Author Topic: Who says no to this trade blowup 3-way? Celts/Lakes/Clips  (Read 3635 times)

Who says no to this trade blowup 3-way? Celts/Lakes/Clips
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:42:51 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a62qeuj

Boston will be thin at PF until Sullinger gets back & maybe we have a few dollars to throw at a good SF in the offseason if we can somehow unload Bass in the near future in a seperate deal. A Sullinger assuming he comes back 100% & D-12 instantly becomes the best rebounding & physically intimidating frontcourt in the game. I this this lineup is a lineup that can challenge for title soon with a tweak or 2.

Likely Lineup 2013 playoffs!
PG: Chris Paul/ Avery Bradley
SG: Avery Bradley/ Courtney Lee
SF: Ron"PEACE"Artest/ Devin Ebanks
PF: Brandon Bass/ Chris Wilcox/ K-Mart or DL'er
C : Dwight Howard/ Fab Melo

Dream Lineup 2013-2014!
PG: CP-3/Bradley/ Cheap FA
SG: Bradley/ Lee/ Cheap FA
SF: "Peace" Artest/ drafted SF or Bi-anny SF
PF: Dwight Howard/ Sullinger/ hopefully not BASS
C : Greg Oden(mid-level)/D-12/Melo

LakersI think this trade helps them tremendously being they get a true all-around extra playmaker in Pierce to take up for Kobe new role as a secondary ball distributor. They acquire a new stretch 4 in Green essential in running D'Antoni's offense, they get Odom back  & he a good fit for up-tempo ball & a great back-up PF & spare minutes at 3 with Earl Clark blossoming. Gasol goes back to True Post-up 5 where he belongs & maybe LA ask for a 1st rounder or Melo to acquire a future prospect center. But Sacre & Jordan Hill should be just fine. And Barbosa in D'Antoni's offense is self explanatory a perfect fit behind Nash & Kobe, the deer they need who can put points up in a hurry! Nash,Kobe,Pierce,Gasol would be a legitimate nightmare for the league in late game situations FT shooting & late game clutchness big shot makers that you wouldn't have to worry about like with Howard being non existent with less than 5 mins. Making it worthwhile for LA! All in all a great package for Howard if you may lose him for nothing.

Lakers
PG: Nash/Barbosa/Blake
SG: Kobe/Barbosa/Meeks
SF: Pierce/Clark/Jamison/Green
PF: J.Green/Odom/Clark/Jamison
C : Gasol/Hill/Sacre

Clippers get a trusted defensive big in Garnett & become even more deeper & veteran battle tested. Losing CP-3 may not hurt as bad in the present as some might imagine. You cover up all holes in the lineup by getting KG & Terry along with keeping Bledsoe while taking your weak link in W.Green out of the starting 5. And when Billups come back I think the Clips would have a Juggernaut. Think of this team now & in the next 2 years.

Clips
PG: Bledsoe/Billups or vice versa/ G.Hill/ *Rondo
SG: Terry/Crawford or vice versa/ W.Green
SF: Butler/G.Hill/Barnes
PF: Griffin/Garnett/Thompkins/
C : Garnett/D.Jordan/Turiaf

* Wildcard in Rondo for the future without having to worry about losing CP3 in the offseason for nothing!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:50:48 PM by KG_ended_Bias »

Re: Who says no to this trade blowup 3-way? Celts/Lakes/Clips
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The answer to your question is that the Lakers and the Clippers both say no.

The Clippers say no because trading Paul will take them out of contention this year.

The Lakers say no because they want to sign Howard long term, and if they can't do that they want to have max money free for another star. The Green and Pierce contracts destroy both of those possibilities.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

The answer to your question is that the Lakers and the Clippers both say no.

The Clippers say no because trading Paul will take them out of contention this year.

The Lakers say no because they want to sign Howard long term, and if they can't do that they want to have max money free for another star. The Green and Pierce contracts destroy both of those possibilities.

Kobe wants to win now! Pierce most likely is the best option to help him do that. Plus they do get a expiring in Odom which doesn't do a whole lot but Nash,Kobe,Pierce,Green,Gasol going forward after 2013 with a couple of tweaks is worth it to Kobe I bet.

The Clips I believe would be a better team right now with just getting Billups back with Garnett & Terry. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I say no.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Any trade that results in Metta World Peace in a Celtics uniform gets axed by Celtics Fans.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 05:19:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd say no but my mouth is full of vomit from reading that   :P

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
There's no way the Clippers trade Chris Paul for Rondo.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
So NO one thinks the possibility of CP3 & D-12 going for for 5 yrs & beyond trumps KG & Pierce for 2 tops? I understand Metta is not idea but u only have to deal with him for 1 year. My gosh Celtics fans sickeningly "new word" over value you Celtics players. We would HAVE to do that if it was available. Ainge should fire himself if he turned that down & Doc would choke him.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
So NO one thinks the possibility of CP3 & D-12 going for for 5 yrs & beyond trumps KG & Pierce for 2 tops? I understand Metta is not idea but u only have to deal with him for 1 year. My gosh Celtics fans sickeningly "new word" over value you Celtics players. We would HAVE to do that if it was available. Ainge should fire himself if he turned that down & Doc would choke him.

It would except for the fact that Howard would never sign here. And there's no way Chris Paul for Rondo happens, the Clippers laugh at that offer.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 05:37:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I give this post three Jordan gifs.

LOL... Boston getting the best big man and best point guard alive... two of the top 5 players in the league... for a busted overrated point guard and guys with one foot in retirement.  Nice one!

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I stopped reading when I saw we got Howard and Paul lol

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 05:43:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I give this post three Jordan gifs.

LOL... Boston getting the best big man and best point guard alive... two of the top 5 players in the league... for a busted overrated point guard and guys with one foot in retirement.  Nice one!
Three Jordan gifs isn't enough.  It also deserves a double Hodgson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw32fiasUSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqKcnYWCAJc

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
You are probably the same guys who laughed at me when I said we would get Garnett way before anybody else thought of KG! If it can be looked up look it up! I said we could get KG for Jefferson, G. Green, Gomes, & Rondo. What happened? It happened & I laughed softly no need for even throwing a I told you so out there. Now I not saying this will happen, but KG,D-12 & CP-3 have all been traded for poop platters in their primes before so anything is possible.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I laughed my backside off. Thank you, good sir.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxxw33q

Here's my counter to that trade.  All parties stand to benefit here.

Miami builds valuable depth, which is necessary in case of any injuries.

Cleveland gains experience and a proven winner, which their young team is lacking.

Utah clears their glut of big men and fills a position of need.

The only team that might turn it down is Boston, because of likely chemistry issues in losing 5 rotation players.