Author Topic: The Heat are vulnerable...Stay in the hunt!  (Read 7266 times)

Re: The Heat are vulnerable...Stay in the hunt!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
The Heat are vulnerable...Yes they are. The celtics are in the hunt...not even close. Someone else may take out the Heat, like OKC, Golden State, NY, LAC, but not us.
i would bet on KG and pierce beating the heat over the likes of westbrook or curry...

Unfortunately it's a team sport, and KG and Pierce also can only go all out for about 25 minutes a game nowadays at most, and when they do, they need 5 days to recover.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
i hope the pacers knock out the heat, tbh. lol. they just have the personnel to match up well with the heat
- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I still think we have a chance, however slim that chance may be. 

I'd hate to see Danny blow  it up.  Let these guys have one more go at it.  I think it'll be fun.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 10:07:20 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I still think we have a chance, however slim that chance may be. 

I'd hate to see Danny blow  it up.  Let these guys have one more go at it.  I think it'll be fun.

Losing to the heat again *If we make it that far* will NOT be fun.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Unfortunately..regular season games are different than the playoffs, not one of the Knicks and Pacers are gonna stop the cHeat.   the Only team that has a punchers chance against them are the Bulls,but Rose needs to be back to atleast 90% to even have a chance..Our chance to beat them relies on Rondo but he is now out so that also went out of the window.

The only way they do not come out on top of the East is if they all of a sudden develop nagging injuries to their main core which will obviously slow them down.. That will give teams like the Knicks,Bulls or even us a slight chance.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We don't have enough star power to be serious contenders. We have a bunch of role players that are playing really well right now. That's all good and everything but role players don't win championships.
miamis "role players" were a big part of the Heat winning it all last year nobody does it alone not even LeBron.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
One more chance!

One more chance!

One more chance!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
One more chance!

One more chance!

One more chance!

No thanks, I rather have the Bulls somehow get them off our hands as we just make it to the Finals...
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
We don't have enough star power to be serious contenders. We have a bunch of role players that are playing really well right now. That's all good and everything but role players don't win championships.
miamis "role players" were a big part of the Heat winning it all last year nobody does it alone not even LeBron.

My biggest pet peeve is when somebody can't take what is said and comprehend it. Obviously dude, obviously you can't do it all alone. That being said you could replace all of miamis role players with other decent role players and miami still has a great shot at a title as long as the stars stay together, lebron wade and bosh.

Stars win championships not role players. Role players assist but they have absolutely no chance at a championship without enough star power to lead them. I hope you understand what i was trying to say now a little better now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:26:43 PM by Lightskinsmurf »

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
1. The Heat BARELY beat us last year.  After two full years together
that threesome of superstar vet players BARELY beat us.

If Bosh was fully healthy at the start of that series, we'd probably have lost in 5 or 6 games. Although, if we had a healthy Bradley, Green, and Wilcox who knows how things would have turned out. ;)

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Forgot to add, a healthy Ray too...

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
1. The Heat BARELY beat us last year.  After two full years together
that threesome of superstar vet players BARELY beat us.

If Bosh was fully healthy at the start of that series, we'd probably have lost in 5 or 6 games. Although, if we had a healthy Bradley, Green, and Wilcox who knows how things would have turned out. ;)

I hate the barely beat us line. They were missing arguably their second best player for most of the series and they still won. No excuses, if rose was healthy the celtics don't even make it that far.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Forgot to add, a healthy Ray too...
...and a healthy Pierce.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53

How much star power does a team need?  If Pierce can gain some momentum, Bradley takes another step, and KG just does his thing we would have plenty of star power.  Thats hoping for a lot but the odds of losing Rondo and Sully in the same week were pretty slim, why not hope for the same odds in the other direction.  Be a fan of this team.  Enjoy what they give you. It might not be a banner, but it could still be fun.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

How much star power does a team need?  If Pierce can gain some momentum, Bradley takes another step, and KG just does his thing we would have plenty of star power.  Thats hoping for a lot but the odds of losing Rondo and Sully in the same week were pretty slim, why not hope for the same odds in the other direction.  Be a fan of this team.  Enjoy what they give you. It might not be a banner, but it could still be fun.

How much star power do you need? The NBA is based soley on star power. Teams that win championships have players that can take over games consistently. At one point, this was KG and Pierce. They can still do so at times, just not on a regular basis.

When a team has 2-3 all stars/superstars not named Kobe (brick) Bryant the team will most likely contend. Look what the addition of CP3 has done for the Clips. Heat went from nothing to finals appearances and a championship. And look no further than our own 24-55 2007 celtics team to understand what star power can do for a team.

Basketball is a team sport and role players are very important. However, you need stars to contend. That being said, I do agree with your last line. Contention or not, I'm enjoying this fast break team.