Author Topic: Clippers have inquired about KG  (Read 26441 times)

Re: Clippers have inquired about KG
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Heart says no brain says yet. Danny is paid to used his brain. If kg is for it then pull the trigger. Start bledsoe for the rest of the year. Then this offseason make the call Bledsoe or rondo as the future pg. then trade accordingly.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Bledsoe would almost certainly mean Rondo gets moved for best offer.  But Bulter creates even more traffic at the 3 spot where you already don't have enough minutes for Pierce and Green.  I just don't see this deal going through, unless the C's also plan to move Pierce (or Green).

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I don't want Butler.  Average 32-year-old SF's aren't what I think of as good assets going forward. 

I would ask for Jordan and Bledsoe or I wouldn't do it.  Neither are building blocks, but both are positive assets that you could trade for something bigger in a four-quarters-for-a-dollar kind of deal.  That's how we're going to get elite players in Boston, because we don't pick early enough in the draft to take one there and we've seen time and time again that Boston isn't an attractive destination for elite free agents.  Stockpiling assets for future blockbuster deals is the way to go.

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I proposed a trade a couple days ago where we send BOTH KG and Pierce to the Clips. I think Pierce would love to play in his hometown LA, especially for a chance at another championship. KG would be more likely to waive his no-trade clause if he follows Pierce to what would be the #1 contender in the West.

Boston Trades:

Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnet
Jason Terry
Chris Wilcox

LAC Trades:

DeAndre Jordan
Caron Butler
Lamar Odom
Eric Bledsoe
Chauncey Billups

Pretty obvious why both teams would do this. Boston instantly starts the rebuild with some great assets in Jordan/Bledsoe. Butler/Green is formidable at SF. Boston also saves about 14 million on their cap for next season with Odom/Billups expirings plus the $$$ difference in the deal. This allows for the team to be a legit player in FA to go after a solid PF.

The Clippers are trading a lot of players, but it is essentially a 4 for 4 swap b/c Billups being in the deal.

KG >>> Jordan
Pierce >>> Butler

Terry can fill in for much of Bledsoes production in their rotation. Wilcox can play backup minutes.

LAC has the starting lineup of:

CP3
Terry or Crawford
PP
Griffin
KG

might as well hand them a ring......it would be a hard deal for them to turn down, IMO.

Next year, the Celtics look like this before FA:

Rondo/Bledsoe
Bradley/Lee
Green or Butler
Sullinger/Bass
Jordan/Melo

There are a ton of solid players who won't command huge salaries to fill around this young, talented core. This trade would also likely cause us to net a pick somewhere in the 9-13 range as well.

We would be set at PG minutes between Rondo/Bledsoe/Bradley

SG is pretty solid with Bradley/Lee.....could maybe grab a bigger SG in FA like Martell Webster, or a shooter like Kyle Korver

SF is pretty set between Jeff Green and Butler

PF is solid with Sully/Bass although I think this is where the C's could look to add depth with a scoring big-man. Al Jefferson anyone? Keep in mind, there should be around 15-million in cap space to use on the roster, thanks to the trade.

Center looks good with Jordan/Melo, and signing Big-Al would shore up the bigs rotation.

FA's besides Al Jefferson (who won't make as much as he is currently) that come to mind for this type of rotation would be:

Josh Smith (likely out of price range, although maybe he takes a discount to play with Rondo....doubt it though)

Larry Sanders  (Great rebounder/defender)

Elton Brand (depth big who can still get some buckets)

Chase Buddinger (solid scorer/shooter) to rotate between SG/SF

Martell Webster (scores in bunches, good bench player)

Kyle Korver (great shooting off the bench who can spot start)

Tyreke Evans.....down season, so maybe we can get him at a lower rate. Listed at 6'6 (likely 6'5/6'4), but can play both PG/SG, and even a little SF if we were to run a small lineup for stretches of a game.

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:48 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
So what?  Every good team should do this and Ainge should listen to any offer.  That's how things are done this time of year.  Why is this a headline?  Wow Deveney really foes out on a limb here. 

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If your gonna move Garnett you mine as well do this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

Pierce probably only would want to go back to LA to play. He gets to move with KG and together make one last finals run. In return we get Bledsoe and Jordan, Butler to come off the bench for two years at half of Pierce's salary, an Odom's expiring.

In the summer we use Bledsoe, Bradley, Terry's contract and maybe Bass as trade bait along with our other assets to try and nab a big number one fish in the power forward department. Smith? Milsap? Jefferson?

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/FA
Green/Butler
Jefferson/Sully
Jordan/Melo

A decent attempt at a future and some cap room?

I dont do it, I hate it actually. but if Ainge pulls the trigger I could see this making sense.

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
If your gonna move Garnett you mine as well do this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

Pierce probably only would want to go back to LA to play. He gets to move with KG and together make one last finals run. In return we get Bledsoe and Jordan, Butler to come off the bench for two years at half of Pierce's salary, an Odom's expiring.

In the summer we use Bledsoe, Bradley, Terry's contract and maybe Bass as trade bait along with our other assets to try and nab a big number one fish in the power forward department. Smith? Milsap? Jefferson?

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/FA
Green/Butler
Jefferson/Sully
Jordan/Melo

A decent attempt at a future and some cap room?

I dont do it, I hate it actually. but if Ainge pulls the trigger I could see this making sense.

Great minds think alike. I think we could throw in Bass or Terry for Billups swap, and clear another 5/6 million in cap.

Out with the old, in with the new. It's gotta happen now, if the team wants to gain any kind of assets in the process. I suppose we could sit and wait for KG and Pierce contracts to expire. Maybe they both retire at the end of the year? But even if that's the case, wouldn't they rather go out playing in the finals with LAC, over getting spanked by the Heat as an 8-seed?

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Why would we trade Rondo when his value is at an all time low?

If anything you would let Bledsoe start the rest of the year and see if he is going to be a star while raising his trade value for the offseason

I would do

Bos sends: KG ,Bass +Terry
LAC sends: Jordan, Odom(expiring) and Bledsoe

PG: Bledsoe  / Barbosa
SG: Bradley  / Lee
SF: PP       / Green
PF: Odom     / Wilcox
 C: Jordan   /Collins

You shed a bunch of long term salary in a trade like this, while picking up young assets in Bledsoe and Jordan.

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
Bledsoe/Butler/Jordan are all very good players, but don't necessarily put LAC over the top like bringing in KG/PP/Terry who are all vets with championship experience. The eight man rotation of KG/Griffin/PP/Terry/CP3/Crawford/Barnes/Turiaf is tough for them to pass up.

CP3 is also in a contract year. What better way to keep him, than getting him pieces to absolutely send them to the finals, and likely win it?

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Like Bledsoe till Rondo is 100%
DeAndre Jordan and Butler would also help a little with the transition. Need Billups to make the numbers work; but also would like to see him in green again before he retires.

Have to say if you are going to trade the Captain you would have to do it for something like this where he would be back home and would have one more shot at a title.

With Pierce and KG Clips could make a real run for a title. Without them I don't think they can even make it to the finals.

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
Bledsoe looking pretty good right now.

Bledsoe is an excellent player, but what would we do with him? He's a FA at the end of this season. Either we pay him and trade Rondo or we would rent him for the rest of this season at the cost of KG, which basically means our season would be completely done because we are the worst team in the league when KG sits.

Bledsoe is under contract next season. Not sure how everyone came to the conclusion that hes an expiring, but hes not.

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Bledsoe is an excellent player, but what would we do with him? He's a FA at the end of this season. Either we pay him and trade Rondo or we would rent him for the rest of this season at the cost of KG, which basically means our season would be completely done because we are the worst team in the league when KG sits.

Bledsoe is under contract next season. Not sure how everyone came to the conclusion that hes an expiring, but hes not.
ESPN trade machine had him as an expiring until a day or so ago.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

yea, the trade machine screwed me up I guess

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85

TP, thanks for clearing it up for me. Wasn't blaming anyone, just confused as how he was thought of as an expiring around the site. Fun fact; Bledsoe was taken one pick before Bradley!

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

TP, thanks for clearing it up for me. Wasn't blaming anyone, just confused as how he was thought of as an expiring around the site. Fun fact; Bledsoe was taken one pick before Bradley!

Him and Bradley would make an impressive backcourt duo