Author Topic: trade idea: for fun, KG/Pierce for Josh Smith etc.  (Read 2850 times)

Re: trade idea: for fun, KG/Pierce for Josh Smith etc.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »

Offline traderondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
If we were to trade with Atlanta I'd like to see this trade.  Same login applies in terms of pairing Rodno w/ Josh Smith...except in Atlanta.   It essentially boils down to this...

Would you trade Rondo for Al Horford, and keep our current front court of Bradley and Lee?

Our starting lineup for upcoming years would be:

Bradley:  23
Courtney Lee: 27
Jeff Green:  26
Jared Sullinger: 20
Al Horford:  26

Here is the trade...

Boston Trades:  Rajon Rondo, Brandon Bass
Boston Receives:  Al Horford, Jameer Nelson

Accomplishes:  Compete this year and long term.  If we end up not needing Rondo or Bass, Might as well trade for a legitimate Center in Horford.  Jameer Nelson is just their to entice Orlando and make salaries work.  It is nearly impossible to replace KG and it appears we already have a replacement duo for Rondo (if this "new" Celtics style continues until the trade deadline).

Sartign linup of the future:  Bradley, Lee, Green, Sullinger, Horford

Atlanta Trades:  Al Horford, Jeff Teague
Receives:  Rajon Rondo, JJ Redick

Accomplishes:  Gives Atlanta a great shot at keeping Josh Smith and being competitive now (at least starting next year).  Zaza Pachulia can fill in more minutes for Horford. 

Orlando Trades:  Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick
Receives:  Jeff Teague, Brandon Bass

Accomplishes:  Ridding themselves of two older players with no plan of resigning, shedding salary, and getting a great young talent. 

Do you do this?

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Clippers:  Should (they win the title)
Hawks:     Should (get a pick too and then trade Teague)
Celtics:     Shouldn't   (Not terrible, but KG's looking too good.  So it has to be a knockout.)

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think a nucleus of Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jordan is a lower tier playoff team, without much hope of being more than that.  It's just too flawed in terms of spacing.

I don't want to move Pierce and KG, but I especially don't want to move them for flawed guys on big contracts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think a nucleus of Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jordan is a lower tier playoff team, without much hope of being more than that.  It's just too flawed in terms of spacing.

I don't want to move Pierce and KG, but I especially don't want to move them for flawed guys on big contracts.

Yeah, that team would not be able to score, and at least 2 members of that starting five couldn't be on the floor in crunch time.  You can't really build around that core.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain