Author Topic: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.  (Read 8242 times)

Re: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Pretty neat quote

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."

Yea that has me worries a little bit...

What are u guys reading into that? That he views the team poorly? I think it could just as easily be the opposite especially when you are talking about a guy like KG

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
This is why KG's number will be hanging in the rafters, while Benedict Allen's will not.

I sense that if/when KG and Paul are gone, the intensity surrounding Ray's betrayal will subside a bit. I think at that point we'll view the last 5 years as an era; one that wouldn't have been the same without Ray.

That said, I hate what he did.   

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If KG were to waive his no-trade clause, I suspect he would have to be talked into it.  I doubt that occurs, but if it did, I think the process would have to occur during the off-season, not near the trade deadline.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love the quote from KG.  I don't think he's definitively saying he won't accept a trade, though.

Asked if he was open to a trade, Garnett said, "I won’t comment on things that haven’t happened."

Now, maybe KG has told Danny point blank "don't trade me, because I won't accept a deal".  However, from the quote above, it sounds like if the team tries to deal him, he'll at least listen to the possibilities.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 04:11:14 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

Do you realise that the no-trade clause has not magically expired since then...?

Did you read KG's comments...?

Match the two pieces together Sherlock. If that still leaves you believing the no-trade clause is not a huge obstacle to any KG trade (at least as long as Pierce hasn't been traded away) then I guess there's no point to keep talking about this with you

Are you informed about last talks between DA and KG? Seem to me you are Danny’s brother or personal legal adviser. Everything can happen. Let suppose KG will like to go to a big contender in order to get the 2nd ring? How about LAC offering him 20 mill/year and more competitive roster for winning championship??? Think over and over man.

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
If KG refused to waive his no-trade clause because he believed that keeping the team together would give the Celtics a legitimate shot at a championship next season, would you be mad if it blocked a trade on the table that you thought gave the team the pieces needed (such as a likely early lottery pick) to be a contender again in 2-3 seasons?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I love the quote from KG.  I don't think he's definitively saying he won't accept a trade, though.

Asked if he was open to a trade, Garnett said, "I won’t comment on things that haven’t happened."

Now, maybe KG has told Danny point blank "don't trade me, because I won't accept a deal".  However, from the quote above, it sounds like if the team tries to deal him, he'll at least listen to the possibilities.

yea that's how I heard it too.

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Of course KG's no-trade clause puts KG in the driver's seat with regard to any trade.  However, KG is likely a complex individual with multiple values and interests.  One of his interests is to remain a Celtic.  But I'd imagine he also values championships.  I would also guess that he values feeling wanted.   If Danny is willing to trade KG and presents the offer to him, KG will weigh competing inerests.  It would not surprise me if he were to opt to accept a trade to a conttender.  In fact (and nothing to back this up of course), I'd be a little surprised if he would nix a trade if to a legit contender.

It's possible.  As KG himself once said, anything is possible.

That said, everything I've read or heard KG say leads me to believe he'd probably just retire before accepting a trade.

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Are you informed about last talks between DA and KG? Seem to me you are Danny’s brother or personal legal adviser. Everything can happen. Let suppose KG will like to go to a big contender in order to get the 2nd ring? How about LAC offering him 20 mill/year and more competitive roster for winning championship??? Think over and over man.

Not everything can happen.  For example, salary cap rules prevent the Clippers from renegotiating KG's contract to 20 million/year.

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Probably just leaving himself an out in case he changes his mind.

Or he could just not want to be on record as saying anything definitive out of respect for Ainge.  If he came out and said, point blank, "I will not accept any trade", it could limit what Ainge can do in other trades, not just potential trades involving KG.

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."

Yea that has me worries a little bit...

What are u guys reading into that? That he views the team poorly? I think it could just as easily be the opposite especially when you are talking about a guy like KG
Saying something along the lines of "all of our guys are great players who are ready to step up, etc., etc." would be a fairly standard answer -- and something I would expect from KG given that he typically never shies from praising his teammates.

Garnett's answer leads me to think that Garnett and/or other players may have privately expressed concern with how the pieces that we have are fitting together. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but to me it signals some cracks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Maybe they stick it out this year and try again next year...

If that is the case then Rondo will have to adjust his game and learn how to play off the ball better.

Oh god, another year? Pierce and KG yet another year older? Every year we don't win a championship with them it gets more and more unlikely it will happen again. I told myself at the start of the year this was our absolute best chance to win one more if we're going to do it. We'll, that's not looking so great right now.

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

If he said he wouldn't accept a trade flat out whether he had discussed it with Danny or not would be pretty uncharacteristic of KG. He isn't a fan of the media and doesn't exactly feed the beast.

Saying I bleed green and ill die green is fairly definitive tho imo.