Author Topic: “By the trade deadline date, we will have a full roster one way or another.”  (Read 6316 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
    “We have two open roster spots, which we will use when it’s all said and done,” said Ainge. “So three weeks from now, we will have 13 contracts. But we’re not in a rush yet. We have trade possibilities, and we’ll be keeping an eye on the free agents that might be able to help us.

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
2 Big Man Mid-Season Trade

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
It looks like if you have 3 injured players, you can have MORE roster availability.  Anyone know how the Celtics could use that to their advantage?  Would there be any salary cap exceptions for signing someone like Oden?

I don't know what the rule is, but seems like we have two spots to fill, and then even more if we sign injured Oden because that would get us to 3 injured players...
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
It looks like if you have 3 injured players, you can have MORE roster availability.  Anyone know how the Celtics could use that to their advantage?  Would there be any salary cap exceptions for signing someone like Oden?

I don't know what the rule is, but seems like we have two spots to fill, and then even more if we sign injured Oden because that would get us to 3 injured players...

ainge says he just talked to oden, media just make the issue bigger,
and i can see a free agent signing + minor trade for a big man, because all big man in free agents are above 38 years old and are collins type, stand up guy

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
Well, then forget Oden as an example, but how many roster spots could we fill if we had another season ending injury?

Anyone know that rule?

Would it make sense to pick up NBAdl prospects?
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Well, then forget Oden as an example, but how many roster spots could we fill if we had another season ending injury?

Anyone know that rule?

Would it make sense to pick up NBAdl prospects?

even rondo and sully is out
they are still counted in our rooster line-ups

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
    “We have two open roster spots, which we will use when it’s all said and done,” said Ainge. “So three weeks from now, we will have 13 contracts. But we’re not in a rush yet. We have trade possibilities, and we’ll be keeping an eye on the free agents that might be able to help us.
And your point is?

That's not anything particularly new. We've done it every year. There's no particular value to having open spots late in the season, and we've traditionally filled these up with NBDL call-up.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
And your point is?

That's not anything particularly new. We've done it every year. There's no particular value to having open spots late in the season, and we've traditionally filled these up with NBDL call-up.

i think minor trade is coming, because we already called-up for varnando but doc did not even used him

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Honestly, I think the only players we add to our roster are free agents. During this current run of success everyone has contributed and everyone has been needed.

Do you deal a Jason Terry to solve your big man problem, then create a hole at the guard spot?

This team is clearly on the doorstep of rebuilding, do we trade away first round picks to get a piece this year?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

well, we needed one big man before sully got hurt now we need two. maybe we can dump collins in the process?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Honestly, I think the only players we add to our roster are free agents. During this current run of success everyone has contributed and everyone has been needed.

Do you deal a Jason Terry to solve your big man problem, then create a hole at the guard spot?

This team is clearly on the doorstep of rebuilding, do we trade away first round picks to get a piece this year?

no.. brandon bass...

example since some teams want wilson chandler, maybe it could work out, 3 team deal.. involving there 2 big man

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
If the idea is to compete this year, I really don't see anyone expendable in our roster to make a worthwhile trade, unless the trade brings back a replacement for the traded player's role.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think this quote ended up coming out a bit different than how Danny meant it.  I think he meant to say that they would fill out the roster after the trade deadline, and will finish the season with a full roster.  I don't think he meant to say that they would have 15 before the deadline passes.  More likely, they will have less than 15 when the deadline passes, and then sign free agents after that, once they are sure that the rest of their roster is going forward.

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Unless we trade Bass for someone like Gray maybe in Toronto I don't see us making a trade.  We could make a PF move for a true C on a team that wants to be more athletic maybe but that is about it.

Now that we are getting the ball out to the wings more and running, maybe Chris Wright should get a shot.  He has dramatically improved his free throw shooting lately and gets a lot of rebounds although the game I watched recently he seemed very passive and didn't particularly play with much energy.

The guy can fill a wing and throw it down though.

I also have to think there will be several buyouts with trades being so hard to pull off.  If a team can get under the luxury tax by buying a guy out who isn't playing you'd have to think they will give that a shot.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And your point is?

i think minor trade is coming, because we already called-up for varnando but doc did not even used him
No-one said we will have a full roster with players that we're going to use. Also, we're not in a position to do any minor trades.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."