Author Topic: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.  (Read 8243 times)

Re: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61

Do you realise that the no-trade clause has not magically expired since then...?

Did you read KG's comments...?

Match the two pieces together Sherlock. If that still leaves you believing the no-trade clause is not a huge obstacle to any KG trade (at least as long as Pierce hasn't been traded away) then I guess there's no point to keep talking about this with you

Are you informed about last talks between DA and KG? Seem to me you are Danny’s brother or personal legal adviser. Everything can happen. Let suppose KG will like to go to a big contender in order to get the 2nd ring? How about LAC offering him 20 mill/year and more competitive roster for winning championship??? Think over and over man.

No, I'm not Danny's brother.

Yes, if KG wanted to go to a contender and not insist on the no-trade clause, it opens up the possibility for a KG trade.

Ainge however cannot force KG into a trade, so you can distrust Danny all you want, it doesn't matter, KG is in the driver seat. So stop talking about Danny as the guy who's gonna trade away KG against everyone's will, when he doesn't have the power to do so.

And reading the quote from KG it doesn't seem like he wants a trade, hence I consider it unlikely that a KG deal happens.

And just so you know: The Clips can't offer KG 20mil/year... You may not trust their GM either, but they still aren't allowed to do it... Just like Ainge isn't allowed to trade KG without KG's blessing...

So what can I say... Think again maybe...? Or think before you post...?

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

The thing we don't know is what the actual terms of KG's contract are.  It is possible only this season is garaunteed.

This year and next year are fully guaranteed.  His contract in 2015 only has $6 million guaranteed.

Do you have a link with concrete evidence of this?  Generally, terms of contracts are not disclosed by NBA teams.  It usually takes a while for the exact details to come out through back-channels.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The thing we don't know is what the actual terms of KG's contract are.  It is possible only this season is garaunteed.

This year and next year are fully guaranteed.  His contract in 2015 only has $6 million guaranteed.

Do you have a link with concrete evidence of this?  Generally, terms of contracts are not disclosed by NBA teams.  It usually takes a while for the exact details to come out through back-channels.

Yeah, I meant concrete evidence.  Shamsports, hoopshype, hoopsworld, espn, etc...they are just reporting what has been told to them through back-channels.

Sure, they are generally right, but not always.  I've seen it happen many of times when these type of sites end up being wrong at first.

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yeah, I meant concrete evidence.  Shamsports, hoopshype, hoopsworld, espn, etc...they are just reporting what has been told to them through back-channels.

Sure, they are generally right, but not always.  I've seen it happen many of times when these type of sites end up being wrong at first.
What sort of "concrete evidence" do you expect then? A faximile of the contract?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
This is why Kevin Garnett is my favourite player :)

Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing love this guy! Awesome comments

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Honestly guys, we will, especially in this day and age, seldom see loyalty like this. Respect it, because I doubt the next franchise players we get will have this kind of loyalty.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

What sort of "concrete evidence" do you expect then? A faximile of the contract?

roflmbo
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Honestly guys, we will, especially in this day and age, seldom see loyalty like this. Respect it, because I doubt the next franchise players we get will have this kind of loyalty.

This loyalty talk is kind of sickening. I don't buy much into it. Just give me the talent to win. The players will stay as long as they are paid.

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

This loyalty talk is kind of sickening. I don't buy much into it. Just give me the talent to win. The players will stay as long as they are paid.

This loyalty talk is why many Celtics fans hate the Heat. If you don't see any value in loyalty, then perhaps you should shift your allegiance as a fan based on which team you think has the talent to win.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Love KG's loyalty. But...more to the point...don't see anybody giving us a fair return for him. It's not like KG fell off the cliff. He can still ball, and I don't think his contract is an albatross by any means. If we trade him (and its complicated by his no-trade clause), we'd need to get equal value in return. Cap space by itself isn't necessarily great...Ainge has talked about that plenty of times before. Bledsoe + Jordan might do it...but I'm not sure I wouldn't want KG over them. The only way Pierce/KG go is if we get pieces that make us better in the long-run, and I just don't see that happening. If there are offers that do that, then by all means, Ainge should make those moves. But...yeah, I don't see it happening, and I'll be more than happy to see these two retire in green.

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love KG..and Pierce...and Rajon.....etc, etc..

Danny - Don't do it...just hang up the phone and tell the buzzards to back off.

For me - I'd rather see this group go down swinging...just me.

And I feel that we are going to take some teams out with those swings, too.

I do understand Danny's job, though - he has perhaps the hardest job - keeping The Boston Celtics competitive.

But I just don't see us getting back anything truly worthwhile for either KG or Pierce....certainly NOT their worth.

As sad as I was to see our Celtics fade off into the sunset back in the late 80's and early 90's - I'm glad they were allowed to stay.

Trading KG or Pierce would be like taking the franchises' heart and giving it to another team.

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

This loyalty talk is why many Celtics fans hate the Heat. If you don't see any value in loyalty, then perhaps you should shift your allegiance as a fan based on which team you think has the talent to win.

What? Loyalty has nothing to do with why celtics fans hate the heat what are you talking about? I never said i didn't see any value in loyalty. I'm just saying these guys are getting paid VERY well.

Id be loyal to a team that gave me the most money as well. Lets cut into that contract a little and see how loyal they are then. All I'm saying is i think loyalty in MOST CASES is overrated. Loyalty is wonderful but it doesn't win championships. Give me a bunch of unloyal ****s that are talented enough to win a championship and id love it.

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

What? Loyalty has nothing to do with why celtics fans hate the heat what are you talking about? I never said i didn't see any value in loyalty. I'm just saying these guys are getting paid VERY well.

Id be loyal to a team that gave me the most money as well. Lets cut into that contract a little and see how loyal they are then. All I'm saying is i think loyalty in MOST CASES is overrated. Loyalty is wonderful but it doesn't win championships. Give me a bunch of unloyal ****s that are talented enough to win a championship and id love it.

If we're talking about KG, I don't think the Celts are the team that he could get the most money from. He didn't shop his services to the highest bidder because he wanted to stay with Boston.

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Nope.  Not surprised by the smartass comment from you either, though.

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2013, 07:55:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Nope.  Not surprised by the smartass comment from you either, though.

Smartass or not, I'm also curious about what you'd consider to be concrete evidence.