Author Topic: Can we please, once and for all  (Read 3515 times)

Re: Can we please, once and for all
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 09:56:43 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
we just beat the heat like it was nothing. We can hang with the best, so we have to go for it. throwing away our best players for a draft pick in the worst draft ever is pretty illogical.

Beat the heat like it was nothing?
hmmm yeah in double overtime playing harder then they have all year...like nothing!

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
we just beat the heat like it was nothing. We can hang with the best, so we have to go for it. throwing away our best players for a draft pick in the worst draft ever is pretty illogical.
And to throw in--also AT HOME, with Sully chipping in 7pts,4rbs,3stls, and 2 assists, and PP and KG both playing over 45 minutes!

hmmm yeah in double overtime playing harder then they have all year...like nothing!

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I've been pancaking a lot the past few days as to whether we should blow it up or not.

I want to blow it up because I love KG and Pierce, and I don't want to see them on a non-contender their last couple years.  Plus, blowing it up now jump-starts the rebuilding process and gives us young, cheap talent that hopefully develops.  Can't forget the excitement of lottery picks either.

I want to keep it together because I love KG and Pierce.  I just love watching them play in the Green and I know they won't go down without a fight if we make it to the playoffs.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to go through a couple playoff-less seasons if we rebuild, so I'd like to see this team go down swinging.

The one thing that comforts me is that Danny is one of the few GMs who's willing to go big or go home.  Let's hope he makes the right decision.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
And to throw in--also AT HOME, with Sully chipping in 7pts,4rbs,3stls, and 2 assists, and PP and KG both playing over 45 minutes!

well technically, we could've beat the Heat in regulation, however it was 2 bad team defense at the end that gave them the opportunity to send it into overtime...

we totally left Ray Allen open and Terry was late to recover...and then the offensive rebound and no pick and roll defense that totally let Lebron hit the open 3...if I remember correctly, Pierce was in the paint somehow and nobody was on James...

if maybe, MAYBE we were playing defense on that last play, Lebron probably wouldn't have hit that 3

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55

well technically, we could've beat the Heat in regulation, however it was 2 bad team defense at the end that gave them the opportunity to send it into overtime...

we totally left Ray Allen open and Terry was late to recover...and then the offensive rebound and no pick and roll defense that totally let Lebron hit the open 3...if I remember correctly, Pierce was in the paint somehow and nobody was on James...

if maybe, MAYBE we were playing defense on that last play, Lebron probably wouldn't have hit that 3

We were also struggling to beat a team ON OUR HOME COURT, which doesn't give much hope for winning on their court!

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Blow this team up, and have a major FIRE SALE!???

Was away for the last day and a half, and just found out about Sully!  Seriously??? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, we now have 11 healthy(technically anyways) bodies, 3 of which(Melo, Collins, and Wilcox) are virtually worthless, leaving 8, and two of those can't play more than 30 minutes! Please, optimism is one thing---being just plain freakin' delusional is another!
Danny needs to let every GM no they can have whomever they want for a pick and an expiring!  Whatever it takes not to win another game this season, and maybe get a top 3/5 pick!
Keep AB, and hopefully have a healthy Sully and RR next season, with a bunch of picks and start over.
It's sad but true---this season is over after 46 games!! Any wins from here on just push us down in the draft and makes things worse.

Preach!

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I was not raised to quit. "You never fail until you quit trying" means everything to me.  I am also not afraid of struggle.  The guys still standing have been given a challenge and an opportunity.  I hope they are allowed to chase their chance as far as they can...and can think of themselves as winners in the end, who gave everything they had to give, rather than a bunch of losers who should be disbanded. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42

Was away for the last day and a half, and just found out about Sully!  Seriously??? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, we now have 11 healthy(technically anyways) bodies, 3 of which(Melo, Collins, and Wilcox) are virtually worthless, leaving 8, and two of those can't play more than 30 minutes! Please, optimism is one thing---being just plain freakin' delusional is another!
Danny needs to let every GM no they can have whomever they want for a pick and an expiring!  Whatever it takes not to win another game this season, and maybe get a top 3/5 pick!
Keep AB, and hopefully have a healthy Sully and RR next season, with a bunch of picks and start over.
It's sad but true---this season is over after 46 games!! Any wins from here on just push us down in the draft and makes things worse.

Agree. The Celtics hide behind the word Pride. We'll go 5 years now floundering but Proud. Sit KG and Pierce so they can play with their Grand Children without being crippled. Let the youngsters run wild, get decent draft picks. Replace Danny. He's used up his ammo. Yes he deserves a place in Celtic History but now it's time for a pipe and smoking jacket. He is not moving us forward but backward. I can't stand non action when the rest of the League is moving up and on. We could be in for another decade long free fall. We paid the Devil for that Championship, now the balance is due.

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Blowing it up makes life easier on the Heat, the Knicks and everyone else. Plus, it might push some team that gets a PP or KG over the top for a championship that would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

We are getting to see Lee, Bradley and Green do what they can do now. We may only have 8 or 9 guys but that's as many as we'd allow to play anyways in a playoff rotation.

Bradley, Lee, PP, Bass, KG
Barbosa, Terry, Green, Wilcox, Collins/Melo/free agent xyz (KMart or whomever)

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the Celtics are still a hard out this season. I'd rather have fun watching KG & PP play with some young athletic dudes who can D up hard and challenge good teams, than wait 5 years for lottery players to begin panning out. KG is STILL a top flight big in the NBA. Let's roll with it for now.

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

We were also struggling to beat a team ON OUR HOME COURT, which doesn't give much hope for winning on their court!

what's your point? the Heat barely beat us in game 2, and we barely beat them on their home floor in game 5

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408

Agree. The Celtics hide behind the word Pride. We'll go 5 years now floundering but Proud. Sit KG and Pierce so they can play with their Grand Children without being crippled. Let the youngsters run wild, get decent draft picks. Replace Danny. He's used up his ammo. Yes he deserves a place in Celtic History but now it's time for a pipe and smoking jacket. He is not moving us forward but backward. I can't stand non action when the rest of the League is moving up and on. We could be in for another decade long free fall. We paid the Devil for that Championship, now the balance is due.

We're not getting a top five pick out of this weak draft anyway, so tanking for a pick in the 8-12 range isn't going to help this team. We might as well see if lightning strikes in the playoffs and take our chances, however small that chance is.

Really? Fire Danny because of what? He put the deepest team we've had in years together and got more talent then anyone thought was possible. Doc couldn't fit those pieces together and that's on him, he tried to turn Lee and Terry into Ray Allen instead of incorporating their strengths, and Green didn't get any kind of consistency earlier in the year so of course he's going to play sporadically. Danny is at fault for not getting a better big, but that isn't exactly an easy task, hopefully he finds us something by trade or buyout soon.  You can't blame Danny for not having the resources to bring in superstars and keeping veterans who are worth way more on the floor than anything he can get in a trade. He's done a great job of reloading to keep us competitive and we only have 3 guys in the rotation past their prime, everyone else playing significant minutes are in their 20's and will be able to help us in the future (either by trade or on the court). End rant.