Author Topic: Bass for Chuck Hayes  (Read 2388 times)

Bass for Chuck Hayes
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:02:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why sac would do the trade: Bass can score better than Hayes, is 3 years younger.

Why celts would do the trade: Desperate need for inside presence, someone who can rebound and play defense. Hayes is another Sullinger and is a load to play against , especially down low. Also has underrated passing skills and is a tough sob. Unlike Bass, he will get you, the game changing offensive rebound you need.  Plus with the resurgence of Jeff Green , we really don't need bass as that tweener perimeter oriented pf guy.

yes or no?

Re: Bass for Chuck Hayes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
The Kings have incentive to keep Hayes because Hayes has been a good influence on DMC (I heard).

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The Kings have incentive to keep Hayes because Hayes has been a good influence on DMC (I heard).

i'll throw in a 2nd rounder and a personal baby sitter for DMC.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think the trade makes a lot of sense. Chuck Hayes would be a huge boon for us defensively assuming he can regain the form he had in Houston.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 01:18:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Where did you hear this?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:19:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think the trade makes a lot of sense. Chuck Hayes would be a huge boon for us defensively assuming he can regain the form he had in Houston.

I think he can. He doesn't play alot of mins, but if he came on board, he would probably start right away. The more you play the better shape you will get into. Plus this guy is playing hard, but not as hard as he did in Houston.

Three days ago, watching him play, he was like the best player on court for them. Right plays after right plays.  He would fit us like a glove. Again most important , we have to fill a void left by Sully. KG is going to wear out battling down low all by himself.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Remember 2011 during FA period, celts had high interest in bringing Hayes aboard. It would of happened imo, until sac gave him a deal he couldn't refuse.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:42:39 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Where did you hear this?

I should have said *probably is a positive influence on DMC*, as speculated by Celtics and Kings fans alike when Chuck Hayes was an FA.

I'm on holiday mode and my brain is switched on halfway.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 02:16:49 AM »

Offline Mikedmx6

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
As much as everyone can't stand bass, his work ethic to me is off the charts and is always hustling, after sully going down trading bass to me is the last move I'd make, at this point unless you get a deal you can't refuse for pierce, we gotta ride it out and pick up couple players along the way someone like Kenyon Martin n leave one spot open for a buyout every year there is a few good buy out players, celtics fans put to many players heads on a torch constantly like playing for this franchise is such a easy task, frankly enough is enough stop being so critical over mistakes that can be fixed

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:36 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why sac would do the trade: Bass can score better than Hayes, is 3 years younger.

Why celts would do the trade: Desperate need for inside presence, someone who can rebound and play defense. Hayes is another Sullinger and is a load to play against , especially down low. Also has underrated passing skills and is a tough sob. Unlike Bass, he will get you, the game changing offensive rebound you need.  Plus with the resurgence of Jeff Green , we really don't need bass as that tweener perimeter oriented pf guy.

yes or no?
A 31-year-old, 6'6 "center" who hasn't averaged 20 minutes per game for since 2011 and is on the books for way more money than a player with his skills should be is your "inside presence". Please.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 03:53:54 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

yes or no?
A 31-year-old, 6'6 "center" who hasn't averaged 20 minutes per game for since 2011 and is on the books for way more money than a player with his skills should be is your "inside presence". Please.
Haha, that's one season.

Besides, it was a whole 0.8 minutes off from 20.  What do you expect a 4th big, or even a 3rd big to average?  Cousins and Thompson account for 60 minutes, leaving 36 for him to split with their lottery pick Robinson, or JJ Hickson/Donte Green last season.  And that's not even taking into account all the same ball they play with Outlaw or James Johnson.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 10:07:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No interest in Chuck Hayes. Too limited to be earning that much money.

I would rather just sign Joey Dorsey on the minimum. He is not the defender Chuck Hayes is but he is a good defender and he has much potential to improve. Young, cheap and has some upside (defensively).

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No interest in Chuck Hayes. Too limited to be earning that much money.

I would rather just sign Joey Dorsey on the minimum. He is not the defender Chuck Hayes is but he is a good defender and he has much potential to improve. Young, cheap and has some upside (defensively).

Dorsey is in Turkey this year until the season ends, so you can't get him. I do get your reasoning to get him though and they are similar type of players but would come cheaper.

You have to overlook hayes contract and height. The guy has only a few more years left, and will be a serviceable vet. He just works so hard out there and would help us deal with our inside shortage.

The reason also why he is perfect for our team structure , is he is quick on his feet. Slow foot but talented guys will not fit well into our lineup. For example Mozgov.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How about a three team trade.

Bos: Out-Terry, Draft picks
     In- Hayes, Trade exception ($5m)

Mem: Out-Trade exception ($5m)
     In-Terry

Sac: Out-Hayes
     In-Draft picks (Bos)

Only team that might hesitate would be Sacramento, but, depending on how badly the new ownership might want out from Hayes contract, they may pull the trigger.

Would be great for Boston.  Get an additional low post presence, and a trade exception to use next season (couln't use it this season as it woul put them over the hard cap/tax apron).  Sure, we lose Terry, but the way he has been playing, we could probably find a vet min buyout candidate who could replace his production.  Also opens up more minutes for Barbosa.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

yes or no?
Haha, that's one season.

Besides, it was a whole 0.8 minutes off from 20.  What do you expect a 4th big, or even a 3rd big to average?  Cousins and Thompson account for 60 minutes, leaving 36 for him to split with their lottery pick Robinson, or JJ Hickson/Donte Green last season.  And that's not even taking into account all the same ball they play with Outlaw or James Johnson.
It's actually two seasons and a half -- 10/11, 11/12, and whatever he played this season.

Also, "what I expect from a 4th big" is kind of irrelevant -- you're planning to trade our starting PF(!) for this guy.

Really, the whole conversation is such a nonstarter that I can't quite fathom how it may occur in people's heads.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."