Author Topic: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.  (Read 8252 times)

KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
KG pragmatic about being traded.: "I bleed green, I’ll die green, that’s what it is. But it is a business."
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/298863873207967744

KG also doesn't believe anything will happen.: "If I were ya’ll I wouldn’t read too much into it."
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/298863389118197760

8)
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
and...how, exactly, do you trade guys like Pierce & KG who are still producing big time and bleed green?

Personally, I wouldn't if I was a GM. I might talk to them if they'd be interested in a trade and to where if they felt that spot was a place they wanted to go because they thought they couldn't contend here...

If they said, no I'd just keep them and try to give them as much ammo as possible.

With a young core of:

Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Green, Sully, Bass and Melo, probably a high draft pick or two over a couple down years and then the cap space available once KG and Pierce do retire - any good GM can rebuild that team fairly quickly.

I think if we can somehow fanagle a Dalembert level center by the trade deadline, this team could have as good a chance as anyone else in the east to get to the finals.   

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
this says it all...what else do celtic fans want...KG is the epitome of Celtic Pride...it boggles my mind that people even consider the idea of trading him...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Folks. KG does not like to go way. But ...DA is the guy who has the power of trades. At this point, I will be not surprised much if DA will trade KG and PP. Remember the same scenario happened in 2010 with Perk...I had a bad feeling that KG or PP will be traded. IF Danny thinks this way, we have to say a big NO!

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
this says it all...what else do celtic fans want...KG is the epitome of Celtic Pride...it boggles my mind that people even consider the idea of trading him...

It really boggles my mind what people would be willing to accept as a return for Garnett.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
He sure does make it difficult when he says something like that. 

KG has left an indelible mark on this franchise.  He personifies this era in Celtics history and he should get a Bird-worthy ovation whenever he retires or returns with another team.  In only 5+ years he has made himself a Celtic for life in the minds of most C's fans.

I would love for him and Pierce to stay, but only if there is reason to believe.  Not sure how Danny could turn this team into a contender without Rondo.  The loss of Sullinger just adds another hole to fill and the age of PP/KG just makes waiting another year seem futile. If we can't compete for a title with KG and Pierce, I think we should trade them if the right deal presents itself.   

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Maybe they stick it out this year and try again next year...

If that is the case then Rondo will have to adjust his game and learn how to play off the ball better.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
BRAVO

This is a level of professionalism that few nba players get.

The player and the organization from top to bottom benefit when a player takes control of the media narrative like this.

The players' union should hire KG to teach "how to deal with the media" 101 after he retires.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
KG pragmatic about being traded.: "I bleed green, I’ll die green, that’s what it is. But it is a business."
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/298863873207967744

KG also doesn't believe anything will happen.: "If I were ya’ll I wouldn’t read too much into it."
https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/298863389118197760

8)

If KG is traded I am going postal. I will trade rondo or PP anyday before KG.
Do not tell me we cannot get more basketball from KG even if he is coming off the bench. This guy does not wanna retire. KG can last longer at C than PP at SF. PP's legs look shot to me but not KG's.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Folks. KG does not like to go way. But ...DA is the guy who has the power of trades. At this point, I will be not surprised much if DA will trade KG and PP. Remember the same scenario happened in 2010 with Perk...I had a bad feeling that KG or PP will be traded. IF Danny thinks this way, we have to say a big NO!

You do realise that KG's no-trade clause means that KG has quite a bit of power when it comes to HIM being traded?

I just don't get why people are acting like that's no big deal and if Ainge wanted he can trade KG anytime he wants...

I would expect KG's no-trade clause and personal desire to play for this team to have more of an impact on Ainge than this blog's "big no"  ::)

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I know what you mean, but he also makes it easier in a way. Trade or no trade, he will be beloved by his fans and coveted by GMS and coaches. At age 36, he's maximizing his value in ways that Dwight Howard and Demarcus Cousins couldn't fathom.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."

That's the only part that makes me think that KG is even paying attention to the trade talks, as it sounds like he may not be on the same page as management...

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
DA is the guy who has the power of trades.

Not for KG he doesn't.  If KG tells him no, that's it. Ainge is not allowed to trade KG without his consent.

/End of discussion

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford

I know what you mean, but he also makes it easier in a way. Trade or no trade, he will be beloved by his fans and coveted by GMS and coaches. At age 36, he's maximizing his value in ways that Dwight Howard and Demarcus Cousins couldn't fathom.

How does this make it easier to trade him...?

If you're a GM looking to trade for KG, you now know, that he has a no-trade clause, wants to stay a Celtic and has no interest in playing for any other team.

So in order for you to land him you need Ainge to trade Pierce first and put the Celtics in full-rebuild mode, then make KG agree that it is in everybody's interest for him to be traded (after KG made it clear that it's not in his interest...) and then (if you have the right pieces for Ainge to agree to the deal) you may only get him for a rental for the rest of the season as he might retire after that or he may even want to retire the moment Pierce is gone and Ainge tries to trade him...

Given all this, why would any GM even waste his energy at this point...?