Author Topic: the FAB-ulously raw kid  (Read 3491 times)

the FAB-ulously raw kid
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1fjvYLe1eXo

We have some time to wait! But hopefully he can eventually be a Hibbert or... OLAJUWON! :D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: the FAB-ulously raw kid
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
just love watching e children grow up.

LOL.   :D

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Can anyone else remember a project , raw player amounting to anything in the NBA? I keep thinking maybe we should of drafted ezeli aka perk

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Can anyone else remember a project , raw player amounting to anything in the NBA? I keep thinking maybe we should of drafted ezeli aka perk

Perk himself?

DeAndre Jordan too.

Edit: of course, Perk was great in high school...but still raw by NBA standards
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:21:33 PM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:14:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
We can hope for a Hibbert imo! 4 years!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If he can turn into a Perk type player, I'd be ecstatic.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I will be ecstatic if Melo ever approaches the level of DeAndre Jordan, and believe me I am not a fan of Jordan's. Given what strengths Jordan has and put that up next to a developing Sullinger and that's pretty good, in 2-4 years.

I think Jordan a very limited player but he can rebound, he can block shots from the help side and he has always been a very good offensive garbageman, which, the C's could use. He would also make a good target for an alley oop with Rondo. If Melo ever reaches that level, that is a huge win for the C's. I hope Melo can do it.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I will be ecstatic if Melo ever approaches the level of DeAndre Jordan, and believe me I am not a fan of Jordan's. Given what strengths Jordan has and put that up next to a developing Sullinger and that's pretty good, in 2-4 years.

I think Jordan a very limited player but he can rebound, he can block shots from the help side and he has always been a very good offensive garbageman, which, the C's could use. He would also make a good target for an alley oop with Rondo. If Melo ever reaches that level, that is a huge win for the C's. I hope Melo can do it.

Never the AllStar that Hibbert was last year? Can we hope that much?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If you want to start hoping Melo becomes a Hibbert, by all means, go ahead. I'll start with hoping we get a Jordan and when we finally get there, hope we still see development until such time as Melo then develops into Roy Hibbert.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:18 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

If you want to start hoping Melo becomes a Hibbert, by all means, go ahead. I'll start with hoping we get a Jordan and when we finally get there, hope we still see development until such time as Melo then develops into Roy Hibbert.

Wouldn't the natural progression from DeAndre Jordan be Joakim Noah and not Roy Hibbert?

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:36:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Im just hoping he'd turn into a 10-12 rebounds, 2-3 blocks per game Center and a wall on the inside. Anything more than that would be cherry on top of the sundae. It'll take a couple of years, but the tools are there, he'll eventually get it.

I also hope that the Celtics pay attention to his good shooting stroke. It'll be great if he can hit those 15-18 foot jumpers consistently.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:08 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28

Wouldn't the natural progression from DeAndre Jordan be Joakim Noah and not Roy Hibbert?

I'd say he's going with last years hibbert. And physically speaking the melo-Jordan- hibber comparison makes more sense based by production based on athletism and some knowledge compared to mastering knowledge. Say pierce vs lebron or mj vs bird .
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 12:00:06 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

I'd say he's going with last years hibbert. And physically speaking the melo-Jordan- hibber comparison makes more sense based by production based on athletism and some knowledge compared to mastering knowledge. Say pierce vs lebron or mj vs bird .

What I meant was that Noah has been and is still an offensive garbageman. DeAndre Jordan seems to be a garbageman too.

I'm under the impression Roy Hibbert is a post scorer and can score when fed in the post.

I'd be happy if Melo ends up being a garbageman. Boards and defense and garbageman offense would be wonderful.

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Im just hoping he'd turn into a 10-12 rebounds, 2-3 blocks per game Center and a wall on the inside. Anything more than that would be cherry on top of the sundae. It'll take a couple of years, but the tools are there, he'll eventually get it.

You think so?

I don't think he has the tools to be a double digit rebounder.  He was a pretty mediocre rebounder in college, and hasn't been great (or even good) on the boards overall in the D-League, either.  Rebounding comes down to both instincts and technique, and Melo doesn't seem to have either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:38 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Didn't like the pick in the draft and still don't like it now... Pierce bodied him in the post offensively and defensively. Not an encouraging sight.