Author Topic: rebounder : Wanted  (Read 1485 times)

rebounder : Wanted
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sullinger loss will be a bigger deal than losing Rondo. We have 4 capable guards that can do the job. But Outside of KG , without sully , we are seriously hurting on the inside. With the magic we only had to worry about Vucevic, and sac bigs are just too immature to do anything. But against the clippers it will be hard to contain both Jordan and Griffin. Especially you can't ask KG to do it himself. Its not so much we need someone who has to shut down these guys, but just make sure that defensive rebounds are not given up, some offensive rebounds are had and just be a consistent presence on the inside. There is no way i feel comfortable for either Melo, Collins, Wilcox, Bass to do that on a consistent basis. And worse case what if KG goes down bc of a minor injury or has the flu? We might has well not come to play

I started another thread for lets trade Bass for Hayes. Because to me, Hayes makes a ton of sense. Sure he is undersized and paid a million or two more than he should, but the guy would be a perfect replacement to sully, bc he is just like another Sully. Tough as nails on the inside, good defender even to help out on the weakside, can pass and score a little. But best thing is, he will fight dwight howard and still come up with rebounds more than you think he could. And imo guys like Mozgov don't make sense. He is not known to be a great rebounder or tough on the inside, foot speed is not best , and overall would be like a collins in terms of how much he could help us out.

Without giving up alot, its not going to be easy to get a premier inside presence. But if we look hard enough , we will be able to get a leon powe type guy, who is undersized, has no business getting rebounds , but in the end of the day gets the job done. Someone else mentioned Dorsey as a cheaper and comparable player to Hayes, but he is in Turkey now. And there is nobody we could get from the NBDL for free that could get the job. We prob picked the best in Varnado and he failed quickly

What are our options?? (for now, bass, 2nd round pick, and 1st rounds possible to use for trade bait)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:48:16 PM by triboy16f »

Re: rebounder + good defender : Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
What about Amir Johnson who is a FA after the end of the next year. What would it take to grab him?? It will be tough or we would have to overpay bc he is a fan favorite in Toronto. Would be a more than good pickup though. Fits the bill perfectly

Re: rebounder : Wanted
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »

fitzhickey

Either Johnson or Hayes would be very handy on this team

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sullinger loss will be a bigger deal than losing Rondo. We have 4 capable guards that can do the job

I 'd rather have Rondo.  So you would rather have just 6 RPG and 6 PPG than 13.7 PPG, 5.6 RBG and 11 APG?  With logic like that you should run for Congress, my friend, trust me you will fit in perfectly.  Maybe even give you a budgetary seat?

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Amir Johnson is signed through 2015.  Also, it would be difficult for the Celtics to match salary.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
close tonight but still won. Ainge i'm sure will make a move to get a rebounder to help kg. The #1 issue tonight was we gave up like 5 unnecessary offensive rebounds. Bass tried tonight but just is not a gifted/natural rebounds like Sully.

We got a 2nd and 1st round pick to get somebody.

What about offering a 1st to GS for Ezeli and a 2nd? GS might do it bc Bogut is back now.

Or what about Speights for a 1st?

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Toronto has two guys that could be a last resort, cheap but useful centers in Aaron Gray or Haddadi

would only take a 2nd round pick for either

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Sullinger loss will be a bigger deal than losing Rondo. We have 4 capable guards that can do the job

I 'd rather have Rondo.  So you would rather have just 6 RPG and 6 PPG than 13.7 PPG, 5.6 RBG and 11 APG?  With logic like that you should run for Congress, my friend, trust me you will fit in perfectly.  Maybe even give you a budgetary seat?

right, from rondo sneaking in/falling back to gather them, many off to the side. put rondo up against a big guy down low and see how many boards he gets then. That is probably the point the OP is making.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

right, from rondo sneaking in/falling back to gather them, many off to the side. put rondo up against a big guy down low and see how many boards he gets then. That is probably the point the OP is making.

I've seen Rondo challenge players like Dwight Howard for rebounds in the playoffs and come away with the ball. He gets plenty of rebounds in traffic.