Author Topic: Idea: Green and Bass for Okafor and Singleton  (Read 1520 times)

Idea: Green and Bass for Okafor and Singleton
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9qr2kd

What is the verdict?

Quite honestly,the Wizards are looking like a running team. Fast break and transition baskets should potentially be their identity, with Wall and Beal at the guard positions. Putting an athletic Jeff Green will help with their running game and provide another post up option other than Nene. Bass will space the floor; the Wizards  do NOT have a knock down spot up shooter. 

The hole that Okafor leaves will be replaced with a Seraphin and Booker; both of them are very good finishers. Obviously, their defense would get worse as Okafor is a great interior defender, but getting more minutes to prospects would be ideal for a rebuilding team. Bass will also be a contrast to Seraphin and Booker's close to the basket styles of play. It would be a great fit.

The Celtics' defense vastly improves with Okafor. Rebounding goes up as well; Okafor has been crashing the boards really well this season. This would be more of a win now move, but Okafor's contract expires in 2 years - just like Pierce/almost KG. I honestly don't want to see the 2 traded. I'd rather ride it out and see how it goes, just for those 2 years. Just until Pierce/KG retire.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:54:02 AM by Jeff »
I like Marcus Smart

Re: Green and Bass for Okafor and Singleton
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd rather have Green.  Also, the Wizards might like that they have a lot of salary coming off their books in 2014, just as extensions for Wall, probably Seraphin, and possibly Crawford kick in.  Adding over $15 mil to their 2014-2015 salary situation might not be desirable for them.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Rather have Green.

He is living up to his deal at the moment.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 12:52:03 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Huh. I'm rather surprised.

Take a look at Okafor's game log. - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3819/gamelog;_ylt=AhrWVXW_M5Qpiiw9B_LcOPj0PKB4

While Green is playing well, Okafor has been averaging 10.6 ppg and 13.3 rpg over the past 9 games. I'm estimating about 1 spg and 1 bpg during that stretch as well.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:36:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
My preference for Green is not only due to the fact that he is playing well, but he's pretty much the only option behind Pierce, who cannot play 40 minutes a game.  Also, in our PG-less system, players who can create for themselves are important,  something that Green is capable of but which Okafor cannot do.  Even tho I live in DC I don't watch much of the Wizards, but I would note that Okafor's resurgence correlates strongly with Wall's return from injury, and it would not surprise me if they were related.  Accordingly, Okafor might not be a good fit for a Rondoless team.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:37:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why would we want to make a deal in which we give up the 2 best players?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:51:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

While I'm on the record as preferring Green to Okafor, I'd trade bass for about anyone at this point.  And Okafor has probably played better the past three weeks than Bass has his at any point in his career.  He's still overpaid, but he's better than Bass.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

While I'm on the record as preferring Green to Okafor, I'd trade bass for about anyone at this point.  And Okafor has probably played better the past three weeks than Bass has his at any point in his career.  He's still overpaid, but he's better than Bass.
agreed.

Okafor is far better than Bass. 

a month ago I'd have pulled the trigger on this deal but with Green coming around and with Rondo/Sully out for the year, I'd pass on this one.