Author Topic: Can we please, once and for all  (Read 3509 times)

Can we please, once and for all
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:03 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Blow this team up, and have a major FIRE SALE!???

Was away for the last day and a half, and just found out about Sully!  Seriously??? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, we now have 11 healthy(technically anyways) bodies, 3 of which(Melo, Collins, and Wilcox) are virtually worthless, leaving 8, and two of those can't play more than 30 minutes! Please, optimism is one thing---being just plain freakin' delusional is another!
Danny needs to let every GM no they can have whomever they want for a pick and an expiring!  Whatever it takes not to win another game this season, and maybe get a top 3/5 pick!
Keep AB, and hopefully have a healthy Sully and RR next season, with a bunch of picks and start over.
It's sad but true---this season is over after 46 games!! Any wins from here on just push us down in the draft and makes things worse.

Re: Can we please, once and for all
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Was away for the last day and a half, and just found out about Sully!  Seriously??? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, we now have 11 healthy(technically anyways) bodies, 3 of which(Melo, Collins, and Wilcox) are virtually worthless, leaving 8, and two of those can't play more than 30 minutes! Please, optimism is one thing---being just plain freakin' delusional is another!
Danny needs to let every GM no they can have whomever they want for a pick and an expiring!  Whatever it takes not to win another game this season, and maybe get a top 3/5 pick!
Keep AB, and hopefully have a healthy Sully and RR next season, with a bunch of picks and start over.
It's sad but true---this season is over after 46 games!! Any wins from here on just push us down in the draft and makes things worse.

[Edited]. I think most of the world is an agreement with you tho.

------------

[Edited.  Please review our posting rules about labeling others and personal attacks. -RH]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:47:01 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
we just beat the heat like it was nothing. We can hang with the best, so we have to go for it. throwing away our best players for a draft pick in the worst draft ever is pretty illogical.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You will quickly learn there are still plenty of delusional homers on here that think the celtics are winning banner 18 still. I think most of the world is an agreement with you tho.

Quite a switch from all your talk about what a great team this is without Rondo. This team's already won 20 games and there's like 10 teams with worse records than ours. We aren't getting a top pick at this point in time. Besides, while this season may be over, next year isn't yet.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

You will quickly learn there are still plenty of delusional homers on here that think the celtics are winning banner 18 still. I think most of the world is an agreement with you tho.

Quite a switch from all your talk about what a great team this is without Rondo. This team's already won 20 games and there's like 10 teams with worse records than ours. We aren't getting a top pick at this point in time. Besides, while this season may be over, next year isn't yet.

If you actually read all of my posts instead of just reading a few and jumping to judgment then you would know where i stand which you clearly don't.

I said that this team would do fine without rondo IN THE REGULAR SEASON. I said once we hit the playoffs that's when we would miss rondo. 

Never ONCE did i say this team was great without rondo, NOT ONCE. If you're going to continue putting words in my mouth this will be my last response to you.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Boy these types of threads really fire me up.

Anyway, I disagree.

First off, Sully was a role player and a rookie.

It's not like he was the glue to the team.

As for Rondo, the Celtics play better without him.

Better ball movement and a more simple offense.

Also, the Celts have beaten Miami and the Knicks without Rondo.

So, I say here's to another championship run.

Let's pick the "blow it up" conversation up after the season is over.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Boy these types of threads really fire me up.

Anyway, I disagree.

First off, Sully was a role player and a rookie.

It's not like he was the glue to the team.

As for Rondo, the Celtics play better without him.

Better ball movement and a more simple offense.

Also, the Celts have beaten Miami and the Knicks without Rondo.

So, I say here's to another championship run.

Let's pick the "blow it up" conversation up after the season is over.

Sully was the best rebounder on a team which is already a bad rebounding team. He is a big loss but could possibly be overcame. Losing rondo, you can't replace that. All tho i do agree that the celtics play better as a team when rondo isn't dominating the ball they are NOT a better team without rondo in the longrun. By long run i mean playoffs when its your best 8 guys against theirs. 

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Can we please, once and for all...stop these "blow it up" threads...

seriously...the trade deadline is 2 weeks away, can we please just sit back and observe how this team will perform without Rondo/Sullinger...

we still have time to observe and listen to offers and not just throw away players for scrap

the future is important but we have to be patient and wait for the right offers/move to come up

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Can we blow you up?

Yawn
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If you actually read all of my posts instead of just reading a few and jumping to judgment then you would know where i stand which you clearly don't.

I said that this team would do fine without rondo IN THE REGULAR SEASON. I said once we hit the playoffs that's when we would miss rondo. 

Never ONCE did i say this team was great without rondo, NOT ONCE. If you're going to continue putting words in my mouth this will be my last response to you.

You made (from what I remember) quite a few posts about the team playing better without Rondo than with him, none of the posts that I saw said "only during the regular season, not during the playoffs". When you claim one team (or one version of a team) is better than another most people will assume that you mean all of the time unless you specify otherwise. So sorry if I misunderstood you but I'd say it was more due to your not being clear than my putting words in your mouth.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I think it'd be nicer to stay together!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think it'd be nicer to stay together!

Same here!
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
If you're going to blow it up, blow it up and get rid of Rondo who's in his prime too. You don't go to mediocre, you go to crapola and start accumulating picks (and you really want future picks since this is a crap draft).  I'm not for blowing it up unless there's nio hope and having watched Russell win in 1969, there's always hope when you have guys like PP and KG.

If you are going to blow it up, don't think you can keep players like Rondo that are going to keep you from getting high picks in several drafts.  There's too much delusion about how easy it is to build a contender and under the new CBA, it's going to be tougher than before for the Celtics compared to teams funded by billionaires or in NYC or LA.  We're going to be deep in the muck when we go down, so be careful what you wish for.

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If you're going to blow it up, blow it up and get rid of Rondo who's in his prime too. You don't go to mediocre, you go to crapola and start accumulating picks (and you really want future picks since this is a crap draft).  I'm not for blowing it up unless there's nio hope and having watched Russell win in 1969, there's always hope when you have guys like PP and KG.

If you are going to blow it up, don't think you can keep players like Rondo that are going to keep you from getting high picks in several drafts.  There's too much delusion about how easy it is to build a contender and under the new CBA, it's going to be tougher than before for the Celtics compared to teams funded by billionaires or in NYC or LA.  We're going to be deep in the muck when we go down, so be careful what you wish for.

this is a fine post. TP.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 08:07:58 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
So many thoughts runnin' thru my head---just really upset when I first heard about Sully!
I was in the defiant "hey, we're still gonna do it" camp after Rondo's injury. Maybe, just maybe I said, but after Sully......Guess I'm just too much of a realist.
Objectively though, we never had a starting Center this year! KG plays it well enough, though disliking it, but the position demands more rebounding than he's capable of giving at this point in his career, and with the amount of time we play him.
We now don't have a point guard, which against many teams will leave us perilously open to full court pressure! Again, in playoff BB, a VERY bad thing.
Now, the little solid rebounding we had with Sully, is gone! No effective, starting caliber Center, no point guard, and no rebounding! Yes, those certainly are the main ingredients any team would want to have on their quest for a title!
Then Doc says, well we're just gonna have to play small ball!!!!!!Ha!!!!!! We'll start out BIG, with KG and BB(?really--6'8" undersized BB is a BIG now!LOL), and after that go with our best five! Since KG and PP only play 30 min a game, THAT should get real interesing!
ANY of this starting to sink in?
I don't think DA saw any FA talent out there worth adding salary for, and hopes of waiting til the trade deadline for castoffs from other teams who would be willing to jump on our sinking ship are unlikely to be much better than the Collins, Wilcox, Melo(at this point in his career) trash at the end of our current bench.
And just to respond to getting rid RR too, in the blow it up process------RR, AB, and Sully, I think most would agree can be part of a championship contender. That's your core! Maybe JG and Melo, but not to the point I would exclude them from deals. I definitely don't want anyone close to collecting SS left, going forward.
The RR,Sully train wreck has left us(ME) in a depressed heap, and I'm ready to move on--with YOUTH, STRENGTH, AND ATHLETICISM--and hopefully the beginnings of the next great Celtics' era!