to see the Celtics give Dalembert a multi-year full MLE contract this summer if Ainge plans on maintaining this core without any major trades?
If Danny keeps the team together, I'd be willing to give Dalembert a 1-2 year MLE deal but no longer than that.

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He's not really a malcontent, but he is a knucklehead.  He deserves props for being as productive as he has been, because he's got almost zero basketball IQ.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 12:53:20 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I still hope they lose so we can catch them at #7!  ;D

Hey, Bucks lose, I called it! How about some TPs?  ;D

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:42 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
That's pretty good for a questionable offensive player.  I mean, he's an okay finisher, but nobody ever gives him the ball to create a shot.

I think the craziest part of that stat line is 1 FT.  He's not the worst FT shooter in the world, but if a Center is that on fire you gotta make earn at least some of them.  I'm assuming a fair deal of these were in the paint.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

He's not really a malcontent, but he is a knucklehead.  He deserves props for being as productive as he has been, because he's got almost zero basketball IQ.

Sure.  He's not much more than a near-seven footer who rebounds, gets some easy looks at the rim, and blocks shots.  He's worth a few million a year, perhaps the full MLE.  He is clearly talented enough to be much more than he is, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Blatche.

I've always thought of Dalembert as a more offensively skilled Perk without any of the real toughness on defense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It is a simple comparison to illustrate what a min contract can return. There are a million others... the purpose was to point out the absurdity of giving Dalembert more than that. Why would I care if he is a malcontent? He is no longer a good basketball player. Washes out any other issues that may come in the way of him getting a contract from us. What difference do you think he could make this year? And beyond...not even worth considering...

Edit: Please tell me when the last time you saw Samuel play was... the fact that I haven't seen him play in 10 years ought to add to my argument, not detract from it, imo. I can't imagine anyone has seen him play outside of Milwaukee since 1975.

Hardly any one has seen anybody play in Milwaukee other than Milwaukee fans in years.

Does that mean that there are no good players on the Bucks, ever?  I don't understand this argument.  Just because you're not paying attention doesn't make him a bad player.

As for your argument re: Blatche, I disagree.  It's not really that common for highly productive players to be available for the minimum.  Yes, centers who put up numbers like Dalembert and Blatche are highly productive given their position.  There's usually a reason a player like that is available for so little money.  In Blatche's case, it's that he's a headcase with no work ethic who doesn't know how to play basketball and has never been particularly interested in defense.  He's also consistently been out of shape.

Dalembert has never, to my knowledge, had issues at all on that level.  So yeah, it's a bad comparison, because Dalembert represents a much better value than a guy like Blatche.  You can give Dalembert a MLE contract and reasonably expect to get a decent return.  You can only give Blatche the minimum because there's no guarantee you're going to get anything.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

He's Haitian! Is he the only Haitian in pro sports?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Looks like the Bucks are playing a little showcase game for ole Dalembert.

Hes been playing well as of late in the last three games where he played over 20 minutes he has had a double double in each.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bayless went for 29 points in 29 minutes (off the bench) for Memphis tonight as well ... both are very capable players, but a bit inconsistent, and not steady minutes to prove themselves, unfortunately.

I have been banging the Dalembert drum on this board for awhile.

I agree with all of the above, except the "inconsistent" part regarding Dalembert. The only thing inconsistent regarding Dalembert is his usage, which Bahku pointed out quite astutely. He has performed well with big #s on more than one occasion (14/13/4 in 24 minutes vs Noah and the Bulls last week).

The inconsistency in minutes was because he was in Skiles doghouse (a black hole from which few ever leave)and with Boylan, one of Skiles disciples, he has also been given incosistent minutes. (Following that Bulls performance, which only happened because Sanders was sick, the next two games Dalembert was relegated to 12 minutes and then 6 minutes languishing on the bench because Sanders returned.)

My only regret about Dalemebert's performance last night is that now the price to acquire him may have risen.

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bayless went for 29 points in 29 minutes (off the bench) for Memphis tonight as well ... both are very capable players, but a bit inconsistent, and not steady minutes to prove themselves, unfortunately.

I have been banging the Dalembert drum on this board for awhile.

I agree with all of the above, except the "inconsistent" part regarding Dalembert. The only thing inconsistent regarding Dalembert is his usage. He has performed well with big #s on more than one occasion (14/13/4 in 24 minutes vs Noah and the Bulls last week).

The inconsistency in minutes was because he was in Skiles doghouse (a black hole from which few ever leave)and with Boylan, one of Skiles disciples, he has also been given incosistent minutes. (Following that Bulls performance, which only happened because Sanders was sick, the next two games Dalembert was relegated to 12 minutes and then 6 minutes languishing on the bench because Sanders returned.)
The reason he was in Skiles doghouse was that he wasn't playing consistent hard defense and working on the glass.

That's what we're talking about when we refer to inconsistency.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If Danny keeps the team together, I'd be willing to give Dalembert a 1-2 year MLE deal but no longer than that.
Yeah we already have enough long term salary in Green/Bass/Terry/Lee.