Author Topic: I change my mind. We are still a threat in the playoffs.  (Read 11985 times)

Re: I change my mind. We are still a threat in the playoffs.
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
C's are playing better , but we have played Sac, Orlando and Clippers without cp3, let's not get carried away.

I will always root for the c's to win, but just don't see the c's beating a healthy bulls team or Miami.

apart from the fact we already beat Miami...?

yes they beat them at home in the middle of January. They can probably take 2 against Miami in a 7 game series where Miami has home court .

Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
C's are playing better , but we have played Sac, Orlando and Clippers without cp3, let's not get carried away.

I will always root for the c's to win, but just don't see the c's beating a healthy bulls team or Miami.

All of our wins don't count, since it's the regular season

All of our losses are signs that we should blow it up, since if we can't beat the teams we lost to, we're never gonna beat the Heat, not even gonna win a single game cuz they're a-mazing!

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

Bingo!! I was going to post the same thing
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

someone conveniently skipped the Heat from that list...

Not to mention that the Kings wupped us earlier this year when we had Rondo, and the Clippers with Bledsoe instead of CP3 are still a very good team.

What are you guys going to say when we beat the lakers on thursday? Who do we have to beat to actually look good?

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This team, our guards in particular, look like they were just let out of prison since Rondo went down. None of them are going to say it, but it's pretty obvious they are playing much more free and to their strengths without Rondo.

Terry finally looks like the Jason Terry I thought we were getting when we signed him. That's because he's allowed to create and be himself instead of trying to be Ray Allen. Lee gets to shoot the ball and take it to the hole now as well, same for Jeff Green. This makes everyone run and move the ball much better.

Bass is playing more free because he knows Sullinger is not going to take his spot this year.

Rondo is a great player, but no one likes to get ordered around by a guy who is always angry and pouting, even at his teammates, coaches, and the refs, and then he dominates the ball on offense and starts the play with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

We have a deep team this year, and the depth is coming in handy now.

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Not to mention that the Kings wupped us earlier this year when we had Rondo, and the Clippers with Bledsoe instead of CP3 are still a very good team.

What are you guys going to say when we beat the lakers on thursday? Who do we have to beat to actually look good?

Haven't the lakers been bad, though? Not that I'm not with you because I love this roster.

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
This team, our guards in particular, look like they were just let out of prison since Rondo went down. None of them are going to say it, but it's pretty obvious they are playing much more free and to their strengths without Rondo.

Terry finally looks like the Jason Terry I thought we were getting when we signed him. That's because he's allowed to create and be himself instead of trying to be Ray Allen. Lee gets to shoot the ball and take it to the hole now as well, same for Jeff Green. This makes everyone run and move the ball much better.

Bass is playing more free because he knows Sullinger is not going to take his spot this year.

Rondo is a great player, but no one likes to get ordered around by a guy who is always angry and pouting, even at his teammates, coaches, and the refs, and then he dominates the ball on offense and starts the play with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

We have a deep team this year, and the depth is coming in handy now.

Exactly this - TP.

When he went down and the blow it up threads posted, I figured our path to 18 just became clear: trade Rondo for #18 by swapping him for a super-big, or even a Rondo for Gortat+Dragic deal.  I think we could dominate by playing every piece of our deep, talented roster in his best role.

I mean, a read/react tor motion-ype of offense should work with a group with this level of talent:  Two HOFers, two recent 6POYrs, Green (who started on a WCF team at PF and averaged 15ppg), spot-shooters like Bass and Lee, and a big slasher like Wilcox.  We probably SHOULD be better if we let the ball flow through a group like that, rather than be kept in the hands of one player.

Even if that one player is the best passer.

The whole is greater than even the best.  It's why Russell beat Chamberlain.

And we can have addition by subtraction by trading Rondo for a big like Gortat plus Dragic for insurance.

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Just quickly looking at past Finals MVPs...

Lebron, Dirk, Kobe, Kobe, Pierce, Parker, Wade, Duncan, Billups, Duncan, Shaq, Shaq, Shaq, Duncan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Hakeem, Hakeem, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan.

I believe you need stars.

Parker and Billups are sub-stars, one level below a star. And Pierce is that at this stage of his career

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

yes they beat them at home in the middle of January. They can probably take 2 against Miami in a 7 game series where Miami has home court .

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

A decent team (or two) in the playoffs.

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2013, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

Lebron, Dirk, Kobe, Kobe, Pierce, Parker, Wade, Duncan, Billups, Duncan, Shaq, Shaq, Shaq, Duncan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Hakeem, Hakeem, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan.

Parker and Billups are sub-stars, one level below a star. And Pierce is that at this stage of his career

But Pierce had some otherworldly games during that title run.  The 40+ point showdown with Lebron that year was certainly the best he has ever been, IMO.

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

You do know if we play the Clippers in the finals, with or without CP3, Garnett won't be coming out of the game every five minutes for Jason Collins and Pierce won't sit the first half of the 4th quarter while our 19pt lead gets whittled away to single digits.

We have been playing the entire season with about half of a Garnett and Pierce.

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

But Pierce had some otherworldly games during that title run.  The 40+ point showdown with Lebron that year was certainly the best he has ever been, IMO.

Yeah totally agree, Pierce was a bonafide superstar in 2008... But now, he's  sub-star, and stats good enough to win a title

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Yeah totally agree, Pierce was a bonafide superstar in 2008... But now, he's  sub-star, and stats good enough to win a title

I think Pierce is still a star, one level below a super-star. KG is still a star too, and RR was on the borderline of superstar. Terry is no longer a sub-star.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

I think Pierce is still a star, one level below a super-star. KG is still a star too, and RR was on the borderline of superstar. Terry is no longer a sub-star.

And if we can trade our injured borderline-superstar PG for a star C, we're set this year, IMO.