Author Topic: Greg Oden spotted in Waltham?  (Read 10179 times)

Re: Greg Oden spotted in Waltham?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 04:44:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

How did his knees look? Did you have him do lateral cuts?

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 04:49:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
easy pass. he will get hurt

What's the drawback even if in the worst case he gets injured? We are not contenders this year anymore, so would you prefer using one of the open roster spots on a guy who might develop into a future building block (Oden) or a guy who will is washed up (Kenyon Martin for example?)

waste of $. we are already over the cap.

as terrible as collins is, at least he is able to play. would rather have a player that can actually play.  the guy has been an injury prone bust since college

at this point Collins is much more of a waste of money. He will never help us win a championship, at least there is some chance Oden could do that in future.

Collins made sense before the Rondo and Sullinger injuries, now he's totally useless. We need to spend money and roster spots on prospects.

how in the world can u say oden can at least give us a chance??  he is always hurt.  face it, the dude is a bust due to injuries. give me a steimsma type player any day of the week over oden

Steimsma's and Collins' are useless when you have no stars for them to support. Oden didn't have his leg cut off or anything, he will be back in the NBA. The question is what does he have left in terms of athleticism. Players are recovering from knee surgeries much better nowadays. Look at Rubio, Shumpert, Rose, etc. Oden has as much of a chance or more of being a key player on a good team as Andrew Bynum does.

if ur willing to pay guaranteed millions of dollars on a guy who has been hurt his entire career, so be it.  not me, i will pass.

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

What's the drawback even if in the worst case he gets injured? We are not contenders this year anymore, so would you prefer using one of the open roster spots on a guy who might develop into a future building block (Oden) or a guy who will is washed up (Kenyon Martin for example?)

what do you care? you're not paying his salary lol

i care because it could hurt us in the long run.  obviously im not paying his salary, duh!

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

i care because it could hurt us in the long run.  obviously im not paying his salary, duh!

how does a vet min contract hurt us in the long run?

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
greg oden is worth the risk. Saying he's always injured is ridiculous. Ilgauskas was always injured at one point in his career, and then he never got injured again.

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

how does a vet min contract hurt us in the future?

i would only do it if it werent garunteed, which oden would never do. it hurts bc its $ we could invest someplace else. it hurts bc it could take a roster spot from someone else. it hurts bc if he gets hurt, its $ money down the drain (when we are over the cap already).

if u would do it, so be it. we have different opinions.  the guy is just a waste of $, time, and space imo bc he will get hurt

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
greg oden is worth the risk. Saying he's always injured is ridiculous.

ok, how is this:

"he has NEVER been healthy"

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 05:00:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

ok, how is this:

he was healthy in college, so that's false

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 05:00:52 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

ok, how is this:

Hahahahaha

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

i would only do it if it werent garunteed, which oden would never do. it hurts bc its $ we could invest someplace else. it hurts bc it could take a roster spot from someone else. it hurts bc if he gets hurt, its $ money down the drain (when we are over the cap already).

if u would do it, so be it. we have different opinions.  the guy is just a waste of $, time, and space imo bc he will get hurt
there are 15 roster spots on a team, and teams in the playoffs normally go through 8-9 man rotations in the playoffs. Whats wrong with rolling the dice on someone who can potetially change the game?

Id rather have injured greg oden on my team rather than a healthy jarvis varnado, but thats just me.

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

ok, how is this:

he was healthy in college, so that's false

ok......hows this:

"he has NEVER been healthy as a pro" ::)

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

there are 15 roster spots on a team, and teams in the playoffs normally go through 8-9 man rotations in the playoffs. Whats wrong with rolling the dice on someone who can potetially change the game?

Id rather have injured greg oden on my team rather than a healthy jarvis varnado, but thats just me.

agree to disagree

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

the Heat would reportedly dump Birdman or Varnado to sign Oden, and they are contenders who would use that spot on a guy who won't play this year, so it's not just you

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I say sign him up.  This can only help.

What's a negative to signing Oden?

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
YES AINGE!
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!