Author Topic: Again.., Celtics will make no major trades  (Read 3137 times)

Again.., Celtics will make no major trades
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I posted this topic last week and I really feel that the Celtics will not trade Pierce, Garnett, or Rondo. I think only player they will try and trade is Brandon Bass. But i do like this time of year when u hear all kinds of rumors and ppl propose their own trades
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Again.., Celtics will make no major trades
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I posted this topic last week and I really feel that the Celtics will not trade Pierce, Garnett, or Rondo. I think only player they will try and trade is Brandon Bass. But i do like this time of year when u hear all kinds of rumors and ppl propose their own trades
Sure. Because why have one PF when you can have zero.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No trades is the best option going forward
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah I can see Terry or Lee moved, but not Bass.

Barring a complete blow up moving KG/Pierce. If that happens all bets are off as the C's could easily just be fielding d-leaguers if they need to once that happens.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ainge wants a all guard team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Ainge wants a all guard team
He signed a SF, two PFs, and three Cs in FA.

(Green, Bass, Wilcox, KG, Collins, Darko)

He also drafted a PF & a C

(Sullinger/Melo)

That's 8 of 15 roster spots on forwards and Cs this offseason alone.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm hoping we can use our first round pick to get a Center. This years draft is weak!

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
No trades is the best option going forward

Insuring we will neither win a title or start an overdue rebuilding.

Being a middle of the road team in the NBA is the worst place to be. Even if it means being awful for a season or two, I would prefer that to season after season of being the 6th to 8th seed yet never being a real contender. The way to improve is through the lottery.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I'm hoping we can use our first round pick to get a Center. This years draft is weak!

This years draft is not "weak". It has no real clear cut number one for sure. No one player that can turn around a franchise. However the draft is deep. Particularly at shooting guard and small forward. Which is an area need for us to be sure.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Centers are overrated, unless they're truly good. Only like Howard, Hibbert, Pekovic, Hickson (not really even), Gasol, Davis...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Bass for Reddick, KG for Bledsoe and Butler, waive Wilcox and Collins. All small ball, all the time.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Last summer Danny basically set up the team's contract structures to go forward for 2-3 years, so the idea that it will be easy to blow it upnow and rebuild is pretty shaky. Getting rid of KG and PP won't help much for next year's weak draft and they's still have too much talent even then to get high lottery picks the year after. After Pierce's contract expires in 2013-14, 5 contracts expire tjhe following year including RR, KG, BB, Jet and AB.  Besides, who says we can't contend next year?

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah I can see Terry or Lee moved, but not Bass.
Can't move those either, you're running out of guards.

It's pretty much big trade or no trade.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

Bass for Reddick, KG for Bledsoe and Butler, waive Wilcox and Collins. All small ball, all the time.

Yeah, why should we have one of the best defensive players of all time, when we can get a scrub and a backup pg for him? ^^
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG