Author Topic: KG Trade idea  (Read 2247 times)

KG Trade idea
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bebyld4

First of all, I love KG.  What Celtics fan doesn't?  So, this trade would have to be with his blessing.  Especially since he's got a no-trade clause.

Also, I'd ask for one of the valuable first round picks OKC got in the Harden deal.

That's 3 valuable assets to help quickly rebuild.  And, by the time the rebuilding is over, Perk will be back off the books.

OKC does it for obvious reasons.  They will easily win the next 2 titles if they do it.  And, that's a nice parting gift for KG.

Re: KG Trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Unless we get the unprotected Toronto pick, there's no way I do that.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »

Offline southshorematt

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 46
I'd do it if the Toronto pick was involved. Wouldn't be to excited to take on Perk's contract though...

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I would not trade the defensive anchor of this team for two rookies and a limited center.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perk is damaged goods.  The rooks are intriguing, I do not think we will win in the playoffs but I would not mind if I were wrong.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:22 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
I'd do it if the Toronto pick was involved. Wouldn't be to excited to take on Perk's contract though...

If we go the rebuilding route, Perk's contract is not an issue.  By the time they are anywhere near contention again, Perk will be off the books.  Don't get me wrong, the trade is 100% about rebuilding.  I'd rather "tank" the rest of the season (e.g. sneak into the lottery), and add these 3 assets plus the C's lotto pick.

That would leave the C's the following building blocks for the future:

PG:  Rondo
SG:  Lamb, Bradley
SF:  Green, Perry Jones
PF:  Sullinger
C:   Melo

Plus, two lotto picks this year

That's a decent amount of young talent and cap space in two years to add to it.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME!!!!!!

KG has a no-trade clause.  He is not getting traded.  Please stop this non-sense.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 03:00:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bebyld4

First of all, I love KG.  What Celtics fan doesn't?  So, this trade would have to be with his blessing.  Especially since he's got a no-trade clause.

Also, I'd ask for one of the valuable first round picks OKC got in the Harden deal.

That's 3 valuable assets to help quickly rebuild.  And, by the time the rebuilding is over, Perk will be back off the books.

OKC does it for obvious reasons.  They will easily win the next 2 titles if they do it.  And, that's a nice parting gift for KG.

I'd do it if they gave us the Raptors pick too.  Otherwise, no thanks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

KG has a no-trade clause.  He is not getting traded.  Please stop this non-sense.

Unless you are a good friend of KG or have some inside info, then I would say you are more sure about KG than you ought to be.  I have no idea how KG would view this, but countless players with no-trade clauses have agreed to trades. This one would present an opportunity to win at least 1 championship and play with 2 great scorers and alongside a hustling rebounder/defender in Ibaka. 

I think the Thunder might be better off offering Collison and Maynor instead of Perk which would set things up better for KG -- he wouldn't have to bang with the big 5's as much.   Also, C's would make out a little better financially.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Unless you are a good friend of KG or have some inside info

I am KG's Knee   ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

Unless you are a good friend of KG or have some inside info

I am KG's Knee   ;D

TP.  Stay strong and pain-free -- we need you!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Naww, KG is our 2rd best player right now and I'd rather have his cap relief after this season if he'd retire.
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Since everyone is just just crazy with trade ideas (realistically or not) all over this board, i would like to give kg and pp the gift of another ring with this imaginary trade. ;D but given the choice i would still like them to retire in green.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4kw64v