Author Topic: Cousins gets tossed again  (Read 8061 times)

Re: Cousins gets tossed again
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 02:45:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I would still trade Rondo for Cousins and Evans.

And watch us transform into the 06 Celtics! Al Jefferson and telfair all over again

right?  sad that seemingly half our fanbase wants 06 all over again, are openly aksing Danny to tank...

Telfair isn't even close to Tyreke..

And that team didn't have veterans like the present Paul Pierce, KG, and Jason Terry.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sully/Melo/Collins.....

"Make 'em an offer they can't refuse"

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 04:41:27 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

And watch us transform into the 06 Celtics! Al Jefferson and telfair all over again

This is why alot of people want Cousins. Rondo and Cousin's attitude/tantrums are equal. Cousins is obviously the more talented one. Don't want to put the words in anyone's mouth. But people are thinking, if both players are hot-heads, why not get more talented one?

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

This is why alot of people want Cousins. Rondo and Cousin's attitude/tantrums are equal. Cousins is obviously the more talented one. Don't want to put the words in anyone's mouth. But people are thinking, if both players are hot-heads, why not get more talented one?

I think I disagree, item by item, with absolutely everything you just said.

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Ashylarry,

Were you talking about Rondo not staying on the floor and in games??:-)))))

Smitty77

P.S.  Certainly could apply to him as well!!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 05:00:58 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't think their attitudes/tantrums are equal at all.  I question Cousins' attitude & work ethic a lot more than Rondo's.  We have a pretty good read on Rondo & his track record.  I still think the jury is out on Cousins.  He's a much bigger question mark in my eyes.

I'm also not sure who has the higher ceiling.  I lean towards Cousins but its awfully tough given one is a guard while the other, a big.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I don't think their attitudes/tantrums are equal at all.  I question Cousins' attitude & work ethic a lot more than Rondo's.  We have a pretty good read on Rondo & his track record.  I still think the jury is out on Cousins.  He's a much bigger question mark in my eyes.

I'm also not sure who has the higher ceiling.  I lean towards Cousins but its awfully tough given one is a guard while the other, a big.

I'd say Rondo's ceiling is best PG in the league.  He can pass Chris Paul with dedication on defense, a commitment to keeping the ball moving and improvement at the line (the last of which I honestly feel would open a whole new world for him anyway). 

Cousins' ceiling, in my opinion, is that of the second-best center in the league.  Dwight Howard, assuming he gets healthy (I think he's still only at about 75%), is going to be the best for some time.  Cousins is already more skilled and is a better FT shooter than Howard will ever be, but he can't match the sheer physical dominance and huge defensive impact that a healthy Howard provides.

I don't really question Cousins' work ethic, but his attitude and maturity issues could keep him from ever becoming an All-Star (which, for his size and talent, should be a given).  He needs to start respecting somebody or he'll be a bust.

I think KG and Doc could get through to him a lot more than the Sacramento environment can, so I'd be willing to take the chance.  For Rondo?  No.  But for anything else, yes.

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Cousins is more combustible in my opinion. I wasn't saying do the trade because of Rondo's personality at all. I think Rondo would be more volatile on a different team without KG and Doc and even Paul.

As a result I think Cousins would be better served around them as well.

But Tyreke and Cousins are two potential All-Star caliber players on rookie deals for one All-Star player who just tore his ACL...

To me it's a risk, but when all is said and done I think it is worth taking. The talent coming back is, IMO, better then the talent going out.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I'd say Rondo's ceiling is best PG in the league.  He can pass Chris Paul with dedication on defense, a commitment to keeping the ball moving and improvement at the line (the last of which I honestly feel would open a whole new world for him anyway). 

Cousins' ceiling, in my opinion, is that of the second-best center in the league.  Dwight Howard, assuming he gets healthy (I think he's still only at about 75%), is going to be the best for some time.  Cousins is already more skilled and is a better FT shooter than Howard will ever be, but he can't match the sheer physical dominance and huge defensive impact that a healthy Howard provides.

I don't really question Cousins' work ethic, but his attitude and maturity issues could keep him from ever becoming an All-Star (which, for his size and talent, should be a given).  He needs to start respecting somebody or he'll be a bust.

I think KG and Doc could get through to him a lot more than the Sacramento environment can, so I'd be willing to take the chance.  For Rondo?  No.  But for anything else, yes.

I think most every GM takes second best center in the league over best PG in the league. You can find a solid PG anywhere but finding a great big is extremely difficult.

You're probably thinking, "would the Clippers do a DH for CP3 deal" the answer is probably no, that is b/c they already have Blake and Jordan... they have a good all around team, they needed the best PG . Now, if this is the draft and it was CP3 or Dwight then everyone takes DH.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think most every GM takes second best center in the league over best PG in the league. You can find a solid PG anywhere but finding a great big is extremely difficult.

You're probably thinking, "would the Clippers do a DH for CP3 deal" the answer is probably no, that is b/c they already have Blake and Jordan... they have a good all around team, they needed the best PG . Now, if this is the draft and it was CP3 or Dwight then everyone takes DH.

Oh, in a vaccum I'm taking the big every time.  I just think this particular situation isn't a cut & dry thing where take the big if you can. I have my reservations on Cousins.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:45 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQXPH75_kw

Keith Smart's look of despair

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Cousins is more combustible in my opinion. I wasn't saying do the trade because of Rondo's personality at all. I think Rondo would be more volatile on a different team without KG and Doc and even Paul.

As a result I think Cousins would be better served around them as well.

But Tyreke and Cousins are two potential All-Star caliber players on rookie deals for one All-Star player who just tore his ACL...

To me it's a risk, but when all is said and done I think it is worth taking. The talent coming back is, IMO, better then the talent going out.

I support this post .  well done.

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 03:09:33 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Ashylarry,

Were you talking about Rondo not staying on the floor and in games??:-)))))

Smitty77

P.S.  Certainly could apply to him as well!!!!

Haha this is true in a variety of ways. Rondo's a punk in his own sense, but Cousins is on a Sheed-esque level.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
For those who think Cousins would do better under the influence of a veteran team, how would you feel if the Celtics somehow acquired Cousins to pair with a fully recovered Rondo, but after Pierce and Garnett retire?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
For those who think Cousins would do better under the influence of a veteran team, how would you feel if the Celtics somehow acquired Cousins to pair with a fully recovered Rondo, but after Pierce and Garnett retire?

I'd still take him. Unless there were a better option, but I don't think Greg Monroe ( pf name drop) is walking through that door.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.