Author Topic: Clippers have inquired about KG  (Read 26443 times)

Re: Clippers have inquired about KG
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't want Butler.  Average 32-year-old SF's aren't what I think of as good assets going forward. 

A realistic "blow it up" trade will often require taking back a player like Butler as trade ballast.  In theory, he could have trade value as an expiring contract next season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Would not mind Bledsoe. Just not sure you want Odom. Love the URI connection; but would rather have Billups. Unfortunately they need Billups to back up Paul. Odom would not have much trade value other than the expiring.

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Would not mind Bledsoe. Just not sure you want Odom. Love the URI connection; but would rather have Billups. Unfortunately they need Billups to back up Paul. Odom would not have much trade value other than the expiring.

Definitely no Odom. (We can squeeze them for a lot more.)

Mr. Kardashian is back home in LA. He loved Houston, huh? Imagine how he would react coming from where he wants to be, on a contender, to a team being gutted. Guess it would help us get a better draft pick. He'd make Rowe and Wicks look like gamers.

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
O"Dumb" is O"Done"
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I bet the Clips would be happy to dump Jordan on us in place of Butler for KG.  He is averaging $11M over the next 2.5 seasons.  That is too much for 9 pts and 8 rebs.  We can get that from Sullinger.  I admit that I don't see the Clippers play all that much but I don't get the feeling that Jordan is a stopper of any sort either.

Bottom line, I just don't see a match; not with Bulter or Jordan with Bledsoe or anyone else.  Nice to see the interest though.  Maybe it will start a bidding war for KG.

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:07 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I bet the Clips would be happy to dump Jordan on us in place of Butler for KG.  He is averaging $11M over the next 2.5 seasons.  That is too much for 9 pts and 8 rebs.  We can get that from Sullinger.  I admit that I don't see the Clippers play all that much but I don't get the feeling that Jordan is a stopper of any sort either.

Bottom line, I just don't see a match; not with Bulter or Jordan with Bledsoe or anyone else.  Nice to see the interest though.  Maybe it will start a bidding war for KG.

Bledsoe and Jordan is a very good package for KG. Not sure why you think they'll be happy to dump Jordan. You mentioned his stats, but remember that he's only playing 24 mpg. Plus, he's only 24.  As much as I love KG, if that's what they're offering, I would begrudgingly pull the trigger.

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Bledsoe and Jordan is a very good package for KG. Not sure why you think they'll be happy to dump Jordan. You mentioned his stats, but remember that he's only playing 24 mpg. Plus, he's only 24.  As much as I love KG, if that's what they're offering, I would begrudgingly pull the trigger.

What am I missing with Jordan.  I see he is young but 5 years in the league and big but there is no real production?  Does he suddenly blossom in year 6 or 7?

I only mention Jordan because I feel that would be the only realistic deal for KG.  No way Butler and Bledsoe gets it done (at least I sure hope not).

On paper,two young players would be great for KG but if one on them is locked in at $11M and is only doing 9 and 8, I can't see it.

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If we trade KG for Bledsoe and Butler we are starting Collins and Bass in the front court.  That has lottery written all over it.

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

What am I missing with Jordan.  I see he is young but 5 years in the league and big but there is no real production?  Does he suddenly blossom in year 6 or 7?

I only mention Jordan because I feel that would be the only realistic deal for KG.  No way Butler and Bledsoe gets it done (at least I sure hope not).

On paper,two young players would be great for KG but if one on them is locked in at $11M and is only doing 9 and 8, I can't see it.

The age is the big thing as it relates to bigs. Bigs take much longer to develop than smaller players and he continues to improve. This year his post game is much improved, but I don't think they posted him once today.

Per 36 minutes, which is what I would like him to play, he's averaging 13.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.1 blocks, and 60% from the field. By comparison, per 36 minutes, KG is averaging 17.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.2 bpg, and 50% from the field. One is 36, the other is 24 and rising. Plus Eric Bledsoe? The deal becomes a no brainer.

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
If we trade KG for Bledsoe and Butler we are starting Collins and Bass in the front court.  That has lottery written all over it.
u are sooooo right
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If your gonna move Garnett you mine as well do this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

Pierce probably only would want to go back to LA to play. He gets to move with KG and together make one last finals run. In return we get Bledsoe and Jordan, Butler to come off the bench for two years at half of Pierce's salary, an Odom's expiring.

In the summer we use Bledsoe, Bradley, Terry's contract and maybe Bass as trade bait along with our other assets to try and nab a big number one fish in the power forward department. Smith? Milsap? Jefferson?

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/FA
Green/Butler
Jefferson/Sully
Jordan/Melo

A decent attempt at a future and some cap room?

I dont do it, I hate it actually. but if Ainge pulls the trigger I could see this making sense.

Great minds think alike. I think we could throw in Bass or Terry for Billups swap, and clear another 5/6 million in cap.

Out with the old, in with the new. It's gotta happen now, if the team wants to gain any kind of assets in the process. I suppose we could sit and wait for KG and Pierce contracts to expire. Maybe they both retire at the end of the year? But even if that's the case, wouldn't they rather go out playing in the finals with LAC, over getting spanked by the Heat as an 8-seed?

Yes sir. TP for just beating me to the punch.

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2013, 09:19:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Pierce probably only would want to go back to LA to play. He gets to move with KG and together make one last finals run. In return we get Bledsoe and Jordan, Butler to come off the bench for two years at half of Pierce's salary, an Odom's expiring.

In the summer we use Bledsoe, Bradley, Terry's contract and maybe Bass as trade bait along with our other assets to try and nab a big number one fish in the power forward department. Smith? Milsap? Jefferson?

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/FA
Green/Butler
Jefferson/Sully
Jordan/Melo

I dont do it, I hate it actually. but if Ainge pulls the trigger I could see this making sense.

Great minds think alike. I think we could throw in Bass or Terry for Billups swap, and clear another 5/6 million in cap.

Out with the old, in with the new. It's gotta happen now, if the team wants to gain any kind of assets in the process. I suppose we could sit and wait for KG and Pierce contracts to expire. Maybe they both retire at the end of the year? But even if that's the case, wouldn't they rather go out playing in the finals with LAC, over getting spanked by the Heat as an 8-seed?

I still don't think Clippers want to move Bledsoe until they're sure Paul will resign. Also, I think they're still contenders (and probably their GM thinks the same) so they would want to give it a go. They've got a 5% chance, and might as well keep this team intact.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Jordan is in the Chandler mode.  His job is to protect the rim, rebound, and score around the hoop.  Those guys don't come cheap.  He's 20% overpaid, but that's not unusual for bigs in the NBA.

If the Clips offer DJ and Bledsoe for KG, and Garnett is on board enough to waive his no trade, it's a no brainer.  Boston gets a center to play  next to Sullinger for the future, and a very valuable PG who could either be a Rondo replacement, or a Microwave type 6th man.

Unless Ainge sees the Celtics being able to get past the Heat in the playoffs, he should rebuild now.  This is a good trade for a rebuilding team, and for the Clips, it gives them a better chance to win the title the next couple of years. The Clippers are going to struggle mightily in half court sets in the playoffs unless they can get a big who can shoot.   

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2013, 10:56:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/FA
Green/Butler
Jefferson/Sully
Jordan/Melo

I still don't think Clippers want to move Bledsoe until they're sure Paul will resign. Also, I think they're still contenders (and probably their GM thinks the same) so they would want to give it a go. They've got a 5% chance, and might as well keep this team intact.
They would move him if they thought it would make them a true favorite, which KG does depending on what else is involved (they aren't gutting their bench or depth).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I would take Bledsoe & Jordan!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15