Author Topic: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.  (Read 8320 times)

Re: KG: I bleed green. I'll die green.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Folks. KG does not like to go way. But ...DA is the guy who has the power of trades. At this point, I will be not surprised much if DA will trade KG and PP. Remember the same scenario happened in 2010 with Perk...I had a bad feeling that KG or PP will be traded. IF Danny thinks this way, we have to say a big NO!

You do realise that KG's no-trade clause means that KG has quite a bit of power when it comes to HIM being traded?

I just don't get why people are acting like that's no big deal and if Ainge wanted he can trade KG anytime he wants...

I would expect KG's no-trade clause and personal desire to play for this team to have more of an impact on Ainge than this blog's "big no"  ::)

Hold on man. No trade clause does not mean anything if U do not know whta they(KG+DA) deside together.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Pure class.

This is a guy you want to have your back in any situation.

The team has certainly been surprising.  I am not going to claim that I thought they would be playing this well without Rondo thus far because I certainly didn't...even though deep down in my heart I want them to prove me wrong.  Hopefully this can keep up because it is certainly injecting some new life into a season that has been teeter-tottering.  Some consistency will certainly go a long way.

Regarding roster moves, I don't want KG or Pierce to go.  If Ainge makes any moves, I hope he has something up his sleeve that can keep them two here, while not hurting the future too much...Whatever that is, I don't know...  It is going to be a sad day when #5 and #34 are no longer Celtics (in terms of actually playing), whether it be via trade or retirement (hopefully it is the latter of the 2).

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I  LoVE. KG.........always be my favorite Celtic

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Folks. KG does not like to go way. But ...DA is the guy who has the power of trades. At this point, I will be not surprised much if DA will trade KG and PP. Remember the same scenario happened in 2010 with Perk...I had a bad feeling that KG or PP will be traded. IF Danny thinks this way, we have to say a big NO!

You do realise that KG's no-trade clause means that KG has quite a bit of power when it comes to HIM being traded?

I just don't get why people are acting like that's no big deal and if Ainge wanted he can trade KG anytime he wants...

I would expect KG's no-trade clause and personal desire to play for this team to have more of an impact on Ainge than this blog's "big no"  ::)

Hold on man. No trade clause does not mean anything if U do not know whta they(KG+DA) deside together.

That's the point... Either you can believe KG is lying in the quoted interview and he would gladly be traded and play some place else or you believe he has given his genuine opnion, in which case it will be very hard for Ainge to trade KG...

Personally I don't think KG was just giving lip service which means the only scenario in which he'll get traded is a full blow-up and I doubt this happens, cause I don't think the right pieces are out there for deals the Celtics could do.

So yes, unless you see KG as a liar, the no-trade clause means a lot.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm guessing you don't quite understand what a no-trade clause means.  Quite simply, it means if KG says no, that's it.  Nothing Danny can do if KG refuses.

Sure, maybe Danny can convince KG otherwise, but there is absolutely zero evidence anywhere to suggest KG has any intentions of waiving his no-trade clause.  There is plenty of evidence, on the other hand, to suggest KG will say no to any and every deal.

There is no "decide together".  This is KG's decision, and his alone.

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If KG wants to stay a Celtic, I got no problem with that.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."

Yea that has me worries a little bit...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I love what KG has done for the Celtics organization.
But I'd trade him in a heartbeat for the right deal.
These guys are in the entertainment business, not the nostalgia business.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
There's another part of the interview that's way more interesting:

Can this team – as constructed – can compete?

"My own personal views on this team, I won't share them," Garnett said. "Management usually makes those decisions on what they feel is best for the organization, and a lot of times the players are just parts, moving, and not decision-making. Danny talks to the key guys here about certain things, and that's cool. He has always given us informative information and been upfront with us. I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon."

Yea that has me worries a little bit...

You're kidding? Garnett isn't GM for a reason.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

I'm guessing you don't quite understand what a no-trade clause means.  Quite simply, it means if KG says no, that's it. 

I do not know what is to understand here. Maybe you do not understand my point. No trade clause is something discussed on July when KG signed the contract. Now we are 8 months after, and the things seem to be more different. Are you informed what have discussed recently together? That’s the point…

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 03:50:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm guessing you don't quite understand what a no-trade clause means.  Quite simply, it means if KG says no, that's it. 

I do not know what is to understand here. Maybe you do not understand my point. No trade clause is something discussed on July when KG signed the contract. Now we are 8 months after, and the things seem to be more different. Are you informed what have discussed recently together? That’s the point…

I understand your point fine.  You seem to think Danny and KG are possibly in discussion about the matter.

My point is, who cares.  Danny and KG can discuss whatever they want.  If KG still says no, then it's irrelevant.  KG has that right.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61

Do you realise that the no-trade clause has not magically expired since then...?

Did you read KG's comments...?

Match the two pieces together Sherlock. If that still leaves you believing the no-trade clause is not a huge obstacle to any KG trade (at least as long as Pierce hasn't been traded away) then I guess there's no point to keep talking about this with you

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

I understand your point fine.  You seem to think Danny and KG are possibly in discussion about the matter.

My point is, who cares.  Danny and KG can discuss whatever they want.  If KG still says no, then it's irrelevant.  KG has that right.

I do not trust Danny, almost every GM. So, there is nothing clear till now. Because Danny respects the no trade clause, he would say rapidity KG does not move. But Danny did not express something like this. Suspicious...

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
This is why KG's number will be hanging in the rafters, while Benedict Allen's will not.

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Of course KG's no-trade clause puts KG in the driver's seat with regard to any trade.  However, KG is likely a complex individual with multiple values and interests.  One of his interests is to remain a Celtic.  But I'd imagine he also values championships.  I would also guess that he values feeling wanted.   If Danny is willing to trade KG and presents the offer to him, KG will weigh competing inerests.  It would not surprise me if he were to opt to accept a trade to a conttender.  In fact (and nothing to back this up of course), I'd be a little surprised if he would nix a trade if to a legit contender.