Author Topic: Video: Paul Pierce takes Fab Melo to school  (Read 6130 times)

Re: Video: Paul Pierce takes Fab Melo to school
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 03:49:41 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
even just messing around Paul makes it look so easy
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:13 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I have always heard PP was really strong for his size.

Well he's 6'7 ... I guess by nba standards that's normal but in reality yes he's very big and strong and uses his body well

Yeah, PP is tall and has a wide body. He uses it to its full capacity. PP is a Legend

Most talented versatile scorer ever IMO

EVER? O_o

Not the best, didn't say that

But deff the most talented and versatile. Scoring for him is easy. He has infinite amounts of spots on the floor that he can score. Can't say that for alot of players

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I love that people on here actually tried to take something serious from a 1 minute video of those two dudes messing around.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:21 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I love that people on here actually tried to take something serious from a 1 minute video of those two dudes messing around.
typical overreacting on Celtics Blog lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
There are some things one can get out of these "messing around" videos in practice. I remember seeing Perk in training camp in his second year playing Pierce one and one and I was surprised at how well he moved his feet and guarded the talented SF.

Pierce got his shot off at will, but Perk was on his shooting hand and in decent position most of the time. Perkins also showed more handle with the ball than I thought he had.  Very surprising. 

This Melo video tells me that he plays "too high."  He's got to lower his center of gravity a bit both on offense and defense.  I'm guessing he doesn't have enough core strength yet.   

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
typical overreacting on Celtics Blog lol

Ha yeah I can't tell if people are saying things tongue in cheek or if they are serious with their analysis.

If you read it as tongue in cheek they are pretty awesome posts.

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I can't resist joining the over-analysis.

Melo didn't look like he was playing very hard (not that he usually does).

He also appears to be drilling baby hooks to the right. Pierce knew where he was going and just took the opportunity to point out that he wasn't protecting the ball. There's a  guy at my gym who is much older and smarter than I am who does the same thing to me, even though I manage to be a pretty effective post player in our games.

Of course Pierce schooled him one-on-one. Melo has literally never stood in front of someone who can score as easily as many ways as Pierce. It wouldn't matter if he was ten feet tall.