Poll

Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?

Trade Rondo
Trade PP
Trade KG
Trade combination of Jet, Lee, Bass, Green etc
Let stay this roster like is now
Complete blow up (move KG, PP, and older vets)
Trade prospects (Sully, Bradley)
Minor deal involving non-rotation guys

Author Topic: Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?  (Read 5891 times)

Re: Close to trade deadline: What is te best trade option for Cs team?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Minor moves involving role players.  Wouldn't do anything too drastic.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
If Danny gets a chance to move Rondo for the #1 pick plus multiple future picks, I think he would have to do it.  I don't think he'll be valued that highly, though.

This is the only chance Cs have to rebuilt the team. Trading Rondo is the best option, keeping in mind that KG and PP sooner or later will retire.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If Danny gets a chance to move Rondo for the #1 pick plus multiple future picks, I think he would have to do it.  I don't think he'll be valued that highly, though.

No, Rondo won't be valued that highly.  Very few players are.  CP3 probably even isn't.

But, even if we could, it would depened on how great the  potential of likely top prospect was.  This year, no way.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I say drop the bomb. As fun as it will be to watch this team fight for the 8th seed and battle Miami in the first round the future needs to take priority. I don't want this team to bottom out like the per Paul pierce years. We should have got mayo for ray, lets not make the same mistake. If Paul can go to a contented then send him ( maybe to spurs for Jackson splitter and 1st?). If kg can land us Bledsoe then ainge needs to do it. Then figure out rondo or Bledsoe in the offseason.

In the post-KG/Pierce world, how are we going to become a contender again without bottoming out?

A team built around guys like Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, O.J. Mayo, and Eric Bledsoe isn't going to contend.  Unless we acquire a superstar somewhere along the line, we're going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.  Normally, the best chance at a superstar is through the draft.
Begs the question:

Just how high a draft pick could Rajon Rondo get the Celtics in the coming draft? If reports by June sound good, could sending Rondo out for a top pick this year be worth a trade and is there a team out there stupid enough to do something like that?

TP

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd like to see us get another big.

Other than that, I am almost inclined to say keep the team as is.

You see how much better Green, Lee, Terry and Barbosa are playing.

Why mess up a good thing?

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 11:21:14 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interesting tidbit I heard on CSN SportsTonight this evening; according to Jackie Mac, her impression on Wyc's thoughts on trading Rondo are "over my dead body".

Not sure if that means anything or not, just found it interesting.  Generally speaking Jackie is one of the most "plugged in" in Boston sports.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
Minor moves involving role players.  Wouldn't do anything too drastic.

This move, does mean anything(does not have any sense) in order that team will look better.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:04 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Pierce and Collins to Denver:

for

Gallanari, Brewer, and Mozgov

or

Pierce to Indiana:

for

Granger and Tyler Hansbrough
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Pierce and Collins to Denver:

for

Gallanari, Brewer, and Mozgov

or

Pierce to Indiana:

for

Granger and Tyler Hansbrough

No to Granger. Those knees to me scream "Warning".

I don't like the Denver trade, but would want McGee (I can't believe I am saying this) rather than Mozgov, but wouldn't do either if I had my druthers.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
My opinion is to trade Rondo to get another big

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I hope danny does something. Whatever that something is. I hate being in the position we're in now tho. I feel like the atlanta hawks.

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I say drop the bomb. As fun as it will be to watch this team fight for the 8th seed and battle Miami in the first round the future needs to take priority. I don't want this team to bottom out like the per Paul pierce years. We should have got mayo for ray, lets not make the same mistake. If Paul can go to a contented then send him ( maybe to spurs for Jackson splitter and 1st?). If kg can land us Bledsoe then ainge needs to do it. Then figure out rondo or Bledsoe in the offseason.

In the post-KG/Pierce world, how are we going to become a contender again without bottoming out?

A team built around guys like Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, O.J. Mayo, and Eric Bledsoe isn't going to contend.  Unless we acquire a superstar somewhere along the line, we're going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time.  Normally, the best chance at a superstar is through the draft.

Exactly, to contend you need superstars, and right now we have NONE, with RR injured! That's why to start rebuilding NOW, and not a year or two years from now! KG and PP aren't getting younger or better than they are right now, so their value keeps dropping. You get the best potential young players and draft pics you can for them, and move on!
Danny can only work his magic with trade chips and draft picks, and with KG and PP value dropping after the trade deadline, and with only 1 draft pick this year, I just don't think you can wait!

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Probably, stay as we are. The C's are unlikely to get any trade offers that will be worth making, short or long term.

I'd love to pick up a rotation level center, though, but don't see how that would happen. Maybe somebody useful will be bought out...but I doubt (a) that will happen and (b) we could get him if it did happen.

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Bass for Ty Thomas could shore up our frontline.

Sign Fesenko or Eddy Curry if they are available FAs.

Trade to acquire Wilson Chandler, possibly for JT or Courtney plus picks. Use him as SG/SF.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:41:18 PM by greenhead85 »

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Begs the question:

Just how high a draft pick could Rajon Rondo get the Celtics in the coming draft? If reports by June sound good, could sending Rondo out for a top pick this year be worth a trade and is there a team out there stupid enough to do something like that?

I'd want a pick from the 2014 draft...That one is supposed to be stacked.