Author Topic: The Heat are vulnerable...Stay in the hunt!  (Read 7259 times)

Re: The Heat are vulnerable...Stay in the hunt!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
1. The Heat BARELY beat us last year.  After two full years together
that threesome of superstar vet players BARELY beat us.

If Bosh was fully healthy at the start of that series, we'd probably have lost in 5 or 6 games. Although, if we had a healthy Bradley, Green, and Wilcox who knows how things would have turned out. ;)

I hate the barely beat us line. They were missing arguably their second best player for most of the series and they still won. No excuses, if rose was healthy the celtics don't even make it that far.

We did smoke them in the regular season with Bradley and Bosh both present.  Blasted the Heat twice if I recall.  The Celtics are a bad ass team when their pieces are healthy and clicking.  In the current situation I have no idea what to expect.

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If Bosh was fully healthy at the start of that series, we'd probably have lost in 5 or 6 games. Although, if we had a healthy Bradley, Green, and Wilcox who knows how things would have turned out. ;)

I hate the barely beat us line. They were missing arguably their second best player for most of the series and they still won. No excuses, if rose was healthy the celtics don't even make it that far.

The Heat were missing arguably their 2nd best player, we were arguably missing our 4th, 5th and 8th best players. If it's no excuses for the Celts it's no excuses for everyone else as well.

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 01:04:07 AM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
We don't have enough star power to be serious contenders. We have a bunch of role players that are playing really well right now. That's all good and everything but role players don't win championships.

How much star power does a team need?  If Pierce can gain some momentum, Bradley takes another step, and KG just does his thing we would have plenty of star power.  Thats hoping for a lot but the odds of losing Rondo and Sully in the same week were pretty slim, why not hope for the same odds in the other direction.  Be a fan of this team.  Enjoy what they give you. It might not be a banner, but it could still be fun.

How much star power do you need? The NBA is based soley on star power. Teams that win championships have players that can take over games consistently. At one point, this was KG and Pierce. They can still do so at times, just not on a regular basis.

When a team has 2-3 all stars/superstars not named Kobe (brick) Bryant the team will most likely contend. Look what the addition of CP3 has done for the Clips. Heat went from nothing to finals appearances and a championship. And look no further than our own 24-55 2007 celtics team to understand what star power can do for a team.

Basketball is a team sport and role players are very important. However, you need stars to contend. That being said, I do agree with your last line. Contention or not, I'm enjoying this fast break team.

That is my point.  We already have one all star (KG); if PP gets his thing going again then we have two all stars.  Bradley is a long shot, but maybe he will develop enough in the final months to play like a borderline all star.  It might be a long shot, but I am not giving up on this team.  And, like you, I am enjoying them no matter how things turn out.

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:48 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Heat are . . . bored.

Nobody in the East can really challenge them unless Rose comes back like Adrian Peterson.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:45 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

The Heat were missing arguably their 2nd best player, we were arguably missing our 4th, 5th and 8th best players. If it's no excuses for the Celts it's no excuses for everyone else as well.

That's fine, no matter how you slice it the celtics lost to the heat last year. Even when pretty much everything fell the celtics way. As much as you can hope for anyways.

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:58 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
The Heat are . . . bored.

Nobody in the East can really challenge them unless Rose comes back like Adrian Peterson.

Agreed

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
Sir Winston Churchill
Harrow School
United Kingdom
October 29, 1941

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

That's fine, no matter how you slice it the celtics lost to the heat last year. Even when pretty much everything fell the celtics way. As much as you can hope for anyways.

Sure, if you call losing Bradley in the playoffs "everything falling the Celts way", not to mention Green/Wilcox.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I agree Bron. only playing as hard as he feels like.........LBJ.    now has learned how to put his team on his back and can play like a madman.        when he thinks its necessary.

if the game meant something LBJ would have played up to the task.

shifting his focus away from the game on to something meaningless to everybody but  LBJ is the way to screwup his focus

wade can be shutdown now,  he loses his tempter when he is actually guarded......attract Wade, get technicals on him...take him out of the game.

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
We don't have enough star power to be serious contenders. We have a bunch of role players that are playing really well right now. That's all good and everything but role players don't win championships.
miamis "role players" were a big part of the Heat winning it all last year nobody does it alone not even LeBron.

My biggest pet peeve is when somebody can't take what is said and comprehend it. Obviously dude, obviously you can't do it all alone. That being said you could replace all of miamis role players with other decent role players and miami still has a great shot at a title as long as the stars stay together, lebron wade and bosh.

Stars win championships not role players. Role players assist but they have absolutely no chance at a championship without enough star power to lead them. I hope you understand what i was trying to say now a little better now.

The 2004 Pistons have something to say about that. No star players there.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
No shot without rondo...not buying the knicks and pacers...who really cares? They have no shot either....bulls depending on Rose possibly

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No shot without rondo...not buying the knicks and pacers...who really cares? They have no shot either....bulls depending on Rose possibly

I think this Bulls team is ready.  When Miami goes small they can now put Deng on Lebron at SF and have Butler at SF, not to mention Butler spelling Deng at SF. That's going to be a 7 game series.  With Rose I think the Bulls could take it in 6.