Author Topic: Does Jeff Green's recent play make it easier to deal Pierce?  (Read 3040 times)

Re: Does Jeff Green's recent play make it easier to deal Pierce?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 12:57:21 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
No, his recent play has been good, but he's always been good against bum/terrible teams.

It's true. The Magic, the Kings, the Heat. Bum teams right there.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 02:43:54 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
No, his recent play has been good, but he's always been good against bum/terrible teams.

It's true. The Magic, the Kings, the Heat. Bum teams right there.

He beats up on weaker teams and struggles to find consistency against .500 or higher teams.
I'm a Jeff Green fan but you can't rely on his recent play as a pretext for moving Paul Pierce. lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 04:31:59 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
jeff is a mediocre player. paul is a lot better than jeff, even at this point in his career. danny wont trade paul for a bunch of mediocre players. unless something amazing comes up, paul pierce is retiring a celtic - and i say that not in an emotionally stubborn way, but realistically, what are you going to trade paul for? gallinari and filler? lol.

paul is an asset, even if he stays on the team, and the money comes off the books. there's no use in using the money up on bad players.  if danny can get a player with a per of 18 or more, he'll move him - if not he won't... which in all reason says he won't. 

now if kg wants to go to the clippers for deandre jordan and bledsoe, then thats a deal... but i think kg and paul retire as celtics - at this stage in their careers you really cant get back equal value for them (or it's very unlikely you can), and danny knows this.

and danny wont accept being lowballed by any GM.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:23 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
jeff is a mediocre player. paul is a lot better than jeff, even at this point in his career. danny wont trade paul for a bunch of mediocre players. unless something amazing comes up, paul pierce is retiring a celtic - and i say that not in an emotionally stubborn way, but realistically, what are you going to trade paul for? gallinari and filler? lol.

paul is an asset, even if he stays on the team, and the money comes off the books. there's no use in using the money up on bad players.  if danny can get a player with a per of 18 or more, he'll move him - if not he won't... which in all reason says he won't. 

now if kg wants to go to the clippers for deandre jordan and bledsoe, then thats a deal... but i think kg and paul retire as celtics - at this stage in their careers you really cant get back equal value for them (or it's very unlikely you can), and danny knows this.

and danny wont accept being lowballed by any GM.
His leadership and what it is to be a Celtic instilled on younger players alone is worth it. Leave the Captain alone. >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk