Author Topic: Who says no to this trade blowup 3-way? Celts/Lakes/Clips  (Read 3641 times)

Re: Who says no to this trade blowup 3-way? Celts/Lakes/Clips
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxxw33q

Here's my counter to that trade.  All parties stand to benefit here.

Miami builds valuable depth, which is necessary in case of any injuries.

Cleveland gains experience and a proven winner, which their young team is lacking.

Utah clears their glut of big men and fills a position of need.

The only team that might turn it down is Boston, because of likely chemistry issues in losing 5 rotation players.

^^ LOL, I don't see Rondo in that trade, or bradley, KG or Pierce...

yep, I'll pull that trigger in a heartbeat and who wouldn't :)

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 07:45:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Cleveland gains experience and a proven winner, which their young team is lacking.

The only team that might turn it down is Boston, because of likely chemistry issues in losing 5 rotation players.
Way too much for Boston to give up. Can't trade Collins.  We need his size.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:28 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The Lakers say no.

For the Clippers it's not at all laughable.  Once again people underestimate
the impact on the game of basketball of one Kevin Garnett.

Billups, Bledsoe and Terry could get the job done with Griffin, Garnett and D. Jordan.

Chris Paul, most talented player in the deal, but in the game of basketball the superstars do take away a bit of light from the others, including backups.  How many minutes of Bledsoe with a healthy Chris Paul?  Not enough. He goes to waste (not Paul's fault). 

Bottom line:  42 minutes of Bledsoe and 38 minutes of Garnett better than 42 minutes of Chris Paul and no Garnett.

Clippers lose the deal on talent and improve their title hopes.

(pick up Rondo to boot)

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

+ 13? That's it????

Hollinger is a joke.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thats turrible.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

+ 13? That's it????

Hollinger is a joke.

Its because Collins is in the deal and out of town. We would be a +68 if he stays in Boston...P

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 08:18:37 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Despite what has been reported, the Los Angeles Clippers are not in trade conversations with the Boston Celtics to pursue Kevin Garnett, according to NBA officials.

The Clippers haven't had any trade discussions with the Celtics on a deal that would send Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler to Boston for Garnett.

The Clippers are not likely to even consider trading Bledsoe until they see whether Chris Paul signs a contract extension this upcoming offseason.

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
You are probably the same guys who laughed at me when I said we would get Garnett way before anybody else thought of KG! If it can be looked up look it up! I said we could get KG for Jefferson, G. Green, Gomes, & Rondo. What happened? It happened & I laughed softly no need for even throwing a I told you so out there. Now I not saying this will happen, but KG,D-12 & CP-3 have all been traded for poop platters in their primes before so anything is possible.

You are the biggest troll I've ever met.  You're account was created on 7/13/2008 and the celtics acquired KG on 7/31/2008.  And here are some of your quotes though from when you became a member, since you asked us to look:

I would only do this deal if we could also trade Garnett for Yao Ming...

Garnett & Allen for McGrady & Yao would be interesting to say the least & extend our window by 4 years at least. Danny would do that I believe but Houston say delete our numbers from your phone danny! This friendship is over. lol

I dont know about you guys, but I would Trade Ray Allen & Rondo for Al Jefferson anyday of the week. Heck I would even throw in Perk if they gave us Brewer in return. Then I would definitely turn up the Stephon debate because he would have to be my starter then. But Allen & Rondo for Al by himself is a no-brainer!

2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You are probably the same guys who laughed at me when I said we would get Garnett way before anybody else thought of KG! If it can be looked up look it up! I said we could get KG for Jefferson, G. Green, Gomes, & Rondo. What happened? It happened & I laughed softly no need for even throwing a I told you so out there. Now I not saying this will happen, but KG,D-12 & CP-3 have all been traded for poop platters in their primes before so anything is possible.

You are the biggest troll I've ever met.  You're account was created on 7/13/2008 and the celtics acquired KG on 7/31/2008.  And here are some of your quotes though from when you became a member, since you asked us to look:

I would only do this deal if we could also trade Garnett for Yao Ming...

Garnett & Allen for McGrady & Yao would be interesting to say the least & extend our window by 4 years at least. Danny would do that I believe but Houston say delete our numbers from your phone danny! This friendship is over. lol

I dont know about you guys, but I would Trade Ray Allen & Rondo for Al Jefferson anyday of the week. Heck I would even throw in Perk if they gave us Brewer in return. Then I would definitely turn up the Stephon debate because he would have to be my starter then. But Allen & Rondo for Al by himself is a no-brainer!

He's a troll? really?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:16 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
The Lakers say no.

For the Clippers it's not at all laughable.  Once again people underestimate
the impact on the game of basketball of one Kevin Garnett.

Billups, Bledsoe and Terry could get the job done with Griffin, Garnett and D. Jordan.

Chris Paul, most talented player in the deal, but in the game of basketball the superstars do take away a bit of light from the others, including backups.  How many minutes of Bledsoe with a healthy Chris Paul?  Not enough. He goes to waste (not Paul's fault). 

Bottom line:  42 minutes of Bledsoe and 38 minutes of Garnett better than 42 minutes of Chris Paul and no Garnett.

Clippers lose the deal on talent and improve their title hopes.

(pick up Rondo to boot)

Thanks for actually answering the question & reading the idea without giving a snobbish remark! Celticsblog is becoming less & less enjoyable everyday due to the constant flow jerks who don't know how to reply without saying something nice or not at all. Great website when people answer knowledgeable rather than untolerable.

And no i'm not a troll my former name before KG_ended was Man_of_thrill, I switched my name because of KG coming thought it would be cooler Mr. Know it all! Anything else unknowledgeable you wanna add Celtic Concourse?

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Heck why you're at it why don't we just trade Bass and Lee + filler and get Lebron also.  That has just as much chance happening as your trade does...

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I am now dumber after reading this thread.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip