Author Topic: Cousins gets tossed again  (Read 8059 times)

Re: Cousins gets tossed again
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'm not even sure he is that talented. Once you dig down into his numbers a little but he looks much less attractive. I think we should stay the heck away from him..

Don't get too lost in the numbers that you ignore his skillset.  Cousins does things that no other center in this league can do.

I agree that he is talented but I think people really overglorify him. I mean 17 and 10 per game is good but he is shooting .446% for a center and averages 3 turnovers pergame. He takes 14 shots in 31 minutes... On the KINGS! I feel that any halfway decent player should be able to put up big numbers on the kings. I mean if Jeff Green was on the Kings he might be an MVP candidate this year.

He's 22 years old and being asked to be The Man. 

I think being on the Kings hurts his numbers more than it helps.  He has to force a ton of shots, leading to TO's and a low FG%, because a bad Cousins shot is a better option for that team than a decent shot from some of their other players.  He has to deal with double and sometimes triple-teams.

On a team like the Celtics, he wouldn't be asked to do this stuff.  The ppg wouldn't increase, but his efficiency numbers would jump way up.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 01:34:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This guy could easily end up going down as one the great wastes of talent in NBA history. 

Just too many red flags and those stories usually don't end well. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Gotta love when the rondo detractors drool over the punk that is demarcus cousins, Josh Smith etc

Pick a lane....these guys are everything you claim rondo is and worse...wouldn't surprise me if demarcus never played for a winner, yet so many dying to get him and be the 06 Celtics again

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:41:53 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
This guy could easily end up going down as one the great wastes of talent in NBA history. 

The NBA's Benoit Pouliat haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I was thinking Jamarcus Russell but Cousins has already illustrated much more at the professional level than Russell ever did.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Gotta love when the rondo detractors drool over the punk that is demarcus cousins, Josh Smith etc

Pick a lane
The so-called "Rondo detractors" are mostly concerned with (a) Rondo's ability to be the best player on a contending team, and (b) the talent that he could bring in a trade.

I thought everyone did this. But apparently some people's thought process on this is limited to "OMGITSRONDODUH".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:41:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I would still trade Rondo for Cousins and Evans.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I was thinking Jamarcus Russell but Cousins has already illustrated much more at the professional level than Russell ever did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKaNL0zGTdM

I was going for that haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Pick a lane
The so-called "Rondo detractors" are mostly concerned with (a) Rondo's ability to be the best player on a contending team, and (b) the talent that he could bring in a trade.

I thought everyone did this. But apparently some people's thought process on this is limited to "OMGITSRONDODUH".

As I said in my edited post..I think demarcus is a loser who will turn us into the kings or the 06 Celtics..I find it funny he's given a pass by the same Celtics fans that hate rondo yet have seen his competitive spirit and will in the playoffs... what good is demarcus or Josh Smith as your best player without rondo? They get you nowhere rondo couldn't

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

And watch us transform into the 06 Celtics! Al Jefferson and telfair all over again

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

And watch us transform into the 06 Celtics! Al Jefferson and telfair all over again

right?  sad that seemingly half our fanbase wants 06 all over again, are openly aksing Danny to tank... 

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Pick a lane

As I said in my edited post..I think demarcus is a loser who will turn us into the kings or the 06 Celtics..I find it funny he's given a pass by the same Celtics fans that hate rondo yet have seen his competitive spirit and will in the playoffs... what good is demarcus or Josh Smith as your best player without rondo? They get you nowhere rondo couldn't
Not sure what your point is -- I am not interested in building a team with Cousins or Smith as the best player, and don't see what this has to do with trading Rondo.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Pick a lane

Not sure what your point is -- I am not interested in building a team with Cousins or Smith as the best player, and don't see what this has to do with trading Rondo.

What other trades involving rondo were thrown out there before his injury this season? I'm noticing the biggest rondo detractors are also fans of getting cousins/Smith and giving cousins pathetic behavior excuse riddled passes while they're known for crushing rondo for being "immature" (both OSirusceltics and shaqattack want rondo traded..but both want cousins)

The irony is amusing to me..if you're telling me we could trade rajon for Russell Westbrook then I'm listening

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Pick a lane

What other trades involving rondo were thrown out there before his injury this season? I'm noticing the biggest rondo detractors are also fans of getting cousins/Smith and giving cousins pathetic behavior excuse riddled passes while they're known for crushing rondo for being "immature"

The irony is amusing to me..if you're telling me we could trade rajon for Russell Westbrook then I'm listening
Maybe you should notice better and generalize less. Though this will most certainly make you less amused.

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Pick a lane

What other trades involving rondo were thrown out there before his injury this season? I'm noticing the biggest rondo detractors are also fans of getting cousins/Smith and giving cousins pathetic behavior excuse riddled passes while they're known for crushing rondo for being "immature"

Maybe you should notice better and generalize less. Though this will most certainly make you less amused.
Wasn't speaking on your or everyone's behalf...just a few recognized posters defending cousins that I know are fans of trading rondo