Author Topic: Clippers have inquired about KG  (Read 26653 times)

Re: Clippers have inquired about KG
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Bledsoe and Jordan for KG is fair, Danny should only accept that. We can't trade KG without getting a big man, so butler doesn't make sense!
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
how many guards do the celtics need??

At that point it's about prospects and assets. Acquire a few more and try to flip them for established talented players like in 2008. I guess a lot of that depends on Rondo's recovery because he would be the Pierce in the equation.

And also would depend on KG's plans after this year.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Just to make sure I'm clear on this, I thought the package was for Butler and Bledsoe, not Jordan and Bledsoe. Not sure where all this Jordan talk is coming from. Someone clue me in if I missed something. That said Butler is an underrated offensive player who going into next year will be on a "pay for play" expiring deal and Bledsoe is an excellent backup pg with an great defensive pedigree. Would love to see him and Bradley in the backcourt. He pretty much killed us today I know that. I'm not saying I'm ready to move KG but that's a haul I could definitely live with.

Not sure where anyone else's Jordan talk came from, but mine came from the perspective of counter offering something that would be much more appealing to the C's.  In the interest of negotiation, ask for something that gauge's the level of desire the Clips have for KG.

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think it's up to KG. If he wants to move on, Bledsoe looks like a solid return

Yeah, this is my thinking on this.

If it is pretty clear that KG is going to retire, after one more shot at a ring, then he arguably has a better shot at the ring in LA, so he might want to go. And I'd prefer that we get some asset back for KG, rather than have him retire over the summer and we get nothing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The jury is still out on how good Bledsoe will be but we don't need both he and Rondo.  And Jordan doesn't do anything for me.  Even if he could shoot free throws, he still has no offensive skill.  Someone like Birdman comes close to Jordan's production at a fraction of the cost and contract length.

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
The jury is still out on how good Bledsoe will be but we don't need both he and Rondo.  And Jordan doesn't do anything for me.  Even if he could shoot free throws, he still has no offensive skill.  Someone like Birdman comes close to Jordan's production at a fraction of the cost and contract length.

You may be correct in terms of present-day production (maybe), but the future value of Jordan FAR exceeds Birdman. 

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Let's see how bad Clips want to win this year and give  CP3 incentive to stay.

I'd do Bledsoe (23), Jordan (24), Tompkins (22) and their #1 for KG and Collins. We get youth and lots of upside.

Tough to compete on the same level this year. Great assets for the future.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:37:00 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think Bledsoe would be a very good Rondo replacement. I'd trade an injured Rondo for Bledsoe, Butler and a pick...*they* wouldn't. OTOH, I wouldn't trade KG for that if I were the C's...*they*, very likely would. So, I think it'll be a no deal.

Here's the thing, Danny has got to decide to go one way or the other. He doesn't have the luxury of playing it down the middle now that Rondo and Sully are done for the year.

If the C's can get a big man who can give what Sullinger was giving without giving up anybody important, and Danny thinks the guards can "hold down the fort", then I say, keep everyone and go for it! Even if he can get somebody that could give the C's what a healthy Wilcox would I'd go for it. As an aside, I hate Odom, but would fit in the C's rotation nicely.

If it turns out that he can't get that big man and/or doesn't think the guards he has will do, then he might as well start the rebuild now. However, that doesn't mean trade what assets the C's have in mediocre trades. If Danny is trading assets, he is going to want (1) high lottery picks, (2) young players with breakout potential and (3) large expiring contracts. As it turns out, teams with (1) wouldn't trade for our assets and would you send KG/Pierce to Chr, Wash, Cle, Orl, or NO anyway? Teams with (2) won't give them up in fair deals for our guys...Bledsoe and Butler for KG, please! I doubt he "blows it up" at the trade deadline. Rather I suspect what we'll see is a slow-motion explosion that starts next summer and continues through 2014.

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Let's see how bad Clips want to win this year and give  CP3 incentive to stay.

I'd do Bledsoe (23), Jordan (24), Tompkins (22) and their #1 for KG and Collins. We get youth and lots of upside.

Tough to compete on the same level this year. Great assets for the future.

As much as I love KG I'd do that trade instantly... not sure if the Clips would though

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
If we do the Bledsoe, Butler or Odom, 1st for Garnett, that says we are clearly going into rebuilding, so we would likely then move Pierce.  I was thinking of deals that would make sense for Pierce and came up with these

Pierce for Landry, Tyler, Biedrins or Jefferson

Pierce for Jackson, Blair, and Green or Jackson, Leonard, and Bonner

I think the C's should also consider moving Rondo as well.  I think this trade would work for both teams

Rondo for Williams, Jenkins, Morrow, 2013 Rockets 1st, 2014 Atlanta 1st

That would be a total rebuild, giving Boston 3 firsts this year, 2 firsts next year, and a bunch of young players signed to various lengths. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2013, 04:48:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just to make sure I'm clear on this, I thought the package was for Butler and Bledsoe, not Jordan and Bledsoe. Not sure where all this Jordan talk is coming from. Someone clue me in if I missed something. That said Butler is an underrated offensive player who going into next year will be on a "pay for play" expiring deal and Bledsoe is an excellent backup pg with an great defensive pedigree. Would love to see him and Bradley in the backcourt. He pretty much killed us today I know that. I'm not saying I'm ready to move KG but that's a haul I could definitely live with.

Not sure where anyone else's Jordan talk came from, but mine came from the perspective of counter offering something that would be much more appealing to the C's.  In the interest of negotiation, ask for something that gauge's the level of desire the Clips have for KG.
I threw it out there early in the thread as an example of who the Clips could offer and still not make an appealing deal.   

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Bledsoe and Butler, really? That offer is just comical.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
Why are the clippers after KG instead of Pierce? They already have Griffin and Jordan, along with Odom. They need a SF much more imo.

It seems like Denver and the clips should be looking at pierce as the final piece to a potential championship puzzle; however, I can't think of any real contender that wouldn't be a much better team if they had KG.

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
If a deal for KG actually gets some real traction, I think CP3 could convince KG to wave his no trade clause. CP3 seems to extremely gifted at persuading players to come play with him on the clips with the hopes of a championship

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
KG with the Clippers are a top 3 team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin