Author Topic: Greg Oden spotted in Waltham?  (Read 10170 times)

Re: Greg Oden spotted in Walthem?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Interested if he can still offer anything to a team

I'm not to concerned on this respect, I don't think he plans on playing this year anyways.

Exactly, this would be a move for the future, and totally worth the risk imo. Imagine, ending the KG era while getting the guy we missed out on which lead to us trading for KG. After losing Rondo and Sullinger, we should totally focus on next season and beyond, but without tossing guys away for basically money savings. This would be one way of doing it.

It would be great to have him in our squad and potentially a strong boost for the future, but he already made it clear that he wants to go to the Heat or Cavs unfortunately.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Having Greg Oden on our team would be so stressful.  Just watch a video of him playing.  Every time he comes down from jumping for a block or a rebound you half expect his legs to buckle and shatter.  He just looks so big and heavy, and we know his knees are made of silly puddy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

I'm not to concerned on this respect, I don't think he plans on playing this year anyways.

Exactly, this would be a move for the future, and totally worth the risk imo. Imagine, ending the KG era while getting the guy we missed out on which lead to us trading for KG. After losing Rondo and Sullinger, we should totally focus on next season and beyond, but without tossing guys away for basically money savings. This would be one way of doing it.

It would be great to have him in our squad and potentially a strong boost for the future, but he already made it clear that he wants to go to the Heat or Cavs unfortunately.

He indicated he was interested in those two teams, but also boston was still in the mix. He in no way has decided yet.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Honestly, I see absolutely no harm in giving him a minimum contract for the rest of the season. If he pans out, then we could make a little playoff run. If he doesn't, no big deal, and we move on with our lives. It's not like he could ruin us. What's there to ruin?

No harm but we would have to vet min sign him for this year an next year as he is not going to play this season.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Man, how rumors spread... one guy says he may have seen him in the airport, now I'm seeing  a couple of Spanish tweets. The first one, seeing Oden spotted at the Celtic's facility, another one later mentioned he's been seen at Celtics' offices...

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/mark-titus-on-greg-oden-s-nba-prospects-he-really-just-has-no-idea-where-he-s-going-to-end-up-1.2980311#.UQ1sSasa-S4

"He really has no idea where he's going to end up"

Re: Greg Oden spotted in Waltham?
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
It would be so cool to see Oden in a Celtics jersey.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 03:29:02 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
According to Sherrod on twitter, Oden met with the C's. Says there's more to come on CSNNE.com

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
He made it pretty clear he is only interested in the Cavs or Heat.

While this is nice to see Ainge is pushing and working hard, I don't expect much of it, and if anything does happen it'll come in an overpay. 

He's made of glass.  Having talent doesn't matter if you only play 2 games a year.

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I can't imagine he'll sign here, but I'd be all for it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
He made it pretty clear he is only interested in the Cavs or Heat.

While this is nice to see Ainge is pushing and working hard, I don't expect much of it, and if anything does happen it'll come in an overpay. 

He's made of glass.  Having talent doesn't matter if you only play 2 games a year.

This is simply not true. Read a few of the recent articles, he clearly states he has no idea where he will end up.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He makes sense on many levels, maybe Sully is playing the " they are just like OSU" card. 

I agree he is fragile but it's very little risk for us and high reward at this point.  Maybe we can catch lightning in the bottle with a little Bill Walton season of '86 magic for us.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
KG era coming full circle? Oden finally ending up with the c's? Would be an awesome story if he could ever stay healthy , pretty doubtful though.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'd assume our offer is the full (not pro-rated) Bi-annual exception.

Cleveland can offer better money, so I'm guessing he signs there.

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd assume our offer is the full (not pro-rated) Bi-annual exception.

I don't believe we're allowed to offer a full bi-annual exception.  I believe the exception begins to pro-rate for all teams after January 10.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes