Author Topic: PHX/BOS Simple & Realistic  (Read 5863 times)

Re: PHX/BOS Simple & Realistic
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Either you are overselling Bass and Melo or underselling Gortat. This is not a fair deal for Phoenix. I like it for us, but this isn't going to work in real kife.

You got the simple part though.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Either you are overselling Bass and Melo or underselling Gortat. This is not a fair deal for Phoenix. I like it for us, but this isn't going to work in real kife.

Just because I wonder, what do you think Gortat is worth?  He isn't anything special and apparently Phoenix hasn't been thrilled with him according to reports?  Melo has the chance to become a very good defensive center for a lot of years and is cheap. 

Like everyone says on this board about us, Phoenix isn't winning a championship with Gortat.  In fact they aren't making the playoffs with Gortat.  They don't even have a puncher's chance. 

You think someone is giving them a pick that is going to be a lottery pick? 

I don't see Gortat's value anywhere near what most people on this board seem to think it is.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Just because I wonder, what do you think Gortat is worth?  He isn't anything special and apparently Phoenix hasn't been thrilled with him according to reports?  Melo has the chance to become a very good defensive center for a lot of years and is cheap. 

Like everyone says on this board about us, Phoenix isn't winning a championship with Gortat. In fact they aren't making the playoffs with Gortat.  They don't even have a puncher's chance. 

I don't see Gortat's value anywhere near what most people on this board seem to think it is.

They could get more for Gortat than Bass who's a PF, something that they don't need, add the fact he's not playing well and also tied up for 3 years. And don't get me wrong, I like and believe that Melo would improve but as of right now, he cannot contribute anything to that franchise.

Gortat is an 11 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blocks a game (i rounded it out). Teams can offer more than Bass and Melo for that kind of production. Sure Gortat wont win a championship with PHX, but he can help one team win one. Marcin can start for any team, they won't trade him for an under performing PF and an unknown rookie, even though potentially he can be good. Other teams can offer a much better package.

Heck, just to throw it in to tell you what value Gortat has, if I'm OKC, I'd offer Perkins and a 1st rounder (Raptors meaning top 15) for him and a 2nd. He's not a better post defender than Perk, but he's better at everything else, it'll improve OKC's championship caliber, and not a bad return for Phoenix. It's not a sure fire yes, but that's better than a Bass and Melo package already.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:28:30 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Best trade I've seen yet was proposed by another poster(sorry can't recall who)
Phx gets rondo, mello
Bo's gets drajic, gortat.
Drajic is rondo lite right now, could end up on par with rr.
Gortat is a young vet center who has shown he can play.
The trade addresses issues this year and down the road.
Drajic gives us a good distributor and jump shooter who averages more than a steal a game. ( I can't speak about other aspects of his D.)
Gortat gives us a rebounder, good passer and interior presence.
Also this trade allows us to shop bass and terry/ lee with our decimating our depth.
I'm in!

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Phx gets rondo, mello
Drajic gives us a good distributor and jump shooter who averages more than a steal a game. ( I can't speak about other aspects of his D.)
Also this trade allows us to shop bass and terry/ lee with our decimating our depth.
I'm in!
His name is "Dragic". It's pronounced like it's written, too.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 12:35:36 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Phx gets rondo, mello
I'm in!
His name is "Dragic". It's pronounced like it's written, too.

Thanks, any insight into his game or just his name?

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell

Like everyone says on this board about us, Phoenix isn't winning a championship with Gortat. In fact they aren't making the playoffs with Gortat.  They don't even have a puncher's chance. 

They could get more for Gortat than Bass who's a PF, something that they don't need, add the fact he's not playing well and also tied up for 3 years. And don't get me wrong, I like and believe that Melo would improve but as of right now, he cannot contribute anything to that franchise.

Gortat is an 11 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blocks a game (i rounded it out). Teams can offer more than Bass and Melo for that kind of production. Sure Gortat wont win a championship with PHX, but he can help one team win one. Marcin can start for any team, they won't trade him for an under performing PF and an unknown rookie, even though potentially he can be good. Other teams can offer a much better package.

Heck, just to throw it in to tell you what value Gortat has, if I'm OKC, I'd offer Perkins and a 1st rounder (Raptors meaning top 15) for him and a 2nd. He's not a better post defender than Perk, but he's better at everything else, it'll improve OKC's championship caliber, and not a bad return for Phoenix. It's not a sure fire yes, but that's better than a Bass and Melo package already.

Ok, I have something to go on now with Perkins and a 1st.  This is what you think is a better deal than Bass and Melo.  Maybe it is for the right team, maybe it isn't.  But Perkins doesn't fit the Phoenix style at all and a first round pick from Phoenix is going to be a very late round pick.  Are the Suns going to draft someone who is going to help them earlier than the potential of Fab Melo?  Say they pick 30th, you think they are pulling a C out of the draft that is coming in and playing big minutes for them next year?  In this draft, one of the worst in years according to reports I've heard?

Btw, Perkins costs an extra 1.7mil than Bass and has the same three year contract.  If they wanted a lumbering C I think they'd just be happy with Gortat who is an overall better C than Perkins.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Ok, I have something to go on now with Perkins and a 1st.  This is what you think is a better deal than Bass and Melo.  Maybe it is for the right team, maybe it isn't.  But Perkins doesn't fit the Phoenix style at all and a first round pick from Phoenix is going to be a very late round pick.  Are the Suns going to draft someone who is going to help them earlier than the potential of Fab Melo?  Say they pick 30th, you think they are pulling a C out of the draft that is coming in and playing big minutes for them next year?  In this draft, one of the worst in years according to reports I've heard?

Btw, Perkins costs an extra 1.7mil than Bass and has the same three year contract.  If they wanted a lumbering C I think they'd just be happy with Gortat who is an overall better C than Perkins.

The first rounder would come from the Raptors that they acquired from Houston from the Harden deal. And Perkins doesnt fit in a run and gun system? Isn't that what they do a lot in OKC already? He's not an offensive threat unlike Gortat, which is why OKC should compensate by giving the Raps first.

I understand that he costs more than Bass as well, but they have a plethora of power forwards (Scola, Frye, Morris, count Beasley in here too) so they wont need Bass. They won't know what to get from Melo. Perkins and a top 15 1st is a solid return for Gortat and a 2nd.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
Well if OKC is willing to give up a top 7 or 8 pick (which is where the standings would have that pick I'm not sure about all the protections that might be on it or even if it exists, I haven't looked it up) for Gortat, then they win him, hands down. 

I would say this though.  THERE IS NO WAY THEY WOULD GIVE UP A TOP 15 PICK FOR GORTAT! 

I assume you are a Celtics fan so let me ask you this.  If the Celtics had a possible lottery pick, would you give it up for Gortat?

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I would think Phoenix would love to unload Micheal Beasley with Gortat. Beasley is having a horrible season while backing up Jared Dudley. Talent wise, it should probably be the other way around. When going over the trade-checker, I found it surprising difficult to come up with a fair and equitable trade for both sides. I came up with Gortat, Channing Frye, and Micheal Beasley (incoming 19 million), for Rondo, Bass, Jason Terry, and Fab Melo (outgoing 23 million).... I assume Boston is trying to avoid the luxery tax bogey so they would try to trade with a team for cap space. If Micheal Beasley weren't such a yo-yo, this would be a decent consideration. 
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 03:46:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Well if OKC is willing to give up a top 7 or 8 pick (which is where the standings would have that pick I'm not sure about all the protections that might be on it or even if it exists, I haven't looked it up) for Gortat, then they win him, hands down. 

I would say this though.  THERE IS NO WAY THEY WOULD GIVE UP A TOP 15 PICK FOR GORTAT! 

I assume you are a Celtics fan so let me ask you this.  If the Celtics had a possible lottery pick, would you give it up for Gortat?

It's harder to compare us and OKC since they're a top2 contender and were only top8
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell

It's harder to compare us and OKC since they're a top2 contender and were only top8

If you were the GM of the Thunder, would you give up a possible lottery pick to acquire Gortat?  Keeping in mind you already have Perkins, Ibaka and Thebeet as defensive C and Collison and Ibaka as offensive ones.

Really that is pretty silly.  I like Gortat as much as the next guy, but nobody is trading a potential lotto pick for him, especially when you have capable stable of big guys who two of are probably better than Gortat.  The last thing Oklahoma needs is more offense unless it is an offensive rebounder.